Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E-Class Builds

+4
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
Lickwid Apex
DeadSockPuppet
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

E-Class Builds - Page 2 Empty Re: E-Class Builds

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:08 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Pharaoh wrote:I believe I've narrowed my choices down to the 77 Firebird or the 79 Camaro. American Muscle...baby.

I need to do some work on them and get some road tests in.

Hit me up any time. I am playing a lot of Forza lately so I would be happy to help out or do some test races.

Sounds good. Thanks.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm

AtrumX wrote:Oh god these tourneys are slowly turning in to "let's get a drag car and keep it on the track long enough to find a straightaway"
I'll see you guys in my little smart cars/tuners! Lol

T-Bird was quick no doubt. That never translated into anyone else rocking drag cars. Evil or Very Mad I'll be in my smurf car. Blue MK1. Only a few tweaks left and it will be all set. The Beetle was going to be my go-to ride this time, but it proved to be too slow in the longer runs.

I probably won't be online tonight, but you can count on a straight up practice room Thursday night. bounce
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I bet that Skyline GT-R is a fun car, I might have to take a look at that. Not sure if anyone is going to be on tomorrow night but I'll be tweaking and testing tomorrow.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 pm

I think I won my 1st race with that GT-R, granted it was on New New York, wins a win though.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Yeah the C1 is great for hot lapping or extremely curvy tracks but I have a civic that should hold up nice most anywhere.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 am

AtrumX wrote:Yeah the C1 is great for hot lapping or extremely curvy tracks but I have a civic that should hold up nice most anywhere.

I had the same thoughts about my C1 for the F class but I tried working on to make a good one for E class and just couldn't get the speed I wanted so I dropped the whole thing. Besides, I was able to make a grip class on my '40 Coupe that has lat g's of like .82-.86. I know that's higher than needed for this class but it can really help me for tracks that have a lot of curves, since I'm not the best driver.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Yeah the C1 is great for hot lapping or extremely curvy tracks but I have a civic that should hold up nice most anywhere.

I had the same thoughts about my C1 for the F class but I tried working on to make a good one for E class and just couldn't get the speed I wanted so I dropped the whole thing. Besides, I was able to make a grip class on my '40 Coupe that has lat g's of like .82-.86. I know that's higher than needed for this class but it can really help me for tracks that have a lot of curves, since I'm not the best driver.

Yeah I'm a little conflicted as to whether I should go with my faster car everywhere to not lose ground in the straights, or stick with my handling ones. I have to hit each corner perfect to stay ahead that way. That also means I HAVE to pass in the corners. So I'll be testing in some real races (online or with clan) to try to decide.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 am

Don't forget that we are having a practice night Thursday. Perfect time to test your cars against the clan. Unless you are Puppet and have to work. Sucks to be you bro. J/K - Just hit me up some time. I will be racing pretty much all week.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 pm

S'alright. I'll race who I can and if nobody is available I'll hot lap and race events with a harder AI to simulate traffic as best as I can. Might try to hit some online races but I hate getting in rooms with crap randoms that screw everything up in the first lap.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 am

Had a good night testing with Zak, Kenny, and Pharoh. I was surprised by how much I'm liking the Corvair I built and then just discarded without really trying. It's a pretty solid base and I've messed with the tune a bit so it's a possible back of the pack contender.

That being said I might go back and tinker with my Stradale to see if I can tame the handling a bit without taking off too much speed. It's got tons of speed and ok handling but because it's so small and light when it really gets moving it can get a bit loose and sloppy in the turns.

However, all things considered I may stay with the Coupe because I'm having a tough time trying to match the hot laps I posted with it using any other car. I've got a couple good tunes and it's an all around solid car that can take a beating and not really be phased.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 am

It depends how you want to run the race puppet. I've gone both routes, and changed up for specific races, but you basically have two options:
A) Choose a solid hot-lapping, reliable car that you know you can post the same time with just about every time.
B) Choose a car that is FAST either in acceleration or top end and try to survive the corners and players and finish higher than normal.

Option A requires some luck. If you post consistent times, and you aren't the fastest on that track, someone else has to mess up. Even if you're essentially tied as the fastest, you have to rely on traffic, wrecks, or something to get you a higher placing.

Option B is risky. You have to hit all the corners just right, avoid wrecking yourself (and others) out, and capitalize on all your strong areas. The bright side is that if you don't wreck yourself you will probably finish higher than usual. On the other hand, there's a much higher chance you will wreck, and a much higher chance you will wreck someone else out making them mad as well.

I've had success both ways. My opinion is that lower classes: go with the fast car. If you choose a handling one you have to hit every corner perfect to have a chance. A fast one still isn't that hard to drive in the lower classes. As we move up test the grounds and see what you can handle.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am

I am torn myself. The Jag is clearly faster. Better acceleration and will actually get up to the top end quickly. Plus it's not terrible in the corners and I can put up some amazing laps with it. But the GT-R just feels better around the track. I tweaked the tuning last night and got it right were I want it. It's not slow by any means but I am just afraid it won't hang with Apex's cars (which launch and accelerate like crazy).

Frankly I am leaning towards the GT-R. Tonight will be a great test and I can't wait.

Here is a pic...

E-Class Builds - Page 2 GTREClass1
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am

GTR looks good man.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:45 am

I got the same advice from Apex and Zak about running the faster car and I'm probably going to do that. I'm just trying to pick which one.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I got the same advice from Apex and Zak about running the faster car and I'm probably going to do that. I'm just trying to pick which one.

Keep in mind that they're a bit biased. Do a lot of test drives and make sure you can keep the car in control before using them race day. It's also my opinion that everyone should tune their own car.

From my experience tuning prowess increases with driving skill, until you get to a point where tuning cars is easy as you know what to change to have what effect.
Bought or traded tunes always remind me of those players that are new to MMOs buying a high level character. They have all the power they need but they didn't put in the time and experience the events to get them to that point; resulting in silly deaths, miss-use of abilities, etc.

That being said tuning takes time (especially at first) and getting some help is completely understandable.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to use the tuning calculator as a base this season and then tweak the cars myself, as opposed to last year when I just used the calculator.

Also, I've started using RWD, and for these lower classes some FWD, cars to have a wider selection of cars to choose from and I'm finding it a lot more fun to test and race cars. There's a lot more cars to choose from if I don't require my cars to have or be convertible to AWD and I have extra points to use on upgrades when I don't spend them on conversions.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 am

Ok, MK1 is stupid. Interceptor and I went toe to toe in the mile drag for giggles last night. After a MILE.. I was only a few tenths of a second slower. That shows me a couple of things. One, I CAN TUNE IN FORZA!!!. Two, I might be able to sacrifice a little umph for a little more grip. Might take it to the higher end of .79 lateral G's in the 100 mph range. After about 90mph the MK1 starts to get really really squirmy on sweeping turns. And if I can keep my foot off the gas in shorter turns there won't be as much drifto maximo which seriously slows things down.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 am

The Citroen C1 is out, new hotness is in Twisted Evil
lat g's just about 1.1, and it accelerates faster/slightly better top end.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am

AtrumX wrote:....new hotness is in Twisted Evil

And what is this new hotness?
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 am

Lickwid Apex wrote:
AtrumX wrote:....new hotness is in Twisted Evil

And what is this new hotness?

Sticky's mom.... sshhheeee'sss quuuuiiickkk! Very Happy
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
Sticky's mom.... sshhheeee'sss quuuuiiickkk! Very Happy

Lulz.

Apex, I'll show you when we're on next.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:47 am

So I got some good tips from Atrum for how to pass, how to take turns, and for racing lines in general. Thanks for the help Atrum. He and Pharoh ran a couple races with me and we got to do a little testing. I think the Bug will work well with the short tracks and could possibly get me a podium depending upon who races and if I can race near perfect.

I also built an Élan. Before everyone starts screaming Leaderboard car, Atrum had a good point about these cars: I didn't post a top 20 time in the car so it's not really a Leaderboard car for me.

I understand that it's kinda OP but if the guys at the front of the pack truly are the best drivers they should be able to take any car in the same class and beat me. I really like the car's speed and how it handles, but I'm not set on necessarily using it. I like the idea of having a car that's probably going to be very competitive, even if it is a Leaderboard car.

Now that I've said my piece, let the sh*t talking begin about Puppet's Leaderboard car!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Apex car so OP leaderboards can't even handle it Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 am

Its not too OP. It won't hang with you guys on the short tracks. Not like I need it to. Luckily, I'll get some seat time in the afternoons this week before the races on Wednesday and maybe, just maybe get a tune that will corner better.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am

Lickwid Apex wrote:Its not too OP. It won't hang with you guys on the short tracks. Not like I need it to. Luckily, I'll get some seat time in the afternoons this week before the races on Wednesday and maybe, just maybe get a tune that will corner better.

Lol just giving you a bad time. I've got a fast car and a corner car that I'm happy with.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next