Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KoA: Reckoning Review

4 posters

Go down

KoA: Reckoning Review Empty KoA: Reckoning Review

Post by DerangeMaverick Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 pm

This is my first review on a game and since some of you wanted to know here is mine.

Story:

The story to me is original. This game story is just great. You are a fallen warrior who was killed. You are revived through the Well of Souls. Since then the story takes you out to experience the world. The main quest are just what any other game questing, it will tie in you with the rest of the world and what is going on. Every thing you do affects the outcome of the game via your choices. You end up having the ability to fateshift. What this does is that you now control your fate and the fate of those around you. You are no longer tied to the restraints of what the fates had in store for you because now you are the essence of fate itself. Trying to remember who you are, you go on quest helping different people. Helping the Fae who are beings of pure magic who don't die but reincarnate after death, you help three different houses. Wont tell you what happens after you do but it is definitely intriguing. The story over all keeps you addicted the game. As you can see i haven't been on much playing with many of you due to this game. I loved it and I would love a sequel where the main character(you) can continue the store ala Knight Chronicles.

Gameplay:

This in itself is just great. Its is open world. You can explore the whole d@mn world with out a problem at any time. The Main quest can be put the the side and you can do side quest. You can do other quest just depends on what you feel like it. The main problem i had with gameplay its that at times it was glitchy near the end for me when you have a force of over three helping you it slowed down and almost got me killed. There is a problem when running low on health most of the times in games you'll get warned here you just don't realize it till your on the grown being pissed on by the enemy. controls for me were very easy and simple to get used to. There were a few hiccups just because im not sued to using the RB/LB buttons and this game makes it sort of mandatory. The upgrading system is great but i will warns you now, if you want to be a melee fighter focus on upgrading that, I say this because there is certain equipment that you cant wear if your under points in finesse, sorcery, melee you cant wear it so just make sure you know what you want to do, although you can drop the cash and reset all of them and use them to how you want later on. This is what i plan to do next is just focus on my melee.

Graphics:

Graphics are good, they are definitively up to par to new games. I loved them there were a few problems mostly with the cinematic areas where it seems like Ashley Simpson back on Saturday night live again. The glitching during times at battle with over 5 characters on scree at times. At times using certain magic ability glitched the graphics. Im sure fixable with a patch.

Overall:

Overall i loved this game and for me to say it its means alot. I don't play alot of games and few games keep coming back like this game has. The replay value alone will be great as i didn't finish all the side quest. I loved this game and would recommend it to anyone!!!.

Over all score would be

9/10.
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : DerangeMaverick

Back to top Go down

KoA: Reckoning Review Empty Re: KoA: Reckoning Review

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks Mav. Nice write up. I have this in my GameFly Que, so maybe I'll get it soon.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Probably one of my top games to play after ME3
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 am

Sounds like a pretty solid game. Does anyone know if you DL the demo and play it do you still get the bonus stuff for ME3?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:58 am

if you download me3 demo you get a bonus set of daggers i believe
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 pm

You get bonus daggers for KoA or ME3?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 pm

for koa
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 am

That's what I thought, but I thought I remember reading something about getting special armor in ME3 for playing the demo of KoA.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down