Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor)

4 posters

Go down

Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor) Empty Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor)

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 am

So I had a legendary pulse rifle that I know I'll never use, but instead of breaking it down right away I went ahead and maxed out it's experience, but didn't actually upgrade it at all.  Ended up getting 5 Ascendant Energies out of it instead of the usual 2-3.  

Since I had no other primary to level up I figured I'd give it a shot, and it worked.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor) Empty Re: Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor)

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:01 pm

I had hear about this but never bothered to try it, too impatient.  I also heard the trick does NOT work for armor.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor) Empty Re: Get more materials out of dismantling weapons (don't know about armor)

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:21 pm

That is enlightening.  I knew I had got more back from breaking one down that I had leveled and maxed, but I wasn't sure if it was the materials I had put in it or just the xp that caused it to return more when dismantled.  Thanks for clarifying.

I can confirm it doesn't work for armor - I broke down gloves I had leveled but not put any materials in (because I found a raid piece just at the right time) and got the same thing I normally would have.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 pm

but i have 54  energy    sooooo dont need more XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:24 pm

I have some more weapons I'd like to fully upgrade so I need as many as I can get.  My issue is with having WAY too many shards.  If I could trade those in for Energies I'd be happy.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down