Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What headphones or headset are you using?

+3
Atrum
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
7 posters

Go down

What headphones or headset are you using? Empty What headphones or headset are you using?

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:46 pm

So what headphones is everyone using, and how does it work for you?

I bought the Turtle Beach XO Fours, and they are working fine. They have decent sound, and the chat seems to be good. I have also modified my old chat headset to use my older Xbox 360 X41's, and I think they worked better. They are better headphones for sound, and I like the active feedback on the mic. I also have a pair of cheap earbuds with an inline mic that works well too.

I tried some of my other headphones and the volume was really low. My Klipsch didn't really work at all (some sound was cut) and I think it was due to the inline mic and controls for an iPhone.

What do you have that works and doesn't work?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

What headphones or headset are you using? Empty Re: What headphones or headset are you using?

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:50 pm

I am using the Adapter and turtle beach X41 as well  the sounds is alot better  but the adapter is fail as yes it has button to  change game volume and chat   but   playing with one also plays with the other  so   you want to lower game  well your also lowering chat which is fail! (i know they said there should be a patch coming to fix alot of issues with the adapter)

i also tried my Tritton AP pro +    which were only used mybe a week on 360  but do not work with the adapter on xb1 as the mic becomes like a load speaker
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

What headphones or headset are you using? Empty Re: What headphones or headset are you using?

Post by Atrum Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:27 pm

I haven't picked up a new headset for the XBO yet. Doubt I will until they come out with some that were specifically designed for the XBO and don't need an adapter.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:59 pm

TB XP500 with a homemade soldered hardwire hacked from the original XB1 headset controller plugin and a wire from a $10 xbox360 headset.  Works perfectly.  I can tell when enemies are behind, above, and below me in addition to left and right.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:34 pm

I use my XP500s with the $7 adapter cable for the PS4.  Sound and everything is great, cable is a good length, and I can still use the game sound volume controls on the headset to increase/decrease volume.  My only issue is that you have to go into the audio menus from the PS4 dashboard and adjust the chat volume in the device settings.  Not a big gripe since I don't usually have to change the chat volume that often.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Any updates on what you guys are using as I will be looking to get a pair of headphones in the near future. No modding my 360 ones as they have been broken for a while. Droopy how are the Polk ones you bought?  I was also maybe going to look it an astro set to use thorough the adapter.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:00 pm

The polks are good now that I have the boom mic. The polks sound crazy good when listening to music. I'll break it down with a 1 to 10 rating.  I do believe the xb1 adapter is fail and hope the next controller update improves the adapter.  OC I would just use your steelseires and the adapter and no amp.
Braje down of the polks
Quality of construction 8
There is a place of concern were the muffs connect to the head band,but it is steel I think.
Comfort 7
They feel great,better then the turtles
They do get warm,ears be hot after 3 hrs of gaming
Sound 10 on music 8 on game
Sound is crisp,clear, and bass is well balanced.  The sound stage is open and better then the xos.  The game sound is slightly lower then I would like,but I think thars part of rhe xb1 problems. Because they get hella loud on the iphone. Game sounds good just low. Footsteps are loud enough. Overall 8.5 and woukd only recommend these if you were gonna use them on your pc or phone also, because if you just bought them for gaming only, then I think you would be a little let down,like I am, but at this time I think just about any headset getting all its sound from the controller is gonna be a little weak.

If you have a good stereo headset that has a removable input cord then you can buy a boom mic attached to a 3.5mm dual male plug cord and the  controller adapter and be ready ro go.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:38 pm

V-MODA BoomPro Gaming, VoIP Headset Headphone with Mic, at amazon $30 
The above boom mic I was talking about
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down