Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLB 2k13 is a go?

+2
S7 OC
DeadSockPuppet
6 posters

:: General :: Sports

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MLB 2k13 is a go? - Page 2 Empty Re: MLB 2k13 is a go?

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:55 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Unfortunately OC I have a friend with it and as suspected it's a roster update. There are a few small details changed like the uniform colors are more pronounced and they placed the Astros in the correct division, the baseball gives more bounce once it hits the outfield grass, the players don't do the pause then throw animation which allows an opposition XBH, etc. but mainly it's the same d@mn thing. The music and background pictures were changed (players still have the wrong caps Shocked ), a few extra lines were recorded for commentary, but the menus are the same and nothing really changed under the hood. They removed online leagues too. If you placed two TVs beside each other and run MLB 2K12 and the other with MLB 2K13 you can't tell the difference...honestly. NOT WORTH $60!

Are you expecting a sport game to have a big difference in gameplay year after year?
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Not really but this year is the worst so far xpert.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Hm, I'd have to disagree w/ you on the Show fellas.

The commentary is not very good but overall mechanics are great. The options for pitching and hitting - meter, pulse pitching, pure analog, etc. I won't mention how it looks - I think we're in agreement from that perspective.

I've enjoyed playing about 10 games or so in spring training w/ the Yankees. Even posted a few highlights on my YouTube channel.

There are so many options to change the feel and difficulty of the show via the sliders, I'm sure there's a way to get the feel you're looking for.

I left 2K baseball a while ago for the same reasons described here. I believe the game has been on the decline for quite some time. This is what rock bottom feels like.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 pm

well, I'm trying but I haven't found the "sweet spot" just yet with the show.
Have you played MLB2K12 Pharaoh? I'll personally send you my copy to play on xbox and you tell me after that it's not a better mechanically sound game.

I'm telling you dude, MLB has "it" as far as game play, just not the look that the IGN's and other video game websites of the world need to give it a good rating.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2