Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto racing fans???

+2
racecardriver23
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

Auto racing fans??? Empty Auto racing fans???

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Anybody here into auto racing? Particularly NASCAR and/or F1? Just curious to see if anybody is since I don't think I've ever seen anything mentioned about either on here. Those are my two favorites to watch and the F1 season so far this season has been incredible!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Auto racing fans??? Empty Re: Auto racing fans???

Post by racecardriver23 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I still watch some NASCAR every now and then, some of it has gotten to commercialized and boring to me but some of the races are still fun to watch. Plus I'm in a season long race league with about 150 others and run a weekly pool down at the yard so that keeps it more interesting.
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 pm

I think Epic might be an F1 fan, I thought I remember him saying something about that a while back.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I think Epic might be an F1 fan, I thought I remember him saying something about that a while back.

He definitely is. F1 and Soccer, he is from England.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes, I am an F1 fan and this season has been great. I'm a McLaren fan, so I'm a little sore about Bahrain but I think we'll be ok...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:23 am

Unfortunately for me I have no home countryman to root for so I've become a fan of Jensen Button. Lewis Hamilton, however, seems to be a bit of a whiner. I actually like his driving style but his attitude turns me off to him.

As far as McLaren goes, they seem to have the best overall team this year but terrible luck. If they could just get their sh1t together I think it's their year to run away with it although Red Bull isn't going to go down without a fight.

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:50 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Unfortunately for me I have no home countryman to root for so I've become a fan of Jensen Button. Lewis Hamilton, however, seems to be a bit of a whiner. I actually like his driving style but his attitude turns me off to him.

As far as McLaren goes, they seem to have the best overall team this year but terrible luck. If they could just get their sh1t together I think it's their year to run away with it although Red Bull isn't going to go down without a fight.

I don't see anybody running away with it tbh. Tyres, track temp, etc. all seem to be a bigger factor than ever.

I don't think Lewis is a whiner, a lot of the interviews are straight after the race and as a natural racer, if he doesn't make the most out of having a good car beneath him, he'll be a little bit disappointed. Pretty much all the drivers are like that. I don't like Vettel but I'm looking forward to see how he handles not having a huge advantage over everyone. Sure, he won Bahrain but he got enough of a lead straight away that it was hard to keep pace without destroying your tyres in the extra heat.

If McLaren get the Mercedes 'Super DRS' on the car soon, I could see them getting a good advantage. The Mercedes and Ferrari engines are the fastest in a straight line, and given that Lewis is the fastest of the Merc-powered drivers and Ferrari having a less-than-stellar car, we could see him taking many, many poles.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 am

I know I'm way late to the party on this one... but I do watch just about everyone auto racing...

NASCAR - I do my best to watch every race, however as boring as most of the 1.5 cookie cutter tracks can be, I normally sleep thru part of them...

[soapbox]I grew up on short track racing and I think its something that NASCAR needs to get back to... I understand NASCAR in wanting to expand its fan base west to Fontana/Las Vegas/Texas etc... but look at all the empty seats every week... they are watering down a product that used to be the exciting EVERY WEEK... [/soapbox]

F1 - I do my best to watch F1 races... at least the starts... especially in the rain... BY FAR one of the most exciting events in racing... I have trouble getting into F1 though... I'm American, if I don't have that person to cheer for it makes it hard for me to care.... Also without an American track on the schedule for a couple years (They should have been racing at Watkins Glen all these years)... then hearing sh1t about companies spying on each other and complaints about blocking etc just kinda ruins it for me... its too much drama for me at times....

However if i was to associate myself with someone it would be Michael Schumacher... He always had the Dale Earnhardt aura to him and I liked that... and I do love me a good Mercedes...

As for IRL - I will watch once in a great while... I used to have more interest in it just to hate on Danica Patrick... but I have the Busch Series for that now... (Nationwide... whatever... its always gonna be the Busch Series to me).

I normally keep tabs on the World of Outlaws (Late Models more than Sprint Cars) and the bigger Modified races... don't get to see too many races unless they're on SPEED... Mostly watch those to see who I still know...

Example: Tim McCreadie (a big name Late Model driver) grew up and raced locally (son of Dirt Legend "Barefoot" Bob McCreadie)... when we were still racing when I was younger, I watched a lot of races with them, etc...

Same with watching like the end of the year 200 at the Syracuse Mile is always cool too... Seeing people that I actually raced with in Microds (Karts) back in the day, keeps my interest and what not...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu May 10, 2012 2:17 pm

There is a US GP in Austin this year, then there's two next year, Austin and New Jersey, also, the Canadian Grand Prix...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

S7 Epic wrote:There is a US GP in Austin this year, then there's two next year, Austin and New Jersey, also, the Canadian Grand Prix...

And I live in Austin!! Doing my best to be able to afford to attend the race! I'll hate myself if I don't. The track is literally only 30 minutes from where I live in North Austin.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu May 10, 2012 3:00 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:There is a US GP in Austin this year, then there's two next year, Austin and New Jersey, also, the Canadian Grand Prix...

And I live in Austin!! Doing my best to be able to afford to attend the race! I'll hate myself if I don't. The track is literally only 30 minutes from where I live in North Austin.

I don't think it's too expensive for the tickets, I think I remember them saying they were going to price them relatively low as they are VERY keen on trying to 'break America'. $70 for the race weekend seems to ring a bell... which is pretty decent, tbh.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 11, 2012 6:05 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

I don't think it's too expensive for the tickets, I think I remember them saying they were going to price them relatively low as they are VERY keen on trying to 'break America'. $70 for the race weekend seems to ring a bell... which is pretty decent, tbh.

Just took a pricing survey and the lowest they went on "General Admission pricing" was $150 and also said that there would NO individual day tickets. All tickets would be for the 3 day event. I find that hard to believe and imagine that response on the survey isn't going to be too positive.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Wow, that's pretty pricey for their first attempt at a GP. Maybe there'll be a concert and stuff too, like the Singapore GP.

For £499, I was considering going to Monza for the Italian GP. Tbh, I think I'd miss the TV coverage. The only GP I'd actually go to would be Monaco, which I fully intend to do when I have the $$$. Perhaps Silverstone...but I've raced it myself a few times, so the appeal isn't really there unless I know McLaren a shoe-in for a 1-2 finish.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Wow, that's pretty pricey for their first attempt at a GP. Maybe there'll be a concert and stuff too, like the Singapore GP.

For £499, I was considering going to Monza for the Italian GP. Tbh, I think I'd miss the TV coverage. The only GP I'd actually go to would be Monaco, which I fully intend to do when I have the $$$. Perhaps Silverstone...but I've raced it myself a few times, so the appeal isn't really there unless I know McLaren a shoe-in for a 1-2 finish.

Just posted on Facebook from F1 Austin...

"Tickets are not for sale just yet, but be forewarned that 3-Day General Admission ticket prices for the F1 United States Grand Prix will be between $150-$600 depending on location."

So the cheapest possible seating anywhere on the track will be $150 a pop. Looks like I may just be sitting on the couch watching this one even though I'm just up the road. I can't justify that kind of money. Pretty much a huge bummer.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down