Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played)

+2
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Wiggles1778
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played) Empty Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played)

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Ok... i've only played the open race....

AMAZING

Last edited by S7 Wiggles1778 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played) Empty Re: Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played)

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 pm

ok... pick a car... "here are some designs you might like..."  REDIC
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played) Empty Re: Thoughts? (SPOILERS maybe... at least if you haven't played)

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm

S7 Wiggles1778 wrote:ok... pick a car... "here are some designs you might like..."  REDIC
I'm not a big fan of that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Some of these Driva-tards are dirty bitches
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Haha, that's no lie!  Sorry in advance to whoever gets taken out by mine, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 pm

No joke Husker, I was actually going to b1tch about you and Apex... both fast, both dirty.... haha
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:25 pm

I am intentionally driving obscenely mean against the other drivers right now, while still maintaining the fastest times possible.

Goal: Make the most evil drivatar ever! Muahahaha

PS: I don't mind the selected designs. I just hit Y to bring up the color list and choose a color. Not sure why that would be something you'd dislike.

Also, tuning. So great. Benchmarks are built in now. (Wiggles that's a tuning thing, don't worry about it. Leaderboard tunes should be up soon Wink )
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:15 pm

AtrumX wrote: (Wiggles that's a tuning thing, don't worry about it. Leaderboard tunes should be up soon Wink )
Hope so lololololol
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:46 am

Absolutely amazing. That's all I can say right now. Just thoroughly impressed with the tech. More later...

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:03 am

Was able to get some play time in on this.  Game looks amazing.  Wiggles' drivatar was being an a$$hole when I first started, so I made it my mission to take him out early.  Some drivatars are pretty aggressive though as it seems like they want to take the inside of a turn much faster than what they should be, so I end up being spun out at times at the beginning of races.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Was able to get some play time in on this.  Game looks amazing.  Wiggles' drivatar was being an a$$hole when I first started, so I made it my mission to take him out early.  Some drivatars are pretty aggressive though as it seems like they want to take the inside of a turn much faster than what they should be, so I end up being spun out at times at the beginning of races.
Epics drivatar is extremely annoying. I race on the hardest difficulty, and his drivatar ALWAYS literally pits me if I pass him in a straight. Like, straight up swerves sideways into my card. Somehow the game always puts him in a super heavy muscle car too.

That makes sense though. In singleplayer I pass most the AI on the inside of the turn and bounce off their cars. Not something I'd do in MP, but it works. Gotta get those golds.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:36 am

The opening race is fun and lame at the same time.  Gorgeous yes, but its setup for the ultra new.  All assists are on for the 1 lap opener.  For some of us its just a nuisance, to others its insulting but still you can't beat the framerate or the echo of the exhaust note in the narrows.

Picked my first car from the short list of freebees. Rediculous red Honda S2000.  The stock tune is sucky and very tail happy.  I'd recommend taking it straight to the garage and stripping it of all Turn 10's "tune".  A buddy snagged a Toyota GT86 and noticed the same sloppy handling.  He stripped his (reset default tune) and things got better for him as well.

I've played through a handful of championships on the expert setting.  This made for a pretty challenging race depending on the drivatars that were selected for the race.  e-Wiggles does remind me of how the real Wiggles drives.  Fast, clean overtake in the straights, but will do anything from gently nudge to dream crushing in the corners.  e-Husker...just d@mn.  I tried a few races on 'unbeatable'.  They required better than perfect laps from me and a controller. So in turn I was only able to muster a small percentage of wins.  I'd be willing to bet that's where e-Apex was born.

If you feel for the haptic feedback in the triggers you can almost feel when traction is lost on the right trigger on acceleration and on the left trigger under heavy breaking. There's that awesome little sweet spot just past "bzzz" that lets you outbreak 90% of the online racers.

And online is where I've spent most of my last 30 levels.  Public C class.  Maybe, maybe there's 2% of actualy duchebag wrecking balls.  The rest of the crashes have come from inexperience of other drivers.  The races are generally 3~5 laps depending on how big the track is, which is more than enough time for any S7 member to smoke the pack.  Whenever you make it to the front, its either smooth sailing or a nail biting fight with another lone driver.

Most peeps leave their Kinect on and just don't say anything.  Those that use their mics are down for a good time for the most part.  Its fun when the mics go quiet and everyone puts their game faces on.

Races are still fun with 4 people, better with 6~8, dangerous between 9~12 and can get so effing stupid with a full field if you don't know how to dance around wrecks.

Eyecandy is eyecandy, the cars are gorgeous.  They look good sitting clean and still, they look good at 160, and they look good at a dead stop with their tires blown and doors crushed.

I can't wait for the first S7 green flag to drop.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:50 am

AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:Was able to get some play time in on this.  Game looks amazing.  Wiggles' drivatar was being an a$$hole when I first started, so I made it my mission to take him out early.  Some drivatars are pretty aggressive though as it seems like they want to take the inside of a turn much faster than what they should be, so I end up being spun out at times at the beginning of races.
Epics drivatar is extremely annoying. I race on the hardest difficulty, and his drivatar ALWAYS literally pits me if I pass him in a straight. Like, straight up swerves sideways into my card. Somehow the game always puts him in a super heavy muscle car too.

That makes sense though. In singleplayer I pass most the AI on the inside of the turn and bounce off their cars. Not something I'd do in MP, but it works. Gotta get those golds.
I typically try to race like I would in multiplayer.  However, sometimes the drivatars get on my nerves and I end up bouncing off their cars on the inside so I could get ahead, but I'm not extremely aggressive about it.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:50 am

I felt the same way about the intro race. Huskers drivatar is definitely quick around the track. I've noticed that (for me) it seems like I either get into the top 5 and have a fairly easy time winning, or I get swiped/stuck behind a pack and it's a battle to try to get top 3 in 2-3 laps.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am

Xpert2010 wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

I typically try to race like I would in multiplayer.  However, sometimes the drivatars get on my nerves and I end up bouncing off their cars on the inside so I could get ahead, but I'm not extremely aggressive about it.
This is pretty much how I am until I need to do whatever it takes to get to at least the top 3 for the gold.  Racing with drivatars set on "Unbeatable" means you better get up there quick or the top guys will take off.  I finished up the GT and V8 Supercar series' last night but had to go back and re-race a few of them that I got silver medals on because I just couldn't catch up to get a podium after early incidents on track.  There is basically zero room for mistakes at that level and I can get frustrated, but I love the challenge.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down