Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim Discussion

+8
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 OC
S7 Panzer
S7 Nate
S7 Coolhand
S7 Interseptor
S7 mrmiller
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Skyrim Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Discussion

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:33 pm

I had the same problem. Fortunate, the nightingale hood looks bad ass and that is what I wear.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:58 pm

Yeah I used to use the novice hood which boosted my mana for the few spells I used but I switched to the thieves one because I'm refocusing my character to concentrate on thief/assassin skills. I'll just have to bust ass to get the nightingale gear so I can ditch the fail hood. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a patch that fixes this.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

okay, due to obvious reasons (the hectic Holidays) I was not able to buckle down and play this as I'd previously stated. I will however begin my quest.

That is all... jocolor
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am

I have recently seen another epic kill animation. one involving a dragon. Now that my character is of a stronger level I kill some dragons easily and with the slow time shout It showed my character jump on the dragons head and repeatedly cut the side of it's face till it died. Epic win. I also did a little of my own myth busting and tried to jump onto the back of a dragon (pretty much drop bear him) from a cliff above. But it was a total fail. You know how when you kill a dragon you can walk through it? Well it was the same with the live dragon I dropped from the cliff straight through him and to the ground to my death. Good thing I saved before I jumped.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 am

S7 OC wrote:I have recently seen another epic kill animation. one involving a dragon. Now that my character is of a stronger level I kill some dragons easily and with the slow time shout It showed my character jump on the dragons head and repeatedly cut the side of it's face till it died. Epic win. I also did a little of my own myth busting and tried to jump onto the back of a dragon (pretty much drop bear him) from a cliff above. But it was a total fail. You know how when you kill a dragon you can walk through it? Well it was the same with the live dragon I dropped from the cliff straight through him and to the ground to my death. Good thing I saved before I jumped.

Um, you have to have explosives strapped to you when you Ali Ali Ahkbar or it doesn't work.

I've got an update to the vampire/thief hood glitch. When I upgraded to Nightingale gear, I found out that I am able to wear both the thieves hood AND the Nightingale hood (as long as I put on the thieves hood first) and my character gets the benefits of both hoods (skills and armor). It seems as though the glitch uses only the armor and skill bonuses for the thieves hood and doesn't register that it takes an armor slot to use. And, because the glitch makes it look like you're not wearing a hood (when just wearing the thieves hood) you're character looks "normal" when wearing both. Again, not sure if anyone else has run into this but I thought I'd share.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 am

Here's Puppet...

Skyrim Discussion - Page 2 Skyrimt
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote: When I upgraded to Nightingale gear, I found out that I am able to wear both the thieves hood AND the Nightingale hood (as long as I put on the thieves hood first) and my character gets the benefits of both hoods (skills and armor).

I must try this out when I get home.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote: When I upgraded to Nightingale gear, I found out that I am able to wear both the thieves hood AND the Nightingale hood (as long as I put on the thieves hood first) and my character gets the benefits of both hoods (skills and armor).

I must try this out when I get home.

~mrmiller

Yeah, it works. I am currently wears 4 hoods I think. I wear the thieves guild, master thieves guild, random hood I found questing and the nightengale hood. 4 seems to be the limit on the glitch and some other hoods won't allow it at all.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Nice! but you can still only wear one necklace or ring, damnit I wanted to Mr. T out and OG
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

@Klown-pretty close! Very Happy

@Zak-Good to know that I can find more hoods to wear.

I finally finished the main Thieves Guild quests, became a Nightingale, took over the guild and restored my Nightingale powers. I celebrated this by buying my second house, the manor in Solitude. And while trying to do this I got tied up in half a dozen side quests that I completed. This game is way too addicting!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 am

I didn’t do the hood thing (but I did see it worked) as I don’t like the attributes on them compared to what is on my dragon scale helm. Plus the helmet gives me the armor bonuses so I can rock about 900 armor rating with light armor, and with the hood I’m down barely above 600. I guess if I found several hoods that I could enchant with the proper attributes it might be worth using.

I’m very surprised some times where a quest will lead me. I was doing one last night that seemed very minor and insignificant, but it turned into a deadric quest with tough boss fights and big rewards.

I think I’m about ready to start on either the main quest (still have not been the see the Gray Beards) or pick a faction to side with. Does picking a faction first change the main quest line any?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Picking a faction changes the main story line because you can only do one. If you have both open, once you pick one side the other side's intro quest fails and you're locked out of it. Also, there's some differences on which sides of battles you're on and which locations you protect/defend. I hope that answers the question without really putting up any spoilers. If I remember right, didn't you say you got the strat guide Matt? If you did, there's more info on this in there. I chose the Imperial side and I looked to see what I would be doing with the Stormcloaks if I chose that side.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Well, I just finished the main story and all major questlines. Total time- 273.48.53 Shocked

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:48 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:Well, I just finished the main story and all major questlines. Total time- 273.48.53 Shocked

~mrmiller

Sweet mother of god I have a long f*cking way to go. Weren't you trying to power thru the game too? I've been bouncing between Zak style pick a direction and roll with what happens and the "traditional" fast travel and power questing. Right now I'm in the Blackreach working on finding the Elder Scroll. The game is starting to get to be a little like a chore so I'm probably going to start free roaming and doing whatever to get away from the chain completing of quests.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Yeah, I just finished the main quest line from my 1st character. Still have a few things I want to max out on him but for the most part I am satisfied with what I have done. It took my roughly 155 hours to complete. Main Story, Thieves Guild (100%), Dark Brotherhood and Imperial side of the Civil War. (And a whole lot of getting lost in the game along the way).

Now it's time to create a new character and do the other main quests I haven't touched yet. This character is going to be a fighter nord type. I am going to do the Companions, Warewolf, Stormcloak type of stuff. Should be fun. And I still have to make a full on mage character too. Get ready for round 2!!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I wish I would have left some of the storylines for my second play through, as right now I only have the Imperial side of the revolution I want to do. I will pick up the other quests I never did too, so I think I'm going to retire this character so as to have plenty of new quests for my 2nd one.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Sounds like everyone is moving right along. I'll have to remember to leave some stuff to do on a second character. I'll probably hit the rest of the main quest and I've been looking to get into the Dark Beotherhood and then pick a new character.

I'm thinking my next character might be a fighter/mage. I don't think I'm truly interested in playing a full on mage and sometimes being a brute just doesn't get things done. I'll probably burn that bridge when I get to that point. For now, more sneaking around with the vampire!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:51 pm

So I've finally gotten around to starting the Dark Brotherhood strand and now I'm trying to decide between the Nightingale armor and the Brotherhood armor. I like the combat bonuses that I get from the Brotherhood armor (great for assassinations) but I don't like that the set is like 20-30 points less in total armor. I have both sets of armor as fully upgraded with my blacksmithing skill being well above 100. I, also, have the bonuses from the Light Armor feat that improves your AC further for complete sets. Anyone else have any suggestions on these sets of armor or possibly another set that I'm overlooking?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Well, I was in a similar boat. The Dark Brotherhood armor was nice with good bonuses but I just liked the overall look of the Nightingale armor. I ended up just sticking with the Nightingale armor for the rest of the game. Honestly, the armor is rather moot eventually. I am pretty sure I could kill an entire bandit camp wearing nothing but a loin cloth at this point. I would say to go with what you like the looks of best.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:35 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, I was in a similar boat. The Dark Brotherhood armor was nice with good bonuses but I just liked the overall look of the Nightingale armor. I ended up just sticking with the Nightingale armor for the rest of the game. Honestly, the armor is rather moot eventually. I am pretty sure I could kill an entire bandit camp wearing nothing but a loin cloth at this point. I would say to go with what you like the looks of best.

That's kinda my thoughts too. The Nightingale armor is pretty badass and looks much more menacing than the red and black leather of the Brotherhood armor. I'll just have to find similar items to deconstruct and build my own custom badass set of armor.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:48 pm

I always just go with what I like the looks of. It's not an MMO, and I'm not playing with the difficulty on max so no reason for me to bother with stats.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:49 pm

I'm an old school D&D nerd so I have a little stat maxer in me. I usually like to go with looks over stats but I was kinda curious as to how things were playing out with others.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2