Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4's hardware already having problems?

+2
S7 DROOPY
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

PS4's hardware already having problems? Empty PS4's hardware already having problems?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 am

I've been keeping track of reviews, launches, etc...and one thing that seems to be happening right now is that PS4's seem to be failing at a higher than expected rate.  IGN had one brick on them when trying to download something and Kotaku's first review console was DOA.  Add that to some on Reddit, Neogaf, etc...and there may be an issue brewing here.  Usually when it's enough of a problem to get the higher ups to already start tweeting about it it isn't good.  

NeoGaf post on the issues

PS4's hardware already having problems? Pre4zcs

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

PS4's hardware already having problems? Empty Re: PS4's hardware already having problems?

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am

All the more reason not to get a day one editon, I've learned my leason. I perdict XB1 will have similar problems. Good luck everybody on their new consoles, I hope you don't get a lemon
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

PS4's hardware already having problems? Empty Re: PS4's hardware already having problems?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:45 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:All the more reason not to get a day one editon, I've learned my leason. I perdict XB1 will have similar problems. Good luck everybody on their new consoles, I hope you don't get a lemon
Oh, no doubt.  I hope this is just a case of the internet overreacting, but it sticks out to me because of Kotaku and IGN both getting bad consoles.  There will be failures on both sides.  I hope neither have to deal with major issues like the RRoD.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:All the more reason not to get a day one editon, I've learned my leason. I perdict XB1 will have similar problems. Good luck everybody on their new consoles, I hope you don't get a lemon
That's an interesting conjecture. I have no worries about my day 1 console. Also not the type to be scared of flu shots. Possible correlation?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:16 pm

I sure hope mine is OK.  But failures are going to happen. It's just part of early adoption.  Here's hoping that we all get good ones.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm worried about it too, as I my original day one 360 is still going. I can't get that lucky again!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:23 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I'm worried about it too, as I my original day one 360 is still going. I can't get that lucky again!

~mrmiller
LOL!  No doubt.  I have been through 5 or 6 360's and while my PS3 is still going strong, it was a referb when I bought it so someone had a problem with it.  You used up way too much luck there Miller.  I hope you have been kind to others because Karma is coming for you. lol
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm more worried about Best Buy telling me that they have no systems left in stock when I go to pick up my reserved system. xD
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I'm more worried about Best Buy telling me that they have no systems left in stock when I go to pick up my reserved system. xD
Ahh, now that's valid. Especially if your store isn't stocking additional launch day stock. I could see those employees selling a reserved system.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Nope not scared of flu shots, and if you get them it kinda means your scared of the flu. I choose not to get them for personal beliefs but thats another topic. I just just don't see a reason to get an xb1 now, the launch games fot it don't interest me at all and why buy a more "risker" xb1 for it to just to sit there until titian fall or destiny drops
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:41 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Nope not scared of flu shots, and if you get them it kinda means your scared of the flu. I choose not to get them for personal beliefs but thats another topic. I just just don't see a reason to get an xb1 now, the launch games fot it don't interest me at all and why buy a more "risker" xb1 for it to just to sit there until titian fall or destiny drops
You know you make an excellent point.  Both consoles have weak launches all in all.  Yes, there is stuff I am looking forward to playing but nothing I would describe as must have.  Funny thing is I don't care.  I love new tech and I always have a terrible time waiting for stuff.  The good stuff will come in time but at least I get to play with shiny new things until then.  That said, you are the smarter man here.  Waiting is a better option all around.  I am just too weak.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 DROOPY wrote:Nope not scared of flu shots, and if you get them it kinda means your scared of the flu. I choose not to get them for personal beliefs but thats another topic. I just just don't see a reason to get an xb1 now, the launch games fot it don't interest me at all and why buy a more "risker" xb1 for it to just to sit there until titian fall or destiny drops
You know you make an excellent point.  Both consoles have weak launches all in all.  Yes, there is stuff I am looking forward to playing but nothing I would describe as must have.  Funny thing is I don't care.  I love new tech and I always have a terrible time waiting for stuff.  The good stuff will come in time but at least I get to play with shiny new things until then.  That said, you are the smarter man here.  Waiting is a better option all around.  I am just too weak.
Pretty much sums up how I am about all of this, lol.  The games I'm really excited about are coming out in spring but I can't handle not having the new box, haha.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:01 pm

True "playing with a new box is always way more fun then playing with your old wornout box" oh wait we are talking about game consoles...... ah.... I still feel the same about those too. Now if I got to log in more game time then my normal Fri and sat night thing then I might have got a day one too
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:54 pm

The hardware problems are even more wide spread than originally thought!!!  Apparently they completely stop working when shot with a high powered rifle!!! Shocked(and also explode!)

PS4's hardware already having problems? Ku-xlarge
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down