Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

+10
S7 Coolhand
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
Evol Recovery
S7 Interseptor
Xpert2010
Atrum
Shuntentatsu
S7 Panzer
OneBadHuskerFan
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... Empty Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Are any of you that are set on a PS4 at all thinking differently about that or is your decision still made?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... Empty Re: Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I am more interested in hardware and software and who will be better in that standing with the policies now being so similar. From what I heard the PS4 has better performance for a cheaper cost, not sure if that is true.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... Empty Re: Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Nope. My reason to buy the Ps4 had nothing to do with the policies either company had, but on the games I hope to see i the future.

I'm looking forward to the JRPGs that will be released. And if this gen is an indication of anything, they'll most likely be Ps4 only
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:50 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:I am more interested in hardware and software and who will be better in that standing with the policies now being so similar. From what I heard the PS4 has better performance for a cheaper cost, not sure if that is true.
o.O New to hardware, you must be. Looking at TEH CPU SPEEDZORS and not actual throughput calculations, which no one has legitimate access to yet. edram + DDR3 vs DDR5? Difficult to call.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Shuntentatsu wrote:Nope. My reason to buy the Ps4 had nothing to do with the policies either company had, but on the games I hope to see i the future.

I'm looking forward to the JRPGs that will be released. And if this gen is an indication of anything, they'll most likely be Ps4 only
I can totally understand that.  If you are a fan of JRPG's then the PS is the way to go.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Kenny, do you play most JRPGs just in straight Japanese? I'd play more but my japanese is OK at it's very best.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

AtrumX wrote:Kenny, do you play most JRPGs just in straight Japanese? I'd play more but my japanese is OK at it's very best.

Mugiwara
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Yes Xpert, I have watched one piece forever.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:I am more interested in hardware and software and who will be better in that standing with the policies now being so similar. From what I heard the PS4 has better performance for a cheaper cost, not sure if that is true.

QFT.

And no.  My mind has also not changed.  I stand on the policies Sony announced from the get go.  Not the backtracking of MS execs after the fallout killed their pre-orders.  I actually have less respect for them now then I did before.  To me it shows lack of vision and conviction.  Also combine the fact that I think PlayGo and the Gaikai service show huge potential going forward and the PS4 is still the console for me.

Also, the biggest feature I publically supported seems to be squashed.  Family Sharing was epic.  Too bad.

P.S. I know it's a little snarky but I feel I have earned it a little so here goes...  I look at the title of this thread and wonder who the gamers are that MS has finally listened to?  Cause from my experience the MS kool-aid was pretty strong around here.  Just sayin'
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

My Japanese is pretty bad really. I just think Japanese sounds better for the most part when I play JRPGs and watch anime. Reading subtitles while watching/playing something isn't all that difficult, so it doesn't bother me as much as it does others.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Also, the biggest feature I publically supported seems to be squashed.  Family Sharing was epic.  Too bad.

P.S. I know it's a little snarky but I feel I have earned it a little so here goes...  I look at the title of this thread and wonder who the gamers are that MS has finally listened to?  Cause from my experience the MS kool-aid was pretty strong around here.  Just sayin'
Lol, little Vindication for Interseptor.

Family sharing was going to be great. I think this was designed specifically to crush Atrums dreams.

EDIT? Wat? JRPGs come with Subtitles? I had no idea! I can't stand 99.9% of dubbed anime (Cowboy Bebop <3) That makes me much more interested then.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Believe it!

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Well most of them that came out for the Ps3 have dual audio settings, either at launch or downloadable from PSN.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Evol Recovery wrote:Believe it!

Any respect you had is now lost
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:22 pm

jokes on you because I had none to begin with
Razz

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:34 pm

I will still get both systems most likely, but may put off the PS4 purchase longer now that renting is back in. I didn't ever have a problem with what MS was doing exactly, but I had a problem with how difficult it was making everything. We as hardcore gamers, pretty much understood it and it's limitations and advantages, whether we liked it or not. But the audience of the causal user they were trying to recruit would have been confused and most likely frustrated by the whole thing. Particularly people who know nothing about the systems and might be buying it for their kids or grandchildren. That was my biggest fear for the route MS was heading. 

I like that they are listening to the gamers and not being completely arrogant and alienating them- that actually earns respect for me. For a corporation the size of MS to do anything like change these long in development policies (not to mention most likely publisher agreements) so quickly is huge! Anyone who has ever worked for a large company (or the government) knows that kind of thing doesn't normally ever happen in 2 weeks.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Lol! Thats funny, all those people that jumped ship becayse of the always on, don't have internet all the time cant rent games , boom a company listened to public and people got what they want
Same on that company lol and burn
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 pm

I must admit that I have lost a lot of respect for Microsoft and I think that they've made a mistake with this new change.  They started to doubt their idea and how it would fare with the people and decided to follow PS4 on the same beaten path.  To me, it was a pretty pathetic move listening to the 'gamers', which 90% of them were probably trolls (if not more).  I was excited that they were making steps to help out the developers and now they pretty much gave them a big 'f#ck you'.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:09 pm

I respect and understand their decision, although it is to my detriment.  Their policies would not have bothered me at all, and I would have benefited from the Family Share.  I still have no faith in the PSN and no interest in the PS4.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

">Microsoft just pissed off the people excited for the One in order to woo the few who weren't."

After stewing on this for a little bit I read that comment and it pretty much sums up how I feel.  MS should have stuck with their policies.

It's a good thing that dedicated servers and the cloud computing are still there or I'd think about switching.  I really think they just missed a chance to revolutionize console gaming.

Who knows, in the next 5 months they may completely f#ck things up.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 pm

I think if you go back in time and look at the PS3 stuff, it was the Sony arrogance that hurt that system from the get go. I don't know if they ever really recovered in the US, and I think they learned tier lessons and came out much more on the side of the gamers, and blasted MS for their policies. That pretty much dared MS to match them, and they did what they felt they had to. Could the Xbox one have won the "long war"? Possibly, but when you got shareholders to please, that doesn't always work out for you. That's what they started with the original Xbox, and going back to a "lets establish ourselves" approach isn't going to cut it this time.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:36 am

The lower cost and the fact that I probably won't have to get a new headset haven't changed, so my thoughts really haven't changed.  I don't really rent, lend, resell or trade so I wasn't too concerned with the DRM, however, I too am miffed by the fact that MS dropped the family share because there's a handful of guys in the clan that I wouldn't mind paring up with to share games, but I guess that's out now.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 am

You have to remember if you are going to get the camera to be more equal, it's only $40-$30 cheaper (is the PS4 camera $59 or $69?). That being said, I'm not getting the camera and wouldn't even get the Kinect if that were an option. So it is truly $100 less for me too. Now the headset thing is a problem for those who have one that works on PS3 now, but mine doesn't (TB X41's) and either way I'm going to have to get a new one. I do hope I can find a new one that will work on both systems, so when I do pick up a PS4 I'm not buying yet another one.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 am

While I agree on the whole not wanting a kinect to get the kinect equivalent on a Ps4 you would also need a motion sensor and that cost puts it just about equal with the Xbox one.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 am

It really makes sense that they make the kinect mandatory. If they didn't make it 100% required, no devs would utilize it fully.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next