Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On

+7
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Sticky
S7 Jwriter
Atrum
Slate
S7 Smack
11 posters

Go down

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Empty Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On

Post by S7 Smack Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Here's a run down and the latest info from the Reach Beta, details. below:

April 21, 2010 - A public videogame beta is a beautiful and powerful thing. It's the point when a development studio blows the airlock on a multi-million-dollar years-long project and delivers it for testing to a fan base both ravenous and skeptical. Part demo and part research project, a beta brings players and creators in closer contact than at any point in a project's development cycle. I'm a big believer in public betas as the best way to create a stellar multiplayer experience, and Bungie is planning to go big when it opens Halo: Reach up for a public test next month.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20091213042947453

I recently dropped by Bungie Studios to take an early look at what's in store for Halo fans next month, and I'll fill you in on what I've seen in just a bit. But first, a quick primer on what Reach is and what's involved in the beta. The madness starts on May 3 for those with a copy of Halo 3: ODST, the standalone Halo 3 expansion that was released in September 2009. When the magic date rolls around, you'll see the Halo: Reach beta option pop up in ODST's extras menu. Download it, launch it through ODST, and you're in.

Through matchmaking, custom games or system link, you'll have four multiplayer maps to explore when the beta launches. In addition to classic Halo multiplayer game types including Slayer and Free-for-all, Reach introduces a number of new modes, four of which will be playable in the beta. Some of what you'll see will be instantly familiar, but make no mistake – a lot has changed.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20100420080141748 Pssst. Behind you.

The world of Reach is brutal and unforgiving. Just ask the millions of people who died there when the Covenant attacked it in 2552. Actually, you can't ask them, because they're dead. And fake. But you get the idea. In the Halo universe, Reach was humanity's most important colonial outpost. In some ways it had, in fact, become more important than Earth itself. The Spartan program was born there, and Master Chief John-117 grew up there. When it fell, it fell hard, under gargantuan glowing spirals of overheated plasma. At the end, Reach was a mean, dangerous place. And so is the Halo: Reach beta.

Consider the Covenant Plasma Launcher, one of the new power weapons available in Halo: Reach. Picture a hammerhead shark, squeezed and molded into a streamlined armful of metallic alien polymer. Its cartilaginous protuberances have been repurposed into trigger, stock, scope and muzzle. It's missing the shark's organic glisten, but it's just as dangerous.

Fire the trigger once and it launches a sticky plasma grenade at its target. Hold the trigger down, and more grenades (up to four) will be added to the launch queue. Let them fly, and they'll gently track to the poor sap caught between its crosshairs. It's a gun you'll want to keep your eye on. And it's not the only one. The Covenant Focus Rifle is equally nightmarish. A cross between the Beam Rifle and a Forerunner Sentinel laser beam, it fires a stream of pink death across the map, slicing and dicing as it goes.

But the Covenant aren't the only ones with deadly new toys. Spartans go into battle with the Grenade Launcher, a new addition to the UNSC arsenal that hurls, well, grenades. But there's a twist. Hold down the trigger and the projectile will stay dormant where it lies, primed for explosion. Release the trigger at an opportune moment and it goes blammo at your beck and call, throwing out an electromagnetic pulse blast for good measure.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20100420080133248 Assassinations. Now more humiliating than ever.

In addition to new weapons like these, the Needle Rifle, and others, there are also re-tooled blasts from the Halo past making their appearance in Reach. The Designated Marksman Rifle is the UNSC replacement for the Battle Rifle (thank the Ancients), and it's a headshot magnet in experienced hands. The Magnum is also back, and it's better than ever. Five steady, well-timed body shots with this little hand cannon will get you a satisfying kill. It's deadlier than it looks. Respect it.

With all these new boomsticks lying about, you're going to need some protection. But rather than armor your Spartan up even more than he was in Halo 3, Bungie has gone back in the Halo: Combat Evolved direction. That's right, health packs are back. In Halo: Reach, when your shields get whittled down to nothing, your health bar will start to chip away. The only way to restore it is to find a wall-mounted health pack (similar to Halo 3: ODST) and shake it off, Marine.

There are two bright spots in the health-and-wellness realm. First, your shields are still regenerative and they're a bit heartier against melee attacks than in Halo 3. A smack from behind will still net a kill so long as your target's shields are down. Second, the armor you take into battle is imbued with special characteristics, depending on which loadout you choose.
These armor abilities are some of the biggest changes Bungie is bringing to Halo: Reach, and you'll want to try them all during the beta. Remember all those items scattered around the multiplayer maps in past Halo games? Those are gone. In their place, you'll have access to one of four loadouts at the beginning of each multiplayer round, and their availability changes depending on which map/mode you're playing. So if you pick the Air Assault loadout, for example, you'll spawn with an Assault Rifle, a Magnum and a Jet Pack; expert Marksman includes the Designated Marksman Rifle, the Magnum and the Sprint armor ability; and so on.

Power-ups were always a wildcard in Halo. How many times have you hopped across a map toward the Overshield only to find someone beat you to it? Or maybe you've lovingly held onto the Power Drain, waiting for that perfect moment of vehicular sabotage, only to get sniped like a noob and watch it tumble down a grassy hill along with the rest of your carefully curated inventory. Well, not anymore.

You now have four power-up options in each game you play. Feel like sneaking about? Pick Active Camo at the beginning of the round and you can use it to your heart's content. But watch the little circle next to your armor ability icon on the HUD, because you can only use so much at a time before it needs to recharge. The good news is I found the recharge times to be pretty forgiving. Also, all abilities are constantly trying to recharge, so you won't need to completely deplete your power before it starts to fill back up.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20100420080139263 The Armor Lock ability makes you invincible for a limited time. Use it to hold key areas.

So let's say you get bored with Active Camo halfway through the round or realize you'd get more of a tactical advantage using the Jet Pack. Halo: Reach lets you choose a different loadout each time you spawn, which is definitely a nice touch. Just remember, you can't choose armor abilities separately from weapons in the beta. Each ability comes with a weapon set to keep things balanced.

What you choose will depend on where and what you're playing. The Halo: Reach beta ships with four maps that vary in size and layout. Powerhouse is a sweeping outdoor area with a classic multiplayer setup that's good for most party game types. Swordbase is tighter quarters (an ONI facility) with multiple tiers that practically begs you to pick the Jet Pack armor ability. Overlook is set up for the new Generator Defense game type, and Boneyard is a gigantic area with indoor and outdoor playgrounds. You can read all about each map in-depth in IGN's Reach beta map blowout.

Along with the new maps come four new game types (in addition to returning Halo multiplayer modes like SWAT and Slayer). But first, an important note. In Halo: Reach, the vast majority of modes are Spartan vs. Spartan. Bungie wants you to build a Spartan character and focus on building it up through both the multiplayer and campaign. There are Elites in the multiplayer beta, but they take a backseat to the humans. And unlike Halo 3's multiplayer, in which the two sides looked different but behaved identically, the Reach beta draws attention to their discrepancies. In Reach, the Elites are taller, stronger and heartier than their cybernetically enhanced human counterparts. The Spartans may be weaker, but they're more agile, if that's any comfort.

One of my favorite modes in the beta is Headhunter, a chaotic mix of Oddball and Capture the Flag. It works like this. Each time you kill an enemy player, a flaming skull drops out of his head, just like in the Bible. Your goal is to collect as many enemy skulls as possible and haul them back to a drop zone to score points (one per cranium). Above your head is a number that lets everyone know how many skulls you're carrying around, which makes you an instant target, so it's risky to get too greedy. However, if you can manage to collect and score with 10 skulls at once, it's an automatic win. Not to mention huge bragging rights. Our Australian counterparts were so impressed, they wrote an in-depth piece about Halo: Reach's Headhunter mode

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20100420080137482 Bring flags and flaming skulls to score areas like these.

Stockpile is Capture the Flag on some sort of drug that's probably illegal, even in 2552. In this mode, neutral flags spawn on the map, and your goal is to gather up as many as you can and bring them back to your base to score. The trick is that the scoring is on a countdown timer, so if the enemy team manages to steal flags from your scoring circle before the score clock hits, you're out of luck. You can't use any of your armor abilities while you're holding a flag, but you can melee with it. And I suggest you do. It's one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Invasion is another new mode, and it can only be played on the massive Boneyard map in the beta. If you're into large-scale, complex games that reward tight teamwork, this is the mode for you. One of only two game types in the Reach beta that pits Spartans against Elites, Invasion sticks Spartans in a defense position and sends the Elites in to take it. There are three objective-based phases to each round. As the Elites bust their way through the Spartans' defenses, the loadout options ramp up in outrageousness, and new vehicles become available.

Generator Defense is the other Spartan-Elite game type, and it's only available on Overlook, a smallish outdoor map with an Elite spawn point at one end and a building bordered by three small generators at the other. The Spartans' goal is to protect those gennies at all costs by locking them down at intervals and, of course, killing to death any Elites who manage to breach the perimeter. Pro tip: Find the Spartan laser quickly.

While you're getting used to the big changes in Halo: Reach, you'll also want to pay close attention to the controller layout diagram in the options menu. Think you know how to play Halo? Well, not anymore. The most dramatic change is that the B button no longer controls melee attacks. It switches between grenades now. The left bumper now controls your armor abilities and the right bumper melees. Since there's no dual-wielding in Halo: Reach, the X button handles reloading, and the right and left triggers fire guns and toss grenades respectively. For longtime Halo players used to the standard controller layout, this will take a ton of getting used to.

One Reach addition I had no trouble integrating into my repertoire is the new assassination move. If you manage to sneak up behind an unsuspecting opponent, holding down the melee button for a second or two will result in an animated third-person stabbing that's immensely satisfying. The animations change depending on the situation, too, so dropping down behind an Elite via Jet Pack will look different than stabbing a Spartan while you have Active Camo engaged.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20100420080140716 Prepare for this kind of mayhem on Boneyard. Also, stay away from that laser thing.

It's a very cool touch, and I can't wait to see the saved films that come out of it. And yes, the Theater and file sharing will be available in the beta, but Forge won't. Rest assured, though, it will be in the final game, along with some surprises.

One of the Halo multiplayer changes I was most looking forward to seeing in the Reach Beta was unavailable at preview time. Bungie was showing the game on a system link setup, not online, so I didn't get a chance to see matchmaking in action. I also didn't see the new Player Rewards system, which doles out credits at the end of each round that you can spend on avatar customization. But it works simply enough. You earn credits by playing (and doing well) in matches, and those credits effect both your military rank and in-game identity. You can earn even more credits by taking part in both daily and weekly challenges that Bungie will be hosting, and by gathering commendations for your actions over the course of your Reach career. Commendations will be in the beta, challenges won't.

And, although I didn't get to see it during the preview, Bungie says it's made several improvements to the multiplayer matchmaking interface that will be available in the beta. That includes active roster, an integrated friends-list that eliminates the need to use the Xbox 360's guide button; queue-joining, which lets you join up with friends immediately after they finish a match; social settings that let you search for teammates that match your play style; an improved voting system; an "arena" system that rates and ranks the true Halo hardcore; and a method for prioritizing game searches by connection type.

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Halo-reach-20100420080130638 Killing is their business, and business is good.

With Reach, Bungie is clearly setting out to make the ultimate Halo multiplayer experience, and they're going in two different directions to get there. On one hand, they're reaching back to the roots of the series with some gameplay nods to Halo: CE. On the other, they're borrowing from some modern innovations like Modern Warfare's loadouts and character progression system. In the hours I spent with the beta, I found that the changes definitely nudged the experience in a different direction while retaining a distinct Halo feel. Some of the changes will be jarring to seasoned players, but hopefully the beta will help sort out what works and what doesn't.

In case it hasn't sunk in yet, this is a big beta. There's a lot to bury your teeth in here, and Bungie's counting on players to beat this sucker up good. The more you kick the tires, the better the end result will be when the final version of Halo: Reach ships in September. And because it's a work in progress, some of the things I've outlined here will likely change. A lot.

The Halo: Reach beta hits Xbox Live on May 3, but we'll have a ton more coverage over the next few weeks. In fact, we'll have something for you every day. Later this week we'll bring you more info on how Bungie went about designing its final multiplayer Halo game, and how the series has changed over time. Then we'll plunge into specifics on all the weapons, vehicles, modes, maps and extras that are coming your way in Reach. So stay tuned to IGN for everything you need to know about the beta in the weeks to come.

Are you excited for the Halo: Reach beta? Let us know your thoughts by hitting us @igncom on Twitter. And if you have any questions, toss #haloign on your tweet and I'll answer your questions live on Twitter at 2 p.m. PST on Thursday, April 22
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Empty Re: Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On

Post by Slate Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 am

Hot.
Slate
Slate
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : SLA7E

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:12 am

Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:44 am

Nice! Anyone know when we can start our pre-order deposits...I got an iPad, iPhone, GRAW, and this to buy...gotta squeeze in all my toys around my soon to be born baby...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am

Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Slate Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am

Atrums on it, man the wait has officially started for me! Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_rr
Oh and the vidoc made me cry a little bit, I want to play it!
Slate
Slate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Slate Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Last edited by Slate on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slate
Slate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 pm

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm so ready!

Most importantly, this even has Smack hyped enough to read articles and post about it. This game will be so big it'll bring back the "non-believers" LOL

Thought you didn't like Halo? Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_rolleyes
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:16 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I'm so ready!

Most importantly, this even has Smack hyped enough to read articles and post about it. This game will be so big it'll bring back the "non-believers" LOL

Thought you didn't like Halo? Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_rolleyes
Lol I never disliked it just got bored of it after a while since at practice attendance kept dropping everyweek, next thing you know we're playing the public while the supposed Elites had their own room going. I still have it and would play with any of you just shoot an invite and i'm there, although you might be thinking of Cass as he just doesn't like certain aspects of it like the regen shield or something you'd have to ask him though as I'm just guessing lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Just got my beta key woot! Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_bounce
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Wow the ODST disc doesn't unlock beta until May 3rd, but the servers are up and I'm playing right now. Just won my first match and racking up my credits Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_lol
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Yeah...saw you running it.
Catch you around 5/3 Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_cry
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 am

How did you get in already?
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:50 am

got an early invt to the beta yesterday from bungie.net this game is epic win
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:53 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:got an early invt to the beta yesterday from bungie.net this game is epic win

Well, since I play Halo every night...I'm sure I'll think so.

After watching Gametrailers.com and seeing all the real new videos of MP game play, I'm sure it's a blast.
I'll see you all on Monday evening.

The craziest thing I've seen? The needler rifle Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_evil I'm sure that will be used far too much by the noobs..LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Sat May 01, 2010 8:34 am

Needler Rifle - yes, I will wear my noobness proudly. ;-)
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sat May 01, 2010 5:11 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Sticky wrote:got an early invt to the beta yesterday from bungie.net this game is epic win

Well, since I play Halo every night...I'm sure I'll think so.

After watching Gametrailers.com and seeing all the real new videos of MP game play, I'm sure it's a blast.
I'll see you all on Monday evening.

The craziest thing I've seen? The needler rifle Halo: Reach Beta Hands-On Icon_evil I'm sure that will be used far too much by the noobs..LOL

After actually playing with the needler rifle, it's weaker than the Halo 3 BR and has recoil. So no, it is not a noob weapon, especially compared to the plasma grenade launcher.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon May 03, 2010 5:01 pm

The guys at Smash Pad have rattled off a few complaints. Tell me if any are valid?

http://blog.gamer20.com/2010/05/halo-reach-beta-impressions-xbox-360/

1. The highly touted DMR that replaces the Battle Rifle is less powerful than the pistol, and you spawn with a pistol.
This one is pretty self-explanatory. The DMR just isn’t accurate enough
or as lethal relative to the pistol, and the pistol has a faster rate
of fire. Across a map even, a pistol has a very good fighting chance
versus a DMR or its Covenant equivalent Needler Rifle.
2. Grenades are portable nuclear bombs.
The grenade explosions in Halo 1 were large, but then again there were
generally large open spaces to retreat run from them too, so it was
understandable. The Reach beta maps are mostly close-quarters, and
grenades have both a large area of effect and pack quite the punch.
Areas you thought were safe distances are actually kill-zones now.
3. No individual medal count or MVP
A small gripe for sure, but we liked seeing how many double-kills we
got at the end of each game. The MVP isn’t that big of an issue we
guess, it’s just that we’re using to seeing one player rewarded as
having played the match the best.
4. The new streamlined friends list could be more streamlined.
With the new friends list, it’s great that you can queue a join and see
party details, but what about sending a message? You still need the
guide button for that.
5. The new Focus Rifle is not that great.
The grenade launcher that has replaced the brute shot is extremely fun
to use, but the Focus Rifle that has replaced the Spartan Laser and
Covenant Beam Rifle actually doesn’t feel as powerful as it should be,
and takes an awfully long time to kill someone with.
6. Player and weapon spawns are unfair.
Powerhouse is a cool spiritual successor to High Ground, but Blue Team
really gets the short end of the stick here. They start on the beach
again, but are only really guaranteed to get a shotgun. The Red Team
has a clear-line of sight (and the high ground) to stop the Blues from
getting to the Gravity Hammer and with the Rocket Launcher so
accessible, a Spartan III suited with a jet pack can lay the hurt on
those Blues trying to get the Focus Rifle. We saw teams that would just
quit after game start because they were Blue Team.
7. Sword Base, a cool map idea, could use a touch up.
Sword Base emphasizes vertical gameplay, which leads to some awesome
mid-air fights. But maybe it emphasizes it so much so that you can’t
really access any of the upper levels on foot. If Bungie wants us to
use the jet pack on this level so much, then why even get the options
for armor lock, camouflage, or sprint?
8. You can “cancel” a lunging sword.
This may be a glitch, but at this time of writing if you punch a Plasma
Sword-wielding foe at the same time he lunges at you, it effectively
“nulls” the sword, giving you a window to beat him down. Great for you,
right? The Plasma Sword is a much-sought after power weapon intended
for melee purposes, so why be able to deflect it with a fist? You can’t
deflect Gravity Hammer swings.
9. The Shotgun and Plasma Cannon are cool.
This isn’t a gripe, we just needed a break. The Shotgun has more range
now, making it feel more “right” and almost nothing is cooler than
launching plasma grenades from on-high to rain death on your enemies.
10. The Camouflage Armor Ability is plain broken.
Camouflage is intended for infiltration and stealth, so it’s a bit
understandable that you lose the ability to hear anything when you use
it. But any guest split-screening with you also loses sound, which is
unfair (this is logged as a “bug” in the Bungie forums). Additionally,
the radar jamming secondary effect of the camo actually serves to give
you away. A perceptive player will notice that the camouflage’s “red
herring” enemies that are generated in his radar actually all lie
somewhere within a noticeable circle, with the camo-wielder at the
center. What’s the use of using camouflage to hide from enemies if it
actually serves to give you away?
11. The “popping” shields absorb your melee.
In Halo 3, any extra damage that a shield couldn’t handle was
transferred to the player’s health underneath. Not so in Reach. In
Halo: Reach a popping shield will absorb a melee blow. So, after you
sprinkle a player with some bullets and run up to melee them, prepare
for round two because they’ve still got full health under those
shields. You might as well just equip sprint in this case and rush
enemies, hoping to melee them twice before they can melee you.
12. The Assault Rifle shoots rubber bullets.
Bungie has said that we’ll like the AR much more in Reach. We aren’t
sure what AR they were using, but the one they gave us shoots little
Nerf darts that perhaps tickle the Spartan underneath. An AR versus a
pistol at close range almost always ends with the pistol-wielder
winning. This gives the AR the strange property of being useless in
every combat situation.
13. All Spartan III’s must certainly be white, because they definitely can’t jump.
We get it, Spartan III’s are not as powerful as Spartan II’s, but when
we can’t jump over a ledge that is waist high, we don’t really care
about canon anymore. Besides, Bungie is tossing canon into the wind
anyway in Reach, instead focusing on trying to make a fun game and
dismissing the new weapons place in lore with a wave of the hand.
14. Halo: Reach doesn’t feel like Halo, it feels like an elaborate Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 mod.
This is a general observation that takes into account all the above
issues plus other not so bad changes in gameplay. With the menagerie of
changes to Halo’s multiplayer so that it isn’t just a rehash of Halo 3,
Bungie may have bitten off more than they could chew, and have looked
towards the other most successful multiplayer of the day for ideas.
Whew. With that off our chest, we’d like a few closing statements.
We tried to avoid mentioning glitches, because those are issues
unrelated to how Bungie wants the game to play. Also, this is but a
sampling of the vitriol going on in the Bungie community. The Bungie
forums are currently exploding with rage, anger, fury, and yes, even
some healthy debate.
Also, most of these issues could be fixed with some adjustments to
weapon statistics, weapon spawns, and player spawns — “balancing”
issues if you will. We just hope Bungie takes all the heat they’re
receiving for the beta the right way and makes the proper adjustments.
Keep in mind that many people were upset with Halo 2 at first, then
came to love it, and the same can be said for Halo 3. Who knows what
the future holds for Halo: Reach? If the final game doesn’t reflect
some critical changes, many gamers may voice their opinions with their
wallets, which would be a sad day for one of the most popular
franchises of the last decade.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Slate Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 pm

Klown, sounds to me that this guy is bitching that it isnt Halo 3. In H1 the nades were strong, and this game is a mix of H1 and H2. The DMR is mad good he obviously is used to the 3 burst easy mode in H 2 and 3. People complain because they have "aim" now and it requires a little more skill. The pistol is good and once you get used to he bloom it isnt that bad, the same goes with the DMR. There are some things bungie can fix, but thats what the beta is for. I dig it its awesome and the aiming feels smooth to me and less clunky. If people payed Halo 1 they will feel right at home, if not then it will take some time to get used to for the H 3 new peeps.
Slate
Slate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 am

I only got to play for about an hour, but here's what I think so far, first off I forgot how slow u move in halo ,second it takes way too many bullets to kill any body with almost every weapon except the explosives ones, needler and pistol, but it seems like it always did IMO in the halo games. The few maps I played were awsome and the customization of the armor, matchmakeing,new game modes that I played were cool too. Does anyone know if the customized armor gonna have any perks or are they just for looks which is weak. And does anyone know if you get to change your loadout guns or how to do it. I think u can but don't know how . So far it's been pretty cool. I still don't really like having to run around to find a gun that worth a d@mn.

Last edited by DROOPYmcC00L on Tue May 04, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong word)
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm

DROOPYmcC00L wrote:I ,second it takes way too many bullets to kill any body with almost every weapon except the explosives ones, needler and pistol.

This sums up my feeling for Halo multiplayer in general. I like the look, feel, and maps but hate that I have to shoot someone with two clips of bullets to kill them.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm

I understand that too. I could see why it was so hard before, Master Chief was supposedly a super spartan. But now with H3 and Reach (noble squad) we're supposed to be getting back to "humans" that aren't as tall, not super strong, can't jump as high and should die with a shot or two like any other video game.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 04, 2010 4:34 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I understand that too. I could see why it was so hard before, Master Chief was supposedly a super spartan. But now with H3 and Reach (noble squad) we're supposed to be getting back to "humans" that aren't as tall, not super strong, can't jump as high and should die with a shot or two like any other video game.

no we are still playing a spartan none the less
reach for the noobs who have not read the books is the birth place of the Spartans
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down