Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect

+4
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 Panzer
S7 mrmiller
8 posters

Go down

Mass Effect Empty Mass Effect

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:52 pm

OK- I have been convinced to give Mass Effect a second chance, and will begin at the start with the first game. As I know a lot transfers between game to game, is there anything I need to keep in mind while playing? What class should I play (I'm thinking the Solider as I like Tank classes, or perhaps the Infiltrator.). Any hints would be cool, as I know most all of you have played it, and many of you have played it multiple times.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect Empty Re: Mass Effect

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:32 pm

I would recommend trying to complete all side missions when possible. These missions don't seem like much but if you pay attention they will come back in the 2nd and 3rd games with little details that make all the difference. I would also suggest if you have the money to drop some cash on the Shadow broker DLC for ME2. I felt it to be the best DLC out of all the once I purchased and it ties nicely to the dark horse Liara comic. Now for classes its up to you I played Soldier through each game and loved the ability to use every weapon available depending on the enemy you were facing. Now if you are playing the game on easy or normal what role you will pick wont really matter because you will blow through most enemies with relative ease. If you need anything else related to mass effect keep asking questions I played all 3 games 4-6 times each. I loved the series, and its my most played RPG to date.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:59 pm

If I remember solider was really easy to play through with, I played ME1 SOOO much though I did everything with multiple classes. If you're just doing a play through for the story don't worry too much about side quests.

You should just do what you want and enjoy it. Don't get stuck on 'must complete all this garbage or game 2 will be ruined!!!' - that isn't the case. Just be careful with the main plot decisions. Those ones matter.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:47 pm

I agree with getting the Shadow Broker DLC.  I got tons of great stuff from it and it's well worth the cost. 

As for classes, I played ME1 as an infiltrator and it was a little tougher since I don't tend to use the powers and the infiltrator can't use all the weapons.  When I played 2 I switched my class to soldier and kept it that way for 3 and I felt the game fit my play style a little better.  I liked the run and gun ability and being able to use all the weaps.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Vanguard or GTFO!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:10 am

Soldier is easy and good for beginners.  It also compliments well with my two favorite companions Liara and Tali.  Wrex is good for one liners too.  If I were to do it again I would play a hybrid class.  I also always had a female Shepherd so I could get the hot lesbo sex scenes.  Before playing a main mission be sure to talk to all your companions to progress their personal stories and relationships.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:16 am

Oh and Seth Green as Joker is fracking win!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:55 am

Why didn't anyone tell me this game was so good Wink

Finished the first one and am getting ready to run the second. I guess there are lots of bonuses if you import a level 50 or 60 character, but I finished my first play through at level 42. I might try to rush through and level up to 50 for the first tier bonues, or do they even matter? Also, is there a way to power level your character in ME1?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:11 am

No power leveling, but you could do the campaign+ option.  Did you complete all the side quests?  If so then I would do only main story on campaign+.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 am

Lol, miller... just now realizing how amazing this series is. No way to really power level. One thing that is awesome - if you go after gamerscore with this game it forces you to play different roles and use different abilities. Which is awesome.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 am

BTW as you advance companion dialog they eventually each give side quest lines.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:23 am

I still need to play ME3.  I could probably pick it up new at a cheap price now.  I only played the demo for ME3 and it looked awesome, so it's a bit tempting, but with Xbox One nearing and the games that I'll be playing until that time, I think it'll be a long wait to play ME3.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:58 am

At miller youll be fine at level 43 and just wait me2 is badass and better the 1 imo and me3 is only $8 at ms store today
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:18 pm

I got it in a trade from Coolhand. I'll start the + and see. If it is really slow leveling, I'll just switch to ME2. I don't want to replay too much. I did miss a lot of the side missions, as I wanted to advance the story, so maybe I can play some I missed the first time.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:33 pm

If I were you I'd play through the whole story. Then if you want go back and play through again for different plot lines/ higher levels.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Be sure to play more of the side missions in ME2 and 3 (or all of them).  They are huge in terms of tying into the story and characters.  They will effect the future games and the end of the game.  Especially in ME2.  Do NOT go to the end of the game unprepared.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down