Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Titan subclass would you recommend?

+2
S7 OC
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

What Titan subclass would you recommend? Empty What Titan subclass would you recommend?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:01 am

So I spent my 23 motes of light on the chest piece engram and got a sweet Titan chest armor piece and got me to thinking that maybe it's about time I just make a new character different from my other 2 Warlocks just for fun (Maybe, haven't decided totally yet).

Since I'm not familiar at all with the Titan class which subclass do you guys think is the best/most fun?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

What Titan subclass would you recommend? Empty Re: What Titan subclass would you recommend?

Post by S7 OC Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:40 am

I think the striker is the most fun but the defender is the best to help your team in a strike or raid.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

What Titan subclass would you recommend? Empty Re: What Titan subclass would you recommend?

Post by UWinWithWin Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Striker for pvp defender for pve. Defender has a lot more survivability in my personal experience. But, defender has limited burst damage.  

Basically, when rolling solo doing bounties and daily, you kill bad guys until your shield is low then you punch a little bad guy in the face and you get full shield + double shield. It works well for me steamrolling baddies.
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:52 am

Just started my third character and went with a Titan.  Got him up to lvl 9 and am 1/3 to lvl 10.  I'll probably switch over to Defender once I hit 15 since I'll use this character most likely only for raids and not PVP.  

It's gonna be a lot slower sledding on getting this one to 32, but I figure I can use my Warlocks to farm Vanguard and Crucible marks to buy some of the 33 light gear and their coins to buy the exotic pieces to be ready for when I start raiding with him.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Telcontar777 Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:04 pm

I maxed out a Striker Titan and its pretty versatile, the sprint shield is handy and the super is great for clearing out flags in control. That being said, I like my defender better for nightfalls and raids because the striker super generally puts you in the middle of harms way and unless you kill everyone (which is unlikely against high level foes) you're now sitting in the middle of a lot of baddies who want to kill you and are more than capable of doing so. Like UWin pointed out, the punch a little guy in the face for extra shield is awesome and if you couple it with the perk that generates orbs with any melee kills while your shield is up you can turn into a Vegas orb lottery machine in the right circumstances (thrall waves.)
To summarize:
PvP - Striker
PvE - Defender

Also, SockPuppet, I don't think you have to wait for level 15 to switch subclasses after you've leveled at least one character to 20. You can do it right from level 2 I think.
Telcontar777
Telcontar777
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : Telcontar777

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Telcontar777 wrote:Also, SockPuppet, I don't think you have to wait for level 15 to switch subclasses after you've leveled at least one character to 20. You can do it right from level 2 I think.
Correct.  Once one character hits 20, all other characters can actually start with the new sub-class.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Good to know, going to switch to defender next time I run him.  It will be mostly a raid/nightfall character so I think defender will be the best choice.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down