Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon MMO

4 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Go down

Pokemon MMO Empty Pokemon MMO

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Since I'm a fan of Pokemon games, I figured I'd post this here even though I doubt that the majority of you are really into it. Anyway I kinda felt like playing a Pokemon game again and I figured I try to see if there was a new MMO. I happened across http://pokemmo.eu which basically takes all of the mechanics of FireRed and applies multiplayer to it. There's character customization, you get to name and battle your rival, and you see a bunch of other players running around. Seems to run smoothly. Only drawbacks for me so far are that battle animations aren't very good and battle sounds are non-existent. I also saw that certain moves are not working correctly, but they're pretty much support moves when doing Double Battles.

You'd have to download a rom of FireRed on order to play...

Last edited by Xpert2010 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Pokemon MMO Empty Re: Pokemon MMO

Post by mr.shifty Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't know how I feel about a Pokemon MMO, but I do own and still occasionally play most of the games from the first generation up through Black and White which I don't like at all. I might have to check it out.

mr.shifty

GamerTag : Mr.Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Xpert2010 wrote: though I doubt that the majority of you aren't really into it.

You realize you just said "I think most of you are really into it"...

I'll check it out. I still play the original red/blue about once a year.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm

As I said, you are basically playing FireRed except there are a ton of other players about that you can battle and trade with. I think there are also tournaments that are held around the game world with 'usual' level caps of 30, 50, and 100. You can even play slots at the game corner and trade in the coins to get the other two starters that you didn't pick. I think if you also attach a SoulSilver rom or something, you get the added option of having a Pokemon follow you and see Pokemon that are following other trainers. idk, I thought it was pretty neat and was the best attempt of making a Pokemon MMO that I've seen yet.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm

AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote: though I doubt that the majority of you aren't really into it.

You realize you just said "I think most of you are really into it"...

I'll check it out. I still play the original red/blue about once a year.

lol woops
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Still the best RPG of all time in my opinion...and you know, my opinion is literally fact. So, there you go.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 pm

mr.shifty wrote:I don't know how I feel about a Pokemon MMO, but I do own and still occasionally play most of the games from the first generation up through Black and White which I don't like at all. I might have to check it out.

idk. I thought Black/White had a more well told story compared to the other games and the Pokemon weren't bad.

Edit: And Team Plasma's battle music is kickass. lol

Last edited by Xpert2010 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.shifty Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
mr.shifty wrote:I don't know how I feel about a Pokemon MMO, but I do own and still occasionally play most of the games from the first generation up through Black and White which I don't like at all. I might have to check it out.

idk. I thought Black/White had a more well told story compared to the other games and the Pokemon weren't bad.

It is possible I am just entirely biased, but I found them to be so divergent from the original games that I didn't get sucked in. Mind you, this is a guy that probably has over 1,000 hours of game time across the generations. It didn't even keep my attention long enough to make it to the first gym battle. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, but it just wasn't a good fit for me.

mr.shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm

mr.shifty wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:

It is possible I am just entirely biased, but I found them to be so divergent from the original games that I didn't get sucked in. Mind you, this is a guy that probably has over 1,000 hours of game time across the generations. It didn't even keep my attention long enough to make it to the first gym battle. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, but it just wasn't a good fit for me.

Yeah, I was kinda the same way with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I thought that the new areas were kinda poorly put together and I wasn't fond of the hyperactive rival you had. I had to force myself to play through the beginning because I just wasn't having much interest in it, but thankfully it picked up a bit after I beat the first few gym leaders.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:13 pm

I never played black and white. However, there's almost No chance I'll like it more than the original. Red/Blue/Green are where it's at. I did enjoy have pikachu follow me in Yellow. After there were more than 150(1) pokemon it got worse.

That being said, I may now try Black/White to give it a fair shot.

PS: I think for our age group 1000 hours isn't a large amount of playtime for pokemon.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.shifty Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:16 pm

True, compared to some games I play 1,000 hours is a drop in the bucket, but for a kid that wasn't allowed to play video games so I had to secretly save up and buy a gameboy and hide it from my parents and play on the sly... that's quite a bit ;P

Yeah, D/P/P definitely weren't my favorites. I played Platinum all the way through once and I haven't actually finished D/P because I keep restarting my game.

Red , Blue and Yellow were my favorites by far, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver are pretty good as well.

mr.shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

mr.shifty wrote:
Red , Blue and Yellow were my favorites by far, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver are pretty good as well.

QFT. Although I was a little too in to pokemon at the time and even played Pokemon Green (the real original) in japanese. It was hard, and painful in the graphics area. But amazing. lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.shifty Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 pm

I wanted it, but I wasn't able to get it since I would have had to order it, and hard to do that on my own as a 12 year old without a bank account without enlisting my parent's help. I wanted it so bad. Lol, I was such a Poke nerd, didn't do the cards or the tv show or anything, but I would spends hours reading strategy/walk throughs and creating my ideal teams of 6 with their best move sets for various battles etc. I'm a little ashamed. Razz

mr.shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down