Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARS - The features that set it apart

+2
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

CARS - The features that set it apart Empty CARS - The features that set it apart

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm sure there will be a few things here that may or may not still be part of the final game, but it's a good list to get an idea just how different it will be from the Forza games.  And obviously some of the stuff will just be for PC (like VR for instance), but they've said that as far as the actual game goes it will be a 1:1 translation to consoles.

CARS - The features that set it apart

• Crane picks up car stuck in gravel trap under yellow flag conditions.
  • Customized rolling starts/grid starts.
  • Track conditions change throughout the calendar year, days will get longer or shorter, it will get hotter or cooler and leaves will litter the track in Autumn and winter.
  • Multiple Ghost cars out on track.
  • Ability to accelerate the time of day up to 240x speed, as well as the ability to have the race at any time of day.
  • VR headset compatibility and head tracking.
  • You can damage your headlight(s) to the point where they don't light up, if this happens during the night. You will be driving "blind".
  • There is an Initial helmet tearoff strip animation.
  • Motion captured pit stop animations
  • Fully dynamic weather that can be link to real time weather reports.
  • Adaptive pit strategy.
  • In addition to the racing line, it gets more grip over time in wet conditions it becomes dryer quicker.
  • Overall lighting will darken if a cloud blocks the sun, as it would in real life.

Career

• There is no money system as everything is given to you at the beginning, however, like in real life, you work your way up the motorsport ranks via contract offers. Rather than just grinding to buy a certain car.
  • Free Practice, Qualifying, Warm-up Laps, Safety Car, Rolling/Standing Start is all adjustable in career mode.
  • All events in career mode will be "scalable" in terms of length.
  • Full Indy 500 license, including all cars, drivers, and designs.
  • In the announcement of the 24h of Le Mans license they say that players will be able to race against a full field of 55 opponents (totaling 56 cars including player).
  • Build notes mention something regarding championship points in the career mode.
  • There will be Contact offers in Career (Confirmed).
  • Currently up to 8 tiers of different championships you could do to reach Formula A.
  • Highly adjustable AI characteristics (Overall challenge, aggression, start reaction, intelligence, qualifying ability, race ability, passing, blocking, stamina, risk taking).
  • Historic carrier goals (Defending Champion, Rising Star, Triple Crown).
  • Invitation events & endorsement deals.
  • Manager & engineer inform you of your progress and career opportunities.

Solo Mode

• Playing in Solo Mode wont effect your Career Progress.
  • Track gets "grippier" as rubber is tire laid down over time.
  • You can shorten a 24 hour period in game to 6 minutes (real life).

Season Mode

• Ranges from Minor track days to the 24 hours of LeMans
  • "Your pit engineer will help you deal with the environmental changes as well as when your brakes or tyres are overheating, when you’re gaining/losing on an opponent and other race related information (he’ll be present in every mode)."

Quick Race Weekend

• Up to 64 cars on track (PC).
  • More than 16 on Consoles.
  • Ability to do a quick 2 lap quick race to practice sessions, qualifying and a 2 race setup.

The Cars

• Each car will have its own respective features in alliance to real life (i.e. KERS, DRS, Active Aero, etc.)
  • Asymmetrical tuning.
  • Brake Heat.
  • Engine Heat.
  • Oil Temperature.
  • Each car has its own unique set of tires.
  • Driver helmets fit the time period of when the vehicle went into production.
  • Windshield Wiper button.
  • Headlights on/off button.
  • Tire deformation and punctures are included.
  • Up to 70+ setup options.
  • Mechanical failures.
  • Wheels are detachable if involved in a crash.
  • If you make contact with another wheel in an open wheel car, like in real life, your car could get unsettled, or worse launched up in the air (i.e. Mark Webber 2010)

• Free Practice, Qualifying, Warm-up Laps, Safety Car, Rolling/Standing Start is all adjustable when creating an online session.
  • There was a claim by the head of marketing that the online multiplayer count on Consoles was stress tested at 30+, however talks are a aim towards 16-20 players in an online session.
  • Multi-class racing.
  • Join in season lobbies.
  • Virtual social network feed where your fans give comment on you, goes in the career sections.
  • Being able to spectate other drivers and watch telemetry at the same time.
  • Competitive online with features such as ‘join in progress’ and invite-only sessions
  • Asynchronous play via the Driver Network – Time Trial mode with downloadable ghosts and regularly-scheduled Community Events
  • Player tailoring and accessibility features – dial the game to your own particular skill and comfort level

Misc

• The basic game difficulty levels are; "ARCADE" - "ACTION" - "REAL" - "SEMI-SIM" - "SIM".
  • Create your own driver to your liking.
  • Ben Collins (AKA Stig) as a pit engineer.
  • Build notes mention something regarding "Motivational Speeches" via Pit2Car Radio (NOT CONFIRMED).
  • Lens Flare is adjustable.
  • Grid Girls!!!, Media Press, Race Engineers, Crowds and Race Marshals are all track side, and are built with great detail.
  • All cars and tracks unlocked from the start of the game.
  • The game makes use of the Xbox One's controller impulse triggers, similar to that of Forza 5.
  • The game makes use of the Playstation DUALSHOCK 4 speaker, where "You'll hear your Pit Engineer talking directly to you through the integrated speaker."
  • Physics underneath runs at 600 times a second (Forza 5 200, iRacing 400), input on the controller is measured 250 times per second.

Mention-able Notes:

• The Safety car won't be available at launch, however will rather come in a week 1 update (NOT CONFIRMED).
  • Indy Cars (DW12) won't be at available at Launch, however will be available in a later update.
  • Save and share your proudest moments with photos and replays
  • Support for over 40 different wheels and peripherals

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

CARS - The features that set it apart Empty Re: CARS - The features that set it apart

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

That is all ridiculously awesome. That being said... I wish there was a more official source with a list like this.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

CARS - The features that set it apart Empty Re: CARS - The features that set it apart

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 pm

AtrumX wrote:That is all ridiculously awesome. That being said... I wish there was a more official source with a list like this.

I agree, but it's about as official as it can get without being straight from the devs.  Pretty much everybody that contributed to that list is part of the community that has been testing the game forever.

Will be interesting to see what truly makes the game and what has changed since that list started.  It was last edited on Jan. 15th so I assume they are keeping up fairly well on what's in/out.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Yeah that's crazy. The time of day, custom starting grids, weather conditions, etc will make for some serious epic clan events. Can you imagine a nighttime, raining, no-headlights nurburgring clan race? lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:06 pm

AtrumX wrote:Yeah that's crazy. The time of day, custom starting grids, weather conditions, etc will make for some serious epic clan events. Can you imagine a nighttime, raining, no-headlights nurburgring clan race? lol

I'm looking forward to it!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 pm

I cant wait to get back to S7 season racing again.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:15 pm

S7 KnightOwl wrote:I cant wait to get back to S7 season racing again.

I'm thinking this game can revive some of the racing we've not had in a while.  Forza just doesn't do it for me anymore.  If this game is truly more of a sim racer and focuses on what a real racing game should be then I can see being interested in season racing again.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:25 pm

S7 KnightOwl wrote:I cant wait to get back to S7 season racing again.

Agreed. Should be a blast to get the guys all together again.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:35 pm

This really does look promising.  I think this will pull me back into racing.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Really looking forward to this game and it's too bad there won't be cross-platform racing.  Guess we'll just have to build a PS4 group of racers.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Really looking forward to this game and it's too bad there won't be cross-platform racing.  Guess we'll just have to build a PS4 group of racers.

That seems to be what Zak does, so you're probably good there. Cross Platform would be epic though. Wish more multi-platform games would do that. PC to XBO could happen. The infrastructure in place will never support PS4 to XBO sadly.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:34 am

Oh yeah.  I'm all over this game and so are a few others on PS4.  No worries Puppet.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:12 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Oh yeah.  I'm all over this game and so are a few others on PS4.  No worries Puppet.
Yeah, I know we have some core racers, we'll just have to grow the PS4 group thru online play like Forza did for the 360.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:46 pm

I'm just excited to have a -hopefully- good racer again. One of the few places we can atleast compare lap times
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:02 am

AtrumX wrote:I'm just excited to have a -hopefully- good racer again. One of the few places we can atleast compare lap times

Me too.  Even if everything on that list isn't in the game...if 75% of that stuff is there I'll be ecstatic.  Forza 4 was the last time I put much time into a racing game and this could fill that void that I've had for so long.  At least I'm really hoping for.  Forza has basically been "dumbed down" so much at this point that I have zero interest in buying the next one unless they just completely overhaul the entire game, which they won't.  It's been too popular to make any drastic changes.  Project CARS can fill that gap for more serious racing and get away from the fluff that's so prevalent in Forza.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down