Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have problems with my hearing?

5 posters

Go down

Do I have problems with my hearing? Empty Do I have problems with my hearing?

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am

In my quest for the gold guns I had been running with 5 perks, with 2 of those being Dead Silence and Awareness (with the Perk 3 Greed wildcard). I am just not hearing the enemy in this game. I started playing with my surround sound on, and the volume was not too high but should have been loud enough to hear the enemy. So I switched to my Turtle Beach’s and I still can’t hear them. I mean, I can, when they are 3 feet from me. I can’t hear them when I’m in a building and they are running around the wooden roof, or across the metal floor of the carrier, or anything else that you would think should make some noise. Heck, the Boardwalk on MW3 was so loud you could hear people almost anywhere on the map, but this is just super quiet. I like having Dead Silence on so I do not have to hear my own footsteps, but I don’t know that it makes much of a difference as a strategy against the enemy in game. In other words, my impression is that using dead silence + awareness + perk 3 greed gains me no advantage over the enemy and costs me 3 slots.

What do you guys think? Do I need to adjust my sound settings perhaps?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Do I have problems with my hearing? Empty Re: Do I have problems with my hearing?

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 am

Well I have been able to hear people with my TB which are the same as yours, I've actually heard and killed you a couple a time when we were play HC FFA the other day. Now I have noticed that I can still hear my own footsteps with dead silence on, but they are really faint. now when there is a ton of stuff going on all the sounds kinda mix together. I have My Blackops settings on headphones under game settings on. I do agree that the enemys footsteps are not as loud as previous games, but they are there and I haven't tried awareness.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Do I have problems with my hearing? Empty Re: Do I have problems with my hearing?

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am

COD titles have really nerf-ed

footsteps saying it gives people an unfair advantage as compared to people who cant afford a nice headset (which is BS i think)

so even with my 7.1 headset im really not able to hear footsteps untill there to close as it is..... were as like in halo i can hear were there coming from and so on ....

there is a perk i think its a red that makes footsteps louder and makes it more like it was back in cod4
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 am

Headsets have always given an advantage. It's silly for games to start changing things now because of it.
That being said over the years I have noticed a huge increase in people using headsets. I see a whole lot more 'random' turn around kills happen now than 4 years ago.

On topic: I do hear footsteps. Especially on metal surfaces. Also helps a lot on whatever that big map with the wrecked plane in the middle is. It's set on a cliff side on a moderately steep incline. I always hear people running up the trail on that map.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am

What sound settings do you all have? I think mine is the default, and I am going to change it over to Headset to see if I can tell a difference.

Like I said, I can hear the footstems but they have to be really, really close. It's maybe enough time to get your gun up and ready, but not to flank or do any kind of maneuvering. I would guess its 10-12 feet at the most. I would say I can hear reloads and stuff a bit more, but not the footsteps.

~mrmiller

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 am

@miller i would change it as it does help telling the game you play like on a 5.1 or 7.1

---------------------------------------
OMG i just noticed i never switch my headset back to 7.1 was running it in music mode for more wub wub XD

that might help myself
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm

so what did you find out mrmiller
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm

I didn't use my headphones last night, and decided to prestige again, so it will be awhile before I have the Awareness perk again to try it out.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 am

I switched my settings to Headset and played both with the surround sound and my headset last night. I think it made it a little better, as I could hear people above me in the ship, that I don't know I could have before.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Richie Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:51 pm

I saw you had a birthday recently, when people get that old they start losing things, ya know?
S7 Richie
S7 Richie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Richie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down