Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

+10
S7 Coolhand
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
Evol Recovery
S7 Interseptor
Xpert2010
Atrum
Shuntentatsu
S7 Panzer
OneBadHuskerFan
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:50 pm

My question for those that watched every moment of E3 is who came out on top with more game exclusives? Not the ones that both will get -- PS4 & XB1 will have Madden NFL 25 (14) etc. I'm asking who won the exclusivity war? Will XB1 have more games than PS4 or vice-versa?

The answer to that question will get a huge boost of my attention moving forward.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:01 pm

I think the XB1 came out ahead on that front and I think most will agree.  Not just people here, but overall from what I've seen is that Sony wasn't very impressive in the showing at E3.  The only thing that people are talking about regarding Sony is the smack down they put on MS regarding the DRM, used games, etc.

Titanfall is one HUGE plus for MS and is getting all sorts of game of the show awards and a ton of buzz.  The devs already talked about the reason they went MS over Sony was because of the things they'll be able to do with the cloud processing part of the equation.  Sony just simply won't be able to do the things that MS will be able to do on that front.  Sony pretends to have "cloud gaming" also, but it's nothing like what MS is doing.

Forza 5 was/is by far the best racing game of the show and it isn't even close.  Not much to say about that.

And obviously Halo 5, but that goes without saying.  I don't play Halo, but many of you here do.

I also haven't heard Sony say anything about dedicated servers.  MS will have dedicated servers for all MP games (or at least the ones that choose to use them).  I don't believe that is the case with Sony.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks. That answers all my questions.
I am btw one of the Halo guys.

http://www.heavy.com/games/2013/06/xbox-one-ps4-exclusive-games-list/

Looking like MS for me after all.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Here's one quote that backs me up on that.  I don't see anybody saying anything of the sort regarding Sony games.  This is the kind of thing that has me very excited for the future of the XB1.

Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment’s new shooter coming to the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC, will have its own dedicated servers that switch on and off depending on how many players are online. According to Craig Owens of EA, “We’re using Microsoft’s cloud compute initiative to run all our servers for it, so it’s all running on dedicated servers. We’ll spin up and spin down servers as necessary, and it’ll do all the AI hosting and physics calculations and all matchmaking and all of that good stuff. It’s all dedicated servers, all the time.”
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Now the only potential issue is server stability. 300,000 servers is such a massive number that I can't even wrap my head around how that will effect their stability, or if they will just encounter different issues than in the past.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Saw this, it's just funny:
Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... - Page 3 CWV2Ah5
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 pm

AtrumX wrote:Now the only potential issue is server stability. 300,000 servers is such a massive number that I can't even wrap my head around how that will effect their stability, or if they will just encounter different issues than in the past.

They're not physical servers though, they're just virtual machines. Besides, both Amazon and MS Azure have had plenty of practice. I'd expect a few hiccups along the way but nothing that we haven't already had with current XBL stuff. If they're on point with their load balancing and elastic scaling, then it may even be more performant than current XBL.ing tech and elastic scaling
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Looking at the exclusives lists, I'll give you that the Xbone has a longer list (that has been released so far).  I'll also say that I haven't looked at all the games on either list to see what really piques my curiosity but I do see the games that I'm really interested in getting at launch will be on both systems. Therefore, I can play them for at least $100 less on a PS4. 

I know I'm probably a minority because I'm not a huge exclusives player.   I tend to play a lot of the cross platform or mainstream stuff.  And while I did buy and play all the Halo games and both Forza games, the only real exclusive I was missing was God of War 3, and that's because I didn't get a PS3.  God of War 3 was the only current gen exclusive that I wanted to play but I couldn't justify buying a $300 console for one game.  I could have lived without the Halo and Forza games if it meant I could get God of War 3, but I chose a 360 first, because I thought I'd be all Halo fanboy when I wasn't. 

As for dedicated servers for the cloud gaming and for devs that want of use them for their games, I'll give you that and it's a HUGE plus.  MS is a COMPUTER company so they probably have millions of servers they could use for this purpose.  That and their COMPUTER background allow them to make a fantastic network.  I've only used XBL and for the most part it's been a great service and I've heard lots of issues with PSN (but I've heard some good too).

However, I find it interesting that Husker uses a quote from E-we r@pe our customers hard-A to talk about dedicated servers for their games.  How much is EGay gonna charge you for that?  No wait, it won't be a charge, it will be your very own server for a low rate.  Back on point, there has to be a better example of a company chomping at the bit to use those servers than EA.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Now the only potential issue is server stability. 300,000 servers is such a massive number that I can't even wrap my head around how that will effect their stability, or if they will just encounter different issues than in the past.

They're not physical servers though, they're just virtual machines. Besides, both Amazon and MS Azure have had plenty of practice. I'd expect a few hiccups along the way but nothing that we haven't already had with current XBL stuff. If they're on point with their load balancing and elastic scaling, then it may even be more performant than current XBL.ing tech and elastic scaling
I know they're virtual machines. But netscalers have a whole realm of issues on their own. I doubt it'd be any worse than current, just not sure if it will be better. I'm interested to see how big launches go.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I too wish I could have played the God of War games.  However the list Klown posted is lacking anything I find recognizable or intriguing.  Maybe that list will grow a lot before November but so might Xbox's.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:05 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:

I know they're virtual machines. But netscalers have a whole realm of issues on their own. I doubt it'd be any worse than current, just not sure if it will be better. I'm interested to see how big launches go.
Depends what you're scaling...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:11 pm

That's kind of why I'm reserving judgement and holding off on a preorder.  There might be a ton of exclusives on those lists that would tip he balance for me one way or the other, however, there will probably be more added to them in the next 5 months.

While I got the 360 for Halo, the main reason I got it was for PDZ.  After playing the crap out if GoldenEye and Perfect Dark on the 64, I was bound and determined to get the next system that had the new PD game.  Then I rarely played the game.  Granted the 360'wsd a good move (I met this group from it) but I won't make a console decision based on an exclusive again, probably.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:but I won't make a console decision based on an exclusive again, probably.
Come on man!  TITANFALL!!!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Titanfall will be the new Brink.......Just kidding
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Seriously, which one is Titanfall?  Is that he Chromehounds/Mechwarrior one?  Besides, like I said, I missed God of War 3 and I'm hoping there will be one for PS4.  Hell, if there's a God of War for the PS4 mine will probably be running non-stop until both my wife and I beat it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm so glad I didn't buy into the hype for Brink.  All my friends were saying it was going to be awesome.  And the day they started playing it I could tell by their voices that they were let down, but they didn't want to come out and say it because I told them so.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:03 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I too wish I could have played the God of War games.  However the list Klown posted is lacking anything I find recognizable or intriguing.  Maybe that list will grow a lot before November but so might Xbox's.
Strikes me as strange how Sony said "HaHa those guys are about the TV, we @Sony are all about the games!" then only had seven (7) freakin' games to discuss at E3.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Ya I was one of those guys super excited about Brink and It was one of the worst fails up there right up there wif the movies Catwoman,In the name of the King, and Jona Hex

this pic is all that needs to be said JK
Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... - Page 3 Chuck-10
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:10 pm

That does it.
Chuck Norris approved, so there's really only one option.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Strikes me as strange how Sony said "HaHa those guys are about the TV, we @Sony are all about the games!" then only had seven (7) freakin' games to discuss at E3. And MS is using EA as the dev to promote their 300,000 dedicated servers, kind of the same thing right?

And yet MS uses EA to promote it's 300,000 dedicated servers for the devs?  Kind of the same thing, huh?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

So much of it is just pure fanboyism.  I'm not saying people here, but in general.  PS fanboys will bash MS no matter what and vice versa.  It's nice that most people here are looking at it from multiple angles and not just being one sided about it.

To me, other than the price, I haven't seen much from the PS4 to get me excited.  Their E3 show was a letdown compared to MS and I've seen nothing other than that from them to prove to me that they have any more than that.  From what I can tell, most of the "new" things on the PS4 are things that the Xbox360 has had for quite a while now.  I'd love to be shown more than just what the general internet has to offer regarding the PS4 right now because all that is is a bunch of MS bashing bafoons.

Will Sony have dedicated servers?
Will Sony have cloud computing?  They say "We'll have cloud service in 2014".  What does that mean?

These 2 are my biggest questions right now, and to me they are very important in the way I'm looking at things currently.

What will/does the PS4 have that the XB1 will/does not? (Pricing aside)

Last edited by OneBadHuskerFan on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:16 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
And yet MS uses EA to promote it's 300,000 dedicated servers for the devs?  Kind of the same thing, huh?

honestly I fail to see the similarities.

Last edited by S7 K1ll3rKlown on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:18 pm

EA was crap with their BF3 servers and if they're the only one so far that's interested in the servers, is there something we don't know about the servers.  Kind if like we don't know if there will be other exclusives that just haven't been listed.  Still tons of smoke, mirrors, and speculation.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:EA was crap with their BF3 servers and if they're the only one so far that's interested in the servers, is there something we don't know about the servers.  Kind if like we don't know if there will be other exclusives that just haven't been listed.  Still tons of smoke, mirrors, and speculation.

I'm not sure where you are getting that EA is the only one interested in their servers.  There is an article on wired.com that says that ALL MP games will be using dedicated servers.  Now I assume that devs/publishers will have the option to use them or not, but how is that not a HUGE jump from 99.9% of current games using a P2P system?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey puppet you should checkout darksiders1 and 2 and castlevania they are both God of war rip offs, I just started Darksiders2 and Its got more charcter rpg stuff then the first one, but the first one was badass,the wife would prob dig it castlvania was epic too it was a little harder and suffered some camera angle stuff

just remembered when the 360 cameout SAM's had a combod deal that came with a game and an extra controller for an extra $100 bucks, really just $30 buck saving but I'm hoping they have something like that

the headset thing is the killer but we need more info and$250 for a headset is crazy IMO and to me the 7.1 aren't that much better then the stereo but then again I've got turtle beachs, which arn't that great IMO

Last edited by S7 DROOPY on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next