Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse

+7
S7 Vision67
Atrum
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Sticky
S7 Epic
Xpert2010
S7 mrmiller
11 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Go down

Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse Empty Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 pm

I’m so far removed form PC gaming it’s not funny. I used to have some good stuff, like the Strategic Commander, Sidewinder 3D pad, and some cool flight sticks. One thing I never had that was exceptional was a gaming mouse. I was wondering what kind of mouse you all use? I was thinking about getting this one-

Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse 81akNte68nL._AA1500_
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Programmable-Controls-910-002358/dp/B005EWB3AU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2Z6A1NXW0Z2D8&colid=1LY10EL7AZK3M

It’s rather cheap and seems like it would fit for Diablo 3. From what I could tell in the Beta, you are going to basically have 6 “battle keys”. The right and left mouse action buttons, and the 1-4 number keys for the 4 selectable skills. This mouse would seem to fit that bill fairly well. I would really rather have a wireless mouse, but if I have to do wired I don't want to spend a fortune unless it is really worth it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse Empty Re: Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse

Post by Xpert2010 Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Do you think you may be trying a little too hard to get yourself ready for Diablo 3? lol

Anyway, that looks like a nice mouse if you're looking for a cheap gaming mouse. I usually hear that if you want a gaming mouse, then you should go wired... although I really have no problem with wireless as the only problems I've ever really seen is that you have to change batteries every 2-4 months or if you don't have a good signal between the mouse and the usb device.

One mouse that I have wanted to get was the Logitech G500, but it is a bit pricey, so I have been passing up on it for awhile now.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue May 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Razer or SteelSeries. Logitech used to be able to compete but IMO it's just not the case anymore.

I hear good things about the SteelSeries Kana if you don't want to go too high on cost.

Otherwise, I love my Razer Imperator to pieces. The DeathAdder is also very popular too. The SteelSeries Sensei is also an excellent mouse.

I believe that there are Wireless versions of both Razer mice I mentioned.

I wouldn't bother about the extra buttons, they'll hold you back combat wise. It'd be like trying to drive with one hand, sure, you can do it...but not as well as you could. Mouse plus 1234/qwer/etc. is a great control setup.

Get yourself a decent mousemat too, it can make a world of difference. I use a Razer Sphex, which is fairly cheap. It's thin, medium/hard and will stick (some kind of static coating) to pretty much surface.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 pm

S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue May 08, 2012 4:29 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Razer or SteelSeries. Logitech used to be able to compete but IMO it's just not the case anymore.

I hear good things about the SteelSeries Kana if you don't want to go too high on cost.

Otherwise, I love my Razer Imperator to pieces. The DeathAdder is also very popular too. The SteelSeries Sensei is also an excellent mouse.

I believe that there are Wireless versions of both Razer mice I mentioned.

I wouldn't bother about the extra buttons, they'll hold you back combat wise. It'd be like trying to drive with one hand, sure, you can do it...but not as well as you could. Mouse plus 1234/qwer/etc. is a great control setup.

Get yourself a decent mousemat too, it can make a world of difference. I use a Razer Sphex, which is fairly cheap. It's thin, medium/hard and will stick (some kind of static coating) to pretty much surface.

You make Logitech sound like it's a horrible choice, but I don't think that Logitech is that bad of a brand. I will have to agree with you on the extra buttons bit. I honestly haven't used a mouse that had a bunch of buttons on it as I have always had the three button mouse, but I'd imagine that all of those buttons would just get in the way in the case of using it for diablo...
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue May 08, 2012 4:34 pm

They're not bad. They're just not that special anymore and for the sake of maybe $15-20 more, you can have a mouse that is a pleasure to use. As long as you're using that mouse for a while, the price becomes meaningless.

The way I see it is that if you're going to buy something that you use a lot, get something that is quality, will last, and most importantly, you will enjoy using. I'm pretty sure Miller already has 'a mouse'. So what we're looking at here is the performance differential.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 08, 2012 5:43 pm

The Logitech one is only $30, all the others are going to be twice that easily. If I thought I would be playing tons of games other than D3, I would probably be more willing to invest more.

I did think about the extra buttons, and decided I didn't need anything like the Razer Naga, but as there were six "buttons" to place your mouse over and click for an action, it seemed to fit well. I wouldn't want to be looking for the map, potions, or any skill like that, just the main attack type stuff.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

macro!!!!!
lol

the naga's are freakin\' sick i had one a few years back

but really mouse's come down to what works and feels good to you sir
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm with Epic, look at what Razer has to offer. I've had a couple of theirs and I really liked them.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue May 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Razer or...

R.A.T 5,7, or 9
Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse Cyborg-rat-9-1ywt-460
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Atrum, what the F# is that!?

Epic is right, if you're just going to be gaming Diablo don't go crazy with buttons. I game with a Razer Naga. I used to have a copperhead before and it was great for FPS.

But while Diablo is an MMO, it is streamlined and you only have a handful of buttons to push.

The Naga is an MMO Gaming mouse, but it's geared toward keybind intensive games. For example, when I used to raid I have a total number of possible keybinds (including modifier buttons like shift and control) upwards of maybe 40 different ones. Of course the Naga was sweet as hell because I needed the keybinds, but for Diablo this is simply not the case.

Go with something smooth, comfortable, and simple. Go with Epic's Suggestion or a similar ~5 button mouse.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 am

The Cyborg RATs? They're great. Extremely customizable, weighted (adjustable weights). Check it out. I still use a razer.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 09, 2012 1:27 am

Well, I played a lot of D2 tonight, and the regular 2 button (3 with wheel) mouse worked just fine. It's really the comfort of using the keyboard while sitting on the couch that is a killer. I'm probably going to wait until after the game comes out to see how I play before making any big adjustments or purchases. I just hate to spend a lot of $$$ for one game set-up, even if it is D3. I do like that steelseries D3 mouse though!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Skandelous Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 am

Naga, hands down Very Happy
S7 Skandelous
S7 Skandelous
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Skandelous1

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 09, 2012 9:09 am

Skandelous wrote:Naga, hands down Very Happy

That's a lot of buttons and over $100!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed May 09, 2012 10:03 am

What kind of mouse do you have right now miller?
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 am

Just a plain MS Wireless Bluetrac mouse. That's why I thought I might go for something a bit better with more bells and whistles.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Skandelous Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:
Skandelous wrote:Naga, hands down Very Happy

That's a lot of buttons and over $100!

~mrmiller

For the wireless version yes, and the buttons make things so much smoother ( from the billions of hours i spent on the d3 beta ).....just think of it this way, you'll only have to use your mouse and a headset Very Happy
S7 Skandelous
S7 Skandelous
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Skandelous1

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed May 09, 2012 6:58 pm

AtrumX wrote:The Cyborg RATs? They're great. Extremely customizable, weighted (adjustable weights). Check it out. I still use a razer.

I think they feel cheap and flimsy. Even after adding more weight, it just felt like a heavier piece of crap. Performs fairly well but...meh, not for me. It's definitely a mouse you need to get your hands on and try before ordering.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 24, 2012 12:45 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I’m so far removed form PC gaming it’s not funny. I used to have some good stuff, like the Strategic Commander, Sidewinder 3D pad, and some cool flight sticks. One thing I never had that was exceptional was a gaming mouse. I was wondering what kind of mouse you all use? I was thinking about getting this one-

Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse 81akNte68nL._AA1500_
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Programmable-Controls-910-002358/dp/B005EWB3AU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2Z6A1NXW0Z2D8&colid=1LY10EL7AZK3M

It’s rather cheap and seems like it would fit for Diablo 3. From what I could tell in the Beta, you are going to basically have 6 “battle keys”. The right and left mouse action buttons, and the 1-4 number keys for the 4 selectable skills. This mouse would seem to fit that bill fairly well. I would really rather have a wireless mouse, but if I have to do wired I don't want to spend a fortune unless it is really worth it.

~mrmiller

I went ahead and picked this mouse up for 30 bucks, and it has been great. The four buttons work perfectly for the skills. I maped the scroll wheel button for the health potion, and the other button (G9) in the middle for the items button (the lower middle button- G8 is to switch profiles on the mouse). I think it was well worth the $30, as I really only need to keep my hand on the "shift" key of the keyboard.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by flappybirdcheats Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:24 am

The gaming mouse is an innovation to the world of computer gaming. Rather than be burdened with a standard computer mouse with 2 buttons, the gaming mouse brings more to the table then the standard mouse can handle.

flappybirdcheats

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome to the forums if you would like to enroll in the clan go to "Join Us / Challenge Us" then in the top click "How to join S7" If you need anything else feel free to ask.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:58 am

AtrumX wrote:Razer or...

R.A.T 5,7, or 9
Gaming Peripherals- Gaming Mouse Cyborg-rat-9-1ywt-460
I have this.  Its freakin' awesome for more than just D3.  And its adjustable to becomfortable to anyone.  I've had mine for almost 2 years now with no issues.  I hope its still around when mine dies so I can chive on.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down