Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

+10
S7 Coolhand
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
Evol Recovery
S7 Interseptor
Xpert2010
Atrum
Shuntentatsu
S7 Panzer
OneBadHuskerFan
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 am

I don't really feel I need a camera or motion sensor (kinect) right now.  There may come a time when there's a game that I'd want that needs it but right now I don't see one.  Besides, I got the Xbox camera with a WSOP poker fame I had for the 360 and I never really used it.  

The headset is the big thing for me.  My XP500s will connect via Bluetooth to the PS3 so they should work with the PS4.  If it comes out that they won't work with the PS4 and I'll have to buy a new headset anyways, then I'll probably lean towards a Xbone.  I really like the quality of the XP500s and I wouldn't be willing to get something of lesser quality for a higher quality system, but I don't want to spend $250 on a new headset to get the same quality.  

Then again, by the time I have the money to start investing in a new console MS or TB may create an adaptor so I can use my XP500s with the Xbone.  That would also seriously make me think about getting the Xbone.  That and not having to pay for both XBL and PSN each year would be nice.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok, so now that MS has reversed course and listened to gamers...

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 am

I don't want the camera either so the PS4 is truly $100 less for me. But that is not really an accurate assessment of the situation. It's actually much more of a saving than that when you add it up. Let's take a look...

The PS4 bundle I am planning on getting is the BF4 bundle which comes with the PS4, a Copy of BF4 and a full year of PS+ for $499.00. Combined with the fact my heastset should work with the PS4 as well, $499.00 is my total cost to get started.

Now let's look at the XB1. The console is $499. A game is $60. A comparable headset is really $250, but lets just say $200 for argument's sake. XBL sub is $60 (you are going to have to buy it at some point). Play and charge kit is let's guess $40 (PS4 controller is natively rechargeable). So that comes out to $860.00 for the comparable experience on the XB1.

PS4 $500.00 - XB1 $860.00 = Total savings of $360.00

Also, @ OC. The PS4 controller is a motion controller, as well as touchpad. If you got the camera, no additional equipment would be needed.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am

OK Zak- whatever you say...

Paul- I'm with you there. I don't have a problem spending $400 or $500 on a console, but going another $200+ for a headset hurts. Seeing as mine are old, I really doubt there will be any adapter for either system, but I may be able to workaround with the kinect or sony mic for voice and have all sounds come through the speakers.  Maybe you guys with the newer headsets will get an adapter, but I'm fairly positive I'm SOL.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:OK Zak- whatever you say...

Paul- I'm with you there. I don't have a problem spending $400 or $500 on a console, but going another $200+ for a headset hurts. Seeing as mine are old, I really doubt there will be any adapter for either system, but I may be able to workaround with the kinect or sony mic for voice and have all sounds come through the speakers.  Maybe you guys with the newer headsets will get an adapter, but I'm fairly positive I'm SOL.

~mrmiller

Huh?  I am not flaming here.  Is there something wrong with what I said?  That was a legitimate assessment I made and was a factor in making my decision.  I thought it might be helpful and relevant to the thread discussion.  I was not disrespectful or condescending.  I am tired of getting sh1t for speaking facts or how I see things.  Sorry you guys don't like what you are hearing but I'm not making this sh1t up.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 am

S7 Interseptor wrote: for the comparable experience on the XB1.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh........

Let's phrase that as "For 'an' experience" and leave the rest out.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote: for the comparable experience on the XB1.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh........

Let's phrase that as "For 'an' experience" and leave the rest out.

So... "For an experience on the XB1."  Are you trying to say the XB1 can't provide a 'comparable' experience to the PS4?  Is the XB1 somehow inferior?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:11 am

I don’t want to get in to an argument about it, as I’m sure you are always right. The “it’s truly $100 less for me” is an accurate statement- for me. I was trying to say that its $100 less for me, but for people like you and puppet it could be significantly more, and I see your point. So whatever you say is good, true, we all see your points, and they are great. So no need to argue about it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 am

Kinect is weak but in my house its worth having but not at $100, the kid enjoys its,  the voice command is cool for games like mass effect and the wife can operate the xbox without the remote and skype is cool 
@zac really throwing in the xbox live sub which is the same price as ps sub but you can finded it all the time for 40 ,and  battery charger ,if you use rechargeable batterys like most aleady have for their 360 then no cost, same as xbox 360 sub 

Idk about the guys buying a ps4 but I don't think most will cancel thier gold sub and never use their 360 again even if its just to watch netfix or use some of the other TV apps that require a gold membership , so I see the ps4  an additional subscription that gonna cost $60

so lets subtract the gold membership, battery charger, and headset( DK if adpaters are going to be made but) from that then I think XB1 its about 100 more  oh wait in order to play with my 8 friends that have a ps4 let me add the PS subscription

Last edited by S7 DROOPY on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 am

(aside) Zak and I have a friendly agreement in our arguments. So they're never really arguments. Generally just poking fun at one another.

@ Interseptor
As far as quality goes online, PS4 is to Carnival Cruises as XBO is to Royal Caribbean. Just sayin'
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 am

Psn update fail yesterday
XBL gets map packs and dlc sooner
More friends on xbl
Better apps
innerclann tourneys

Gonna say ya zak xb1 experience 
 Gonna be better
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 am

Mainly XBO will have S7.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am

@ Droopy. 

First, the PS+ membership is $50, XBL is $60 so they are not the same price (and yes, I know you can get both at a discount but I was using retail to keep things as fair as possible).

Next, I don't use rechargeable batteries with my 360.  I use a play and charge kit (or I did till recently when they stopped holding a charge.) so the additional cost is accurate for me.

I would not need to keep my XBL gold sub to watch Netflix etc...  I can do all of that from the PS4, for FREE, with no subscription needed.  Netflix, apps etc... are NOT hidden behind a pay wall on the PSN.

XBL gets map packs and dlc sooner - No.  Sorry, this is just wrong and several developers have already announced timed exclusives for BOTH consoles.  It highly depends on what games you play AND what is true for the 360 is not automatically true for the XB1.

More friends on xbl - OK, vaild point and I always admitted it.

Better apps - NO.  I am sorry you don't actually use your PS3.  Netflix is VASTLY superior on the PS3.  So is crunchyroll.

innerclann tourneys - Also a valid point.  And ties in directly with the friends point. but that is not to say I won't have any friends to play with, so it's not a complete loss either.

Psn update fail yesterday - you really want to go there?  OK, happen on at least 2 separate occasions on XBL too that I can remember...

Bonus question for everyone: What number 360 are you currently on? 

Want to talk reliability?  Personally, I am on #3.  Still have my original PS3 though.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:55 am

"XBL gets map packs and dlc sooner - No.  Sorry, this is just wrong and several developers have already announced timed exclusives for BOTH consoles.  It highly depends on what games you play AND what is true for the 360 is not automatically true for the XB1."

skyrim, fallout, COD....don't think on wrong there
LOL

And I guess you will not use your xbox360 gold stuff ever again. but for people that don't have a ps3 and would like to use the 360 in another room or dont have a smart tv or whatever to get netflix etc then the old 360 is a good choice and no more money that my point

just throwing stuff out there like you do, everytime someone put something out there about xb1 you've put your 2cents in , which is fine, but is not right for everyone, so you cost analysis is for you, just as mrmiller was for him and mine is for me

Oh and Im on my 2xbox and 1st ps3 but I only have about 100hrs use on the ps3 and I know people on their 2 ps3

Last edited by S7 DROOPY on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:12 pm

You are absolutely correct Droopy.  To each his own and we are all a little different.  You usually make good valid posts and generally are able to see the good and bad in both.  I find you to be level headed and respectful and appreciate your comments.  

And I am not trying to hate on the 360, XB1 or XBL.  It's just that some people seem to think it's all rainbows and unicorns when it's just not.  XBL updates have bricked systems.  And while some PS3 have failed, the failure rate of the 360 is really crazy high at something like 25%.  The PS3 is like 2%.

IDK, I think people just like to have selective memories.  

Also, the DLC thing.  AC3 had exclusive content for the PS3, and it was FREE.  And there are dozens more too.  Destiny has exclusive content planned for the PS4 too so like I said, BOTH consoles get DLC bonuses.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Interseptor, complaining about battery life isn't legit. All lithium ion batteries degrade over time with use. Your PS4 controllers will do the same thing. And the more you use/charge them the faster they'll get worse.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Not really complaining.  I have gotten my moneys worth out of the play and charge kit and it's cheaper than regular batteries in the long run.  I was just stating that is was an expense I would incur.  And strangely, I use my PS3 a good bit and not had that problem with their controllers that have built in battery packs.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Ya I agree of the failure rat MS put out so BS the first couple of years, I just had to put out there that sony products fail too and You prob right on the DLC, but It seems to me that most of the games on both systems the DLC comes out later on the PS3 , but I also don't play my Ps3 much so I might be wrong and I don't trust what developers say

still think MS got some kickbacks from gamstop and gamefly LOL
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:34 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Not really complaining.  I have gotten my moneys worth out of the play and charge kit and it's cheaper than regular batteries in the long run.  I was just stating that is was an expense I would incur.  And strangely, I use my PS3 a good bit and not had that problem with their controllers that have built in battery packs.
Ahh, I actually completely quit using the battery packs on my 360. It wasn't just that the battery life decreased, it was that some completely broke. I FAR prefer the wired controller shape/response anyway, so I haven't used a wireless controller in a couple years.
It definitely was/is an issue they had though.

My Brothers PS3 had a somewhat similar issue though. It seemed to gather a lot of dust while it sat under his tv off for such long periods of time. Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 pm

I think the timed DLC deals had to do largely with the fact that the 360 dominated the US in sales and online subscriptions.  It wasn't a hard sell to publishers to give them the content first.  Not only did they get a big fact check from MS they also got access to the 30 million XLB gold members (or however many there are, I just made up a number lol), the most likely people to actually download DLC.  The question is whether or not the status quo will continue into the next gen. 

Remember, the PS2 dominated that gen but the PS3 stumbled and could never recover the dominance this generation.  just cause the 360 is great and leading this gen does not mean the XB1 will.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 pm

The reason the 360 dominated was the massive influx of online gamers, and the fact that the original xbox had a MUCH better online environment than the PS2. I'd say that's still fairly close to a PS3 vs Xbox 360 comparison. XBL is clearly perceived by the masses as the better online service, so that could do a lot for their next console just like the original Xbox helped the 360.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 pm

I agree Atrum.  The current 360 members could continue to support the XB1 but many gamers got turned off by the initial announcement.  Sony is appealing to gameser and won over a lot of support.  Will it make a difference?  Will Sony take back the lead?  Should be interesting to watch.  I think they both have a pretty good shot at this point.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Truth is, even when I'm not playing with the clan I still play MP games in random lobbies. The XBL platform is simply better and more inviting than PS3 and what I perceive the PS4 will be.

90% of my reason for choosing the XB1 is the online / MP capabilities. I also am in love with the "TV" aspect. Unlike many I actually use my XBox as a TV connected device (netflix, HBO Go, MLB.tv) etc. so you can joke and call it XTV but some of us don't mind that feature and infact look forward to the future of entertainment in our home theater. Gamers are not all just a bunch of 30 year olds playing Zelda in the dark basement anymore...we'd like to have a platform that has matured and grown with us. XBox has, and PS has not so much eventhough they too fought for living room superiority during the initial PS3 push. They lost that war as MS has continued their push to be the single console used in the living room.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:31 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Truth is, even when I'm not playing with the clan I still play MP games in random lobbies. The XBL platform is simply better and more inviting than PS3 and what I perceive the PS4 will be.

90% of my reason for choosing the XB1 is the online / MP capabilities. I also am in love with the "TV" aspect. Unlike many I actually use my XBox as a TV connected device (netflix, HBO Go, MLB.tv) etc. so you can joke and call it XTV but some of us don't mind that feature and infact look forward to the future of entertainment in our home theater. Gamers are not all just a bunch of 30 year olds playing Zelda in the dark basement anymore...we'd like to have a platform that has matured and grown with us. XBox has, and PS has not so much eventhough they too fought for living room superiority during the initial PS3 push. They lost that war as MS has continued their push to be the single console used in the living room.
I think you're not in the minority for using the TV aspect. Hop online after midnight EST any night, you'll see a large amount of people online in various video apps
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Truth is, even when I'm not playing with the clan I still play MP games in random lobbies. The XBL platform is simply better and more inviting than PS3 and what I perceive the PS4 will be.

I think you're not in the minority for using the TV aspect. Hop online after midnight EST any night, you'll see a large amount of people online in various video apps
I agree.  I think I've seen more people on apps/Netflix/HBOGo, etc...than have been playing games.  Today I'm actually cutting my HD tier service on my cable to go with standard service and adding a much faster internet plan because I am streaming much more now than I used to.  I've found that the HD tier plan just isn't worth it IMO anymore.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Yeah, I only use my Dish for a few general shows like
Big Bang Theory, misc Bar Rescue type shows, and other 'filler' stuff to have on while I fall asleep.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next