Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours

5 posters

Go down

Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours Empty Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:04 am

Australian retailer EB Games will remove The Elder Scrolls Online from its bricks and mortar shelves on January 13, a Kotaku AU source claims. If the report is true then it serves as fresh evidence that Bethesda intends to scrap the MMO's monthly subscription fees in favour of a free-to-play model. Both boxed copies of the game, as well as pre-paid subscription cards, will reportedly be discontinued.
The development follows news late last year that players can no longer purchase six-month subscriptions to the MMO, which was met with mixed reviews when it launched last year. While a moderator on an official French TESO forum claimed the six-month blocks were discontinued due to lack of demand (ie, customers prefer to buy shorter blocks), evidence is certainly mounting that a change is imminent.
Our Chris Thursten wasn't impressed by Elder Scrolls Online, describing it as "capable, but ultimately hard to recommend". A huge update is due later this month, ushering in dramatic changes to the MMO's post-game
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours Empty Re: Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 am

Looks like it might not be for F2P reasons...we'll see soon enough. I imagine ZOS will have to say something at this point.

"This is just part of a normal stock recall. Post-Christmas we ask stores to send back anything that they may have too much of in store. This time we included many titles, including The Evil Within, Destiny and The Elder Scrolls Online."

Elder Scrolls stock removal just part of "normal stock recall"
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours Empty Re: Elder Scrolls Online reportedly removed from retail shelves amid free-to-play rumours

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:47 pm

but to pull all the stock   is kind of crazy unless it really does not sell i could see sending ever copy back
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm

It's going to be like E.T. all over again
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 pm

S7 Ragnarok wrote:It's going to be like E.T. all over again

I don't think so.  I admit I haven't played the game on PC but it has gotten TONS of praise for how much it's improved since it was released last year...with another HUGE update coming soon.  Looks like pretty much all the people hating on it still are people that played the beta and gave up on it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:34 pm

i  dont think it wil be that bad

i  played alot of the pc alpha and beta and it is a fun  game  just like most MMO the end game is meh
ill pick it up only if its f2p when  it comes out   if not ill pass not going to pay for xbox live on top  of a sub charge

im fine  with pc sub charges as thats all im paying for
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:35 pm

I was young them, but I actually liked that game.  Beat it a few times.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:18 pm

It not going to f2p anytime soon. From the actual yup date on the site there are still putting in new things into the xbox ps4 versions. Like voice chat ect that pc doesn't have
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down