Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.

+8
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Epic
Evol Recovery
Atrum
S7 OC
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.   Empty GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.

Post by S7 OC Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:40 am

Ok I noticed quite a few people posting their thoughts in the GTA online thread. So don't post that stuff there post it here now.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.   Empty Re: GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.

Post by Atrum Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44 am

I really like the dynamic character switching. Swapping between different characters (and dogs) is pretty awesome.

Driving is fun, I really like the bicycles. been hitting up the concrete park near the beach quite a bit.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.   Empty Re: GTA 5 thoughts/ helpful info. NO spoilers.

Post by Evol Recovery Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:26 pm

It feels like a true sandbox. I spent hours watching movies, smoking weed, banging strippers and just driving last night. Did 1 mission and I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. That is my favorite part.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Evol Recovery wrote:It feels like a true sandbox. I spent hours watching movies, smoking weed, banging strippers and just driving last night. Then I started playing GTA and thought it was pretty good.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
Evol Recovery wrote:It feels like a true sandbox. I spent hours watching movies, smoking weed, banging strippers and just driving last night. Then I started playing GTA and thought it was pretty good.
My thoughts exactly.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/09/18/gta-5-sells-800-million-in-one-day/

interesting.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 pm

d@mn Amazon's "2 day shipping", still waiting on my copy.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am

Got mine yesterday from game fly really liking it so far. Really cool to switch between characters and play the same game same world but different stories/events that all tie in some way or another. 
Love the ability to just roam and do whatever and then do missions when ever you want. Driving is great except for the first mission with Franklin in those fast cars they were very twitchy and not to forgiving. Then driving frankilins car and other cars were smooth. 
Great game can't wait to unlock The third character Trevor as he looks hilarious from the videos.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:27 am

S7 OC wrote:Got mine yesterday from game fly really liking it so far. Really cool to switch between characters and play the same game same world but different stories/events that all tie in some way or another. 
Love the ability to just roam and do whatever and then do missions when ever you want. Driving is great except for the first mission with Franklin in those fast cars they were very twitchy and not to forgiving. Then driving frankilins car and other cars were smooth. 
Great game can't wait to unlock The third character Trevor as he looks hilarious from the videos.
He's... interesting to play. He feels like he should be a side character from Breaking Bad lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 am

So I now have all characters unlocked and switchable. I am really enjoying the different characters and their abilities and characteristics. Great story lines and game play. Really can't wait till Oct 1st GTA online will be so OP.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 am

Agreed.  GTAO is gonna be OP.  But so far I am really enjoying the story.  I have been playing a good chunk over the last few day and really love this game.  I love the characters, story, gameplay... everything really.  The driving threw me off a little at first but I am getting used to it now.  I still like driving better in GTA4 but everything else is so much better in this game.

Wasn't sure about the switching characters thing from previews of the game but now that I am actually playing it, I love it.  And I really like the way the story connect all the characters.

And of course, heists are OP!

More later.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 am

It's pretty cool so far but I've just gotten to the point of opening up Trevor's stuff, so I'm not that far into it.  Having a hard time taking time away from Diablo 3, lol.

So far I think the only thing that REALLY gets to me is the car handling.  I don't expect Forza 5 type physics, but these things are so twitchy it's hard to keep them straight.  Maybe I just need to improve my driving skill more as I'm sure that makes a difference.

Overall good so far, just need some more time with it.  And yeah, I can see GTAO being pretty d@mn fun.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am

Cars were weird at first. Once you adjust to the style they're actually very fun. You just have to avoid thinking logically about how a car should handle.

Also, go do the ATV races they have around where you start as Trevor. Once you do a couple of those you'll go back to cars and be amazed at how easy they are to handle by comparison. ATV twitch OP.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 pm

I like the game but i wish the "camera view" while driving was higher above the car than now. I can't see whats coming up till its already almost there. and hills. hills cause wrecks haha. But yall might be used to it, this is the first time i've played since renting the first and second one back in the day. Cool story, finally getting lots of money to do fun stuff and buy things.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm

The camera view has been that way forever in this series.  If you scroll through the camera view options, one of them is slightly further way.  But not really enough to matter lol.  Driving required a good amount of dexterity to do proficiently.  Basically, you have to drive with both thumb sticks.  One steering and the other deftly moving the camera to a higher angle.  And use your middle finger for gas so your index finger is ready to use the e-brake (RB) at any moment. 

*Same is true for flying.  Use your middle fingers for throttle and index fingers for the rudders (LB & RB).  It's a little weird at first but really good control once you get used to it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:47 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:The camera view has been that way forever in this series.  If you scroll through the camera view options, one of them is slightly further way.  But not really enough to matter lol.  Driving required a good amount of dexterity to do proficiently.  Basically, you have to drive with both thumb sticks.  One steering and the other deftly moving the camera to a higher angle.  And use your middle finger for gas so your index finger is ready to use the e-brake (RB) at any moment. 

*Same is true for flying.  Use your middle fingers for throttle and index fingers for the rudders (LB & RB).  It's a little weird at first but really good control once you get used to it.
Exactly! but i sometimes find myself focusing on getting a good angle i run into a car or something lol i've given up trying to do both and just look ahead as best i can.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 pm

S7 COOP wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:The camera view has been that way forever in this series.  If you scroll through the camera view options, one of them is slightly further way.  But not really enough to matter lol.  Driving required a good amount of dexterity to do proficiently.  Basically, you have to drive with both thumb sticks.  One steering and the other deftly moving the camera to a higher angle.  And use your middle finger for gas so your index finger is ready to use the e-brake (RB) at any moment. 

Exactly! but i sometimes find myself focusing on getting a good angle i run into a car or something lol i've given up trying to do both and just look ahead as best i can.
Hence the statement...  "Driving required a good amount of dexterity to do proficiently." lol.  It's definately not easy but with practice, you will get better.  Unfortunately, some accidents are unavoidable.  As Kenny said yesterday, "I swear the AI's only job is to turn into me!"
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Liking the game a lot but I can't stand what they did to flying vehicles. The random rolling in helis and planes is stupid and does nothing for the game play. From what I have read a lot people feel the same way. I hope they remove it in a patch or something.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:22 pm

You can change the camera angle for driving.
Go into the options menu, it lets you cycle through pretty much the same views forza has. Bumper, Behind near, Behind Far, etc.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:30 pm

AtrumX wrote:You can change the camera angle for driving.
Go into the options menu, it lets you cycle through pretty much the same views forza has. Bumper, Behind near, Behind Far, etc.
Is it different from the cameras you cycle through in-game?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Nope, that's what I was thinking of. They're not amazing, but better than default.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:52 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote: "I swear the AI's only job is to turn into me!"
Especially when i'm on a motorcycle and going in a narrow spot! lol
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:53 pm

How far is everyone percentage wise? I just got to 32% last night. Just wondering how far behind i am lol
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:28 pm

S7 COOP wrote:How far is everyone percentage wise? I just got to 32% last night. Just wondering how far behind i am lol
I can't recall exactly but I think I'm just over 20%'ish.  I'm in no hurry.  Usually I'll do some storyline stuff and then wander around aimlessly for quite a while.  God a nice little private dance from a pair of hotties down at the strip club, then went to the movies and watched some funny ass "Loneliest Robot" movie.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:31 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 COOP wrote:How far is everyone percentage wise? I just got to 32% last night. Just wondering how far behind i am lol
I can't recall exactly but I think I'm just over 20%'ish.  I'm in no hurry.  Usually I'll do some storyline stuff and then wander around aimlessly for quite a while.  God a nice little private dance from a pair of hotties down at the strip club, then went to the movies and watched some funny ass "Loneliest Robot" movie.
I approve of this message.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:08 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:Liking the game a lot but I can't stand what they did to flying vehicles. The random rolling in helis and planes is stupid and does nothing for the game play. From what I have read a lot people feel the same way. I hope they remove it in a patch or something.
+1

RIP in pieces Helicopter Sad
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next