Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot...

+3
DeadSockPuppet
S7 mrmiller
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot... Empty Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:16 am

Keep the level up rewards from leveling the vanguard and cryptarch at the postmaster and don't take them out until the next patch hits that will guarantee the rewards you get will be equal to or greater value than the engrams you get.  So instead of getting the level up rewards and them turning into crap maybe they'll actually be worth it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot... Empty Re: Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot...

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:59 am

Good idea. I will try and wait too!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot... Empty Re: Not sure if this will work or not, but I'm going to give it a shot...

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:53 am

It's worth a try. Technically, they're not in your inventory so the purples shouldn't turn to blues like they were joking about.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 am

either way purples are only matts XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 am

Not for us low level nubs. I still have blue primaries, secondaries, gloves and boots. Only higher items I have are exotic head, leg chest and leg heavy.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:58 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Not for us low level nubs.  I still have blue primaries, secondaries, gloves and boots.  Only higher items I have are exotic head, leg chest and leg heavy.

when u get the chance hit up the other ps4 people and do the raid that armor is were its at.... kind of made me mad  when i got an epic upgrade from out of there and i used all  my mat's  on  purple i got from like the vanguard dude
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Yeah, unfortunately I'll probably have use my mats to upgrade some purple armor so that I'll be high enough lvl to actually attempt the raids. Might be able to get to 27/28 without upgrading purples if I can upgrade my gloves and boots to purple and upgrade my exotic head. 15 more light will get me to 87 and lvl 27, 26 would get me to 28.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:48 pm

i would say  be at least a 28  i did ok as a 27 but the damage nerf is 30% till you hit 28
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:30 pm

The raid is lvl 26. You should not have been nerfed. A lot of the enemies are lvl 25 even. We had two 26's last night no problem.

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I seriously doubt the engrams are identified by in inventory or not. I'm sure it's just new item #s rolling out. No harm in trying though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:55 pm

AtrumX wrote:I seriously doubt the engrams are identified by in inventory or not. I'm sure it's just new item #s rolling out. No harm in trying though.

Yeah, totally not counting on it working, but worth a shot.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Exactly, they'll most likely make blues and greens now anyway, might as well try holding out to see if what Bungie says is true.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm not even going to the post master until the patch. I don't care if he has a green logo above him, I will wait and maybe it will work out.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:51 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:The raid is lvl 26. You should not have been nerfed. A lot of the enemies are lvl 25 even. We had two 26's last night no problem.
I sure don't remember 25's in the raid.  Most of what I fought was 28.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Yeah definitely mostly 28s... Maybe the PS4 version is easier due to the low skill level of the players?  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Well! the raid is rated lvl 26.  I know the first enemies are definitely lvl 25. I'll check again next time I play it. By 5 am, I wasn't paying as much attention.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Just checked a raid video real quick and the highest level I saw in it was 28 and 25 was lowest.

Enemies at the front gate are 26.  First round of boss fight everything is 25.  Precursor Gatelord area is 27 and the Supplicants on the final boss are 28.

So a team of 26's probably wouldn't have that hard of a time through the first 2 areas with proper loadouts, but after that it would be very hard.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:06 am

On a side note we beat the final boss easily with this strat:

3 lvl 28+ dealing with the supplicants

1 Hunter + 1 person good with shield + anyone else going through the gate.

The shield guy can 1 hit the 3 hobgoblins that spawn desert. The Hunter uses golden gun on the minotaur jungle side and then the relic guy can 1 hit him and the 2 hobgoblins easily.

From there it's just running backwards after you're through the gate and dealing damage.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:42 am

Sticky and I didn't have Golden Gun but we just alternated oracles while Seav wasted everything with the relic shield along with my Nova Bomb.  The actual boss fight isn't that hard really.  Just a matter of getting a TON of damage in when you can while that timer is going.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:40 pm

From what I've seen in posts from people is that this is actually working and you can get purple engrams from the unopened letters and get purple items or mats.  Every person that has received a purple engram got nothing blue.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 pm

Cool. I think I have two waiting at the postmaster. I'm anxious to give it a shot.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Definitely works if you get a purple out of it.  Got 2 Ascendant Energies out of one and a chest that I dismantled for a few more shards out of the 2nd one.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:49 am

I picked up the two purple gifts I was saving and netted zero purple engrams.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down