Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works...

+6
Atrum
UWinWithWin
S7 Interseptor
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 mrmiller
OneBadHuskerFan
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works... Empty Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Still shows as "Not Available" for me but I can't imagine them putting this out there w/out the intention of actually using it...

MS Store Destiny Digital Guardian Edition

EDIT:  Now available for pre-download!  cheers

Last edited by OneBadHuskerFan on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works... Empty Re: Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Looks like they've removed it from that page now, somebody must have goofed...but as proof I show you...

Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works... Lbg8H6i
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works... Empty Re: Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works...

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Someone must have leaked it early.

Microsoft confirms that the listing is accurate in a statement.
"We're thrilled to make Destiny available for pre-order and pre-download for Xbox One owners around the world. This option was available for a short period of time before the official pre-order window opened. We'll have more details to share soon about the pre-order and pre-download window for Destiny."

This guy started DL'ing it already before it was pulled:

Looks like a legit pre-loading of Destiny on Xbox One is in the works... Zaf1Jm1
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Original link is now live and the DGE for Xbox One can be ordered and downloaded.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Husker's screenshot shows release date 8/27...
what the......what?  Shocked
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Original link is now live and the DGE for Xbox One can be ordered and downloaded.
Oh snap!  I wonder what time we will be able to play?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Original link is now live and the DGE for Xbox One can be ordered and downloaded.
Oh snap!  I wonder what time we will be able to play?

Midnight PST.  3AM EST.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:06 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Husker's screenshot shows release date 8/27...

LOL, they had just screwed up and took it down when they realized things were wrong.  Somebody just pushed the release button a little too early.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:08 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Husker's screenshot shows release date 8/27...

LOL, they had just screwed up and took it down when they realized things were wrong.  Somebody just pushed the release button a little too early.

UWinWithWin wrote:Worker 1: "Hey Jonny, do you know what this big red button does" 

Worker 2: "No, but i think it's important"

Worker 1: "Well, lets see"

This quote works everywhere!!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:19 pm

By the way, my post about when we can play is based on when the game comes out for the Xbox One.  I have no idea how Sony is handling it.  Bungie has already said the game will be running and it won't be them that "hits the switch".  If you get the physical game early or at midnight it will be playable right away.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 pm

I originally heard 12am PST too.  Just wondering.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Those shiny red buttons are SOOOO tempting! 

Do you think the servers will be overrun when they launch the game?
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 pm

UWinWithWin wrote:Those shiny red buttons are SOOOO tempting! 

My guess?  Yes.  Just not sure how badly.  The Beta was pretty smooth but almost all games have problems for the first few days usually.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Awwwww yeah. Downloading now.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 pm

UWinWithWin wrote:Those shiny red buttons are SOOOO tempting! 

Purely based on the beta test my guess is that if anything the PS4 servers would have more issues, but with pre-loading being a thing I don't think there will be many issues at all really.  The download servers are different than the actual game servers.  Will there be some hiccups?  Probably, but I think the beta showed that they are ready.

Either way I won't be playing until the night of release anyways so most of the more hardcore issues will have worked themselves out by then.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Downloading the regular version and waiting to see if we have long-lasting support before I pull the trigger on the expansions
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Nice cancelled my amazon order and got this downloading and I went with the digital gaurdians edition. I was going to get this edition before but then they were all sold out so very pumped.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:Downloading the regular version and waiting to see if we have long-lasting support before I pull the trigger on the expansions

Not sure what you mean "long lasting support".  The two expansions will be out in the next 6 months.  The first one will be out in December.

Also a reported 10 year deal with Activision for $500 million to continue support.  Bungie has said they have no plans to move on to anything else other than keeping the work up on Destiny.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:43 pm

He was referring to support within the clan I think.  i.e. Will people be playing it in six months?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:He was referring to support within the clan I think.  i.e. Will people be playing it in six months?

Ah, gotcha.  Yeah, the interest in Destiny is sky high right now but once CoD comes out there will probably only be a few left.  I've worried about that too, but can't do much about it.  CoD seems to be the glue that holds a lot of people together here, and that's fine, but for people like me it causes me to not get much playing time with clan guys since I've pretty much stopped all CoD stuff.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:08 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:He was referring to support within the clan I think.  i.e. Will people be playing it in six months?

Ah, gotcha.  Yeah, the interest in Destiny is sky high right now but once CoD comes out there will probably only be a few left.  I've worried about that too, but can't do much about it.  CoD seems to be the glue that holds a lot of people together here, and that's fine, but for people like me it causes me to not get much playing time with clan guys since I've pretty much stopped all CoD stuff.
That changes. It used to be Halo that was the 'glue' of the clan. Then CoD4 came out and was so good it set CoD as the new standard for the clan. If Destiny ends up being good enough, CoD will still get support (just like halo did) but the mainstay can change.

That being said, it will be interesting to see how the game plays out and if we get that group of guys playing every night.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens, if the mulitplayer vs is good then it will be a good success but if goes WOW it will not be as popular after the first  three months especially if the dlc has long gaps.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm pretty sure this will be THE game for PS4, like BF4 seemed to be for a long while, so I'm not so concerned with how long it will be popular on PS4.  My concern is that money is tight and with me getting transferred to a farther away store 3 mo ago, I'm spending more on gas and it's cutting into my disposable income (ie game buying money).  I should probably be able to float $60 in time for the release but I dunno about the $90(?) for a special ed.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Ya I should have been more specific, my opinion was for the xb1. I think destiny might be over hyped imo. If the online multiplayer vs is not great on the xb1 then you can only run raids for so long before it gets stale. If you have a limited amount of time to game and you want to kick it with some homies then your probably gonna play what they are. Main reason peeps played bf4/cod ghost for sooooo long was because there wasn't sh1t  else to play.

I don't see myself playing destiny for longer then 3 months, unless the multiplayer is really badass and if they roll out the dlc fast. Which what I have seen looks like this will be case, but I'm not sold yet since I havent played the game yet. But that all said I'm also not one of those guys that plays through a game more than once or go on repeat raids for more stuff or buy daiblo  3 times.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Question for those pre-loaded on X1.  How are you locked out of the content?  What happens when you try to access the game?  I am curious on how the content is locked off.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next