Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For fans of the show 24

5 posters

Go down

For fans of the show 24 Empty For fans of the show 24

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 am

Well as some of you might have expected the last shows of 24 are coming to an end here are the details for those of you interested.

March 26, 2010 - And so the clock will stop. While not unexpected, we're now hearing that 24 is indeed ending this season. Jon Cassar, who was an Executive Producer and frequent director on the series until this past season, broke the news via Twitter, writing, "News from the 24 set, the crew has been told that 24 has come to an end. There will be no Season 9."

Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Chloe O'Brian") has also confirmed the news, tweeting, "Just found out we got the word officially. This is 24's last season." Rajskub has also said they are currently in production on the final two episodes of Season 8 – so it's unclear if there is any time for the writers to add any bigger note of finality to the series than was already scripted.

However, it's doubtful that we've seen the last of Jack Bauer, as 20th Century Fox is actively developing a 24 movie, written by Billy Ray (Shattered Glass).

There had also been some talk about NBC picking up the series from 20th Century Fox Television (who produce the series), should the FOX network not renew it this year. But that possibility was always seen as a long shot, and barring any surprising news on the subject in the next few days, it seems as though this will indeed be the end of 24 as a TV series.

Updated: FOX has now officially confirmed they are ending the series, and the statements by those involved certainly don't seem to leave any doubt that 24 is over (which is to say, don't hold your breath for any NBC deal).

Says Kiefer Sutherland, "This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible. While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted 24 to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon. This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at Fox. Looking ahead to the future, Howard Gordon and I are excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24. But when all is said and done, it is the loyal worldwide fan base that made it possible for me to have the experience of playing the role of Jack Bauer, and for that I am eternally grateful."

Executive producer and showrunner Howard Gordon said, "Kiefer and I have loved every minute of making 24, but we all believe that now is the right time to call it a day. I echo his sentiments of gratitude toward the show's amazing creative team, as well as the studio and network who have always believed in us and shown us unbelievable support."
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

For fans of the show 24 Empty Re: For fans of the show 24

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Sad day
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:51 pm

indeed.

this past episode had me cussing at the tv.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 am

This is a sad day, but I'd rather see them go out on a high note then dragging something out like X-Files did.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 am

Finally! I used to really enjoy this series but it lost me this season for sure. But I'm not happy it is ending because I don't like it - many do and I'm sad they will lose out. No, its that it come on Monday nights during practice, and without a DVR my fiancee kicks be off MW2 practice to watch some kid blow himself to pieces in a hyperbaric tank.
This means my TV is mine again on Mondays!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down