Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen

+3
DeadSockPuppet
Xpert2010
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen Empty Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:01 pm

This gets me excited and if done properly could really be a Forza killer in my opinion.

Project CARS will be coming to three further gaming platforms in 2014.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen Empty Re: Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:37 pm

I like the concept of it.  How you start off your racing career in karting and building up your professional racing career.  Also races at night xD.  I think this will be one to keep track of for next gen.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen Empty Re: Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Sounds almost like Apex for Xbox.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 am

I've kept up on Project Cars for a while. It has always seemed really cool, but they've been rumored to be bringing it to 'Next Gen' consoles forever. Nice to see it finally happening.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:11 am

Been keeping an eye on this for a while myself.  I have very high hopes for this.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm

UPDATE:  This really is very high on my list of games to watch.  Especially with the lack of a solid racer on the PS4, Project C.A.R.S. is my hope for a brighter future in Sim-Racing.  Here is a nice little article I read today that just reaffirmed my excitement.  I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out.

Link - http://www.gameinformer.com/games/project_cars/b/playstation4/archive/2014/04/24/project-cars-is-a-racer-with-high-ambitions.aspx

latest trailer for the lazy...

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Yep, definitely keeping an eye on PCARS, I just have a bad feeling that it's going to under deliver to consoles (at least the Xbox One).  With night racing and weather I'm not sure the XB1 can handle it at a high enough resolution and frame rate.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:45 pm

This looks like it will have all the stuff we hoped for in Forza: weather, day/night, and formula (although Forza got that in 5, right?).  The dynamic damage looks sick, especially in the shot where the one car gets rear ended and the back car seems to explode as it flies into the air.  It will also be challenging to test cars on tracks and have to test day/night and dry/wet to be ready for all conditions.  Also, having to watch your front and back end so you don't lose your lights on nights will be a challenge.  I'm a big fan of all the cars being free too, makes the playing field a little more even. 

All in all, if this game is able to cash the check it's writing they can just take my $60.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Yep, definitely keeping an eye on PCARS, I just have a bad feeling that it's going to under deliver to consoles (at least the Xbox One).  With night racing and weather I'm not sure the XB1 can handle it at a high enough resolution and frame rate.

I don't think it should be a problem... unless they poorly port it over from PC to XBO. That's always a potential issue. I'm excited for this. If they mess up the XBO version I'll just go PC.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Real Life vs. Project CARS.  Pretty damned impressive.

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:29 pm

I don't know about Forza killer, but very interesting indeed!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:32 pm

I think I like the CARS footage better lol.  As I was watching, my eyes were almost always drawn to the CARS side of the video.  Very impressive.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Looks pretty awesome. If the game lives up to the expectations it'll be a big improvement on Forza 5.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:07 pm

AtrumX wrote:Looks pretty awesome. If the game lives up to the expectations it'll be a big improvement on Forza 5.
^This!  It might be able to get me back into racing, since as of yet PS4 doesn't have something with the same feel as Forza.  However, the couple of us PS4 guys would really have to get out there and hit some online groups and build a following or recruit some drivers to the clan to get active in this.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 01, 2014 4:20 pm

First seen preview pics from the PS4 version...

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 001

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 002

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 003

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 004

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 005

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 006

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 007

Project C.A.R.S. is coming to next-gen 008
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu May 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Most of those look like you're looking at the real thing.  This is shaping up to be a real solid and pretty looking game.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Shocked 

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Worth it to watch that HD.  Pretty amazing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat May 03, 2014 3:31 pm

It worries me a little that it's coming out on Wii U...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 am

where can I get that steering wheel and manual gearbox?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon May 05, 2014 10:31 am

Does anyone know if you can do custom paint jobs like in Forza?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon May 05, 2014 11:27 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Does anyone know if you can do custom paint jobs like in Forza?

I don't know, but I'm REALLY hoping that Project CARS stays away from all the painting and Forzavista type stuff and completely focus on the racing.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon May 05, 2014 12:54 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Does anyone know if you can do custom paint jobs like in Forza?

I don't know, but I'm REALLY hoping that Project CARS stays away from all the painting and Forzavista type stuff and completely focus on the racing.
While I understand the sentiment, I really liked painting up cars.  Buying, tuning and painting a car made it very uniquely mine.  Then to take that car online and race with others was just a great experience.  So while I hope they get the driving right first and foremost, I do hope for custom paint jobs as well.  Autovista can go take a flying leap.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon May 05, 2014 7:40 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

While I understand the sentiment, I really liked painting up cars.  Buying, tuning and painting a car made it very uniquely mine.  Then to take that car online and race with others was just a great experience.  So while I hope they get the driving right first and foremost, I do hope for custom paint jobs as well.  Autovista can go take a flying leap.
This is very true.  While I usually had cars that weren't competitive, I still had fun creating unique and custom paint jobs for my cars.  Why didn't we ever offer trophys for best original designs?  I know you could buy paint jobs but I'm pretty sure we could trust the group to only enter stuff we made and not purchased items.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

This is very true.  While I usually had cars that weren't competitive, I still had fun creating unique and custom paint jobs for my cars.  Why didn't we ever offer trophys for best original designs?  I know you could buy paint jobs but I'm pretty sure we could trust the group to only enter stuff we made and not purchased items.
*cough* Wiggles*cough*
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next