Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage?

3 posters

Go down

Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage? Empty Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage?

Post by S7 Zero Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Yes this is a real thing. For those who haven't heard check this out: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162581-foc-us-the-first-commercial-tdcs-headset-that-lets-you-safely-overclock-your-brain
I won't be getting one, and if I do it won't be for gaming most likely. But I am curious as to what you guys think about the posed morality question in the article. Is this considered cheating? Is it an unfair advantage to have a device that overclocks your mental capabilities? If so, then is it considered an unfair advantage to be born more mentally capable than others? Is it then unfair for someone with a handicap to try and use one of these? Or is fair in this sense a sort of measurement of our latent abilities rather than One's performance? Are we then only competing with others to see who is naturally superior to others? Food for thought.

And I don't see there being a right or wrong way to answer this question. I'd just like to hear an honest discussion on it.
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Sony: DKMU_OmniZero

Back to top Go down

Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage? Empty Re: Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage?

Post by Atrum Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Cool idea. I'd have to see mountains of evidence to believe that it had any actual/noticeable effect on learning/reaction times.

As for that being unfair, no. Let's say that it actual does what it is supposed to do. If the effect is so extreme that it would make your reactions, thought-process, etc so much better than everyones that it would be deemed unfair, everyone would get one.
It's not and it won't. I mean, that's like saying it's unfair for someone to wear those idiotic metal wristbands that 'improve strength and balance'.

On a side note, I always consider it unfair when anyone has to play against me. But dems the breaks.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage? Empty Re: Overclock your brain for gaming? Is it cheating, or just an advantage?

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm

The whole thing reads like an ad for a scam device IMHO.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down