Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim graphics are...

+4
S7 Vision67
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Epic
S7 mrmiller
8 posters

Go down

Skyrim graphics are... Empty Skyrim graphics are...

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Well, when I first started play Skyrim, I was underwhelmed to say the least about the graphics. In my opinion Fallout looked better, and it was in a post apocalyptic desert. Then I read this:

http://www.1up.com/news/skyrim-360-graphic-issues-addressed

And with some research it appears there is a problem with all the textures loading if you install it to the HD. The first thing I do before even playing is installing to the HD. So I deleted and cleared the cache, and low and behold it looks amazing. Sometimes when it loads you see the first layer of textures, then the second layer load and "pops" in. That never happened before, and I was stuck with the low res version the entire time.

So if you have it installed to the HD, you may want to remove it until a patch is released. The game is going to be fun either way, but it's much more enjoyable when you can see all the detail and you don't feel like you are playing on the PSone.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Skyrim graphics are... Empty Re: Skyrim graphics are...

Post by S7 Epic Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm not impressed by the graphics. They're pretty much the same as Oblivion and the draw distances are terrible, not to mention things like plants and foliage.

At the end of the day, I'm more than willing to overlook these things because the game is truly awesome. I just hope that for TES 6, they'll fully utilise the Xbox 720 technology and deliver a game that excels in all areas.

Edit - Wrong TES #

Last edited by S7 Epic on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:09 pm

[quote="S7 Epic"TES 5[/quote]

Que es esto?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:TES 5

Que es esto?

The Elder Scrolls Part 5

He meant to say Part 6. Skyrim's full title is "The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim".

Before that we Had "The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion" and "The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind"
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:31 pm

S7 Epic wrote:I'm not impressed by the graphics. They're pretty much the same as Oblivion and the draw distances are terrible, not to mention things like plants and foliage.

At the end of the day, I'm more than willing to overlook these things because the game is truly awesome. I just hope that for TES 5, they'll fully utilise the Xbox 720 technology and deliver a game that excels in all areas.

You need to go back and actually play Oblivion again. I actually played Oblivion a few weeks ago to get ready for SKYRIM!!! This game is way ahead of Oblivion. Not the best looking game out today but frankly it looks amazing all things considered. Especially with how much detail there is in the environment and how varied it can be. Tons of stuff going on at any given time and 16 sq miles of open game world. Personally, I am very impressed wit the game and the graphics.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Well, I didn't mean exactly the same, just that for the time, they're just as unimpressive (probably less so) than what Oblivion was at the time.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 pm

I though the game looks great the massiveness and details were jaw dropping when I first saw the it after the opening sequence.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:52 pm

I think just finishing up a sequence of Rage, Dead Island, and Battlefield 3 might put a damper on other games graphics and those are top notch for this gen.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Meh, BF3 is the only one of those I played. Skyrim looks it's best when you see the epic ladscapes (despite sh1tty draw distance) and having made those before. I know how easy it is to make that kinda stuff look good. So, I tend to judge on how things are a little closer up and in that, I find Skyrim to be lacking.

I guess that there's just so much in the game that they didn't have time to model everything to the same standard. Plus, that engine must be getting on a bit now...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 am

S7 Vision67 wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:TES 5

Que es esto?

The Elder Scrolls Part 5

He meant to say Part 6. Skyrim's full title is "The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim".

Before that we Had "The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion" and "The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind"

That's why I was confused, because I knew Skyrim was TES 5.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Draw distance is the only gripe I would have, but I understand that a bigger draw distance radius could lag the processors. I'm very impressed with the graphics in general. Remember Urial Septum in Oblivion? This is how he looks in Skyrim now. Skyrim graphics are... Oblivion-skyrim
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:26 pm

TES games have some of the worst hair that I've ever seen in a game.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:27 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Draw distance is the only gripe I would have, but I understand that a bigger draw distance radius could lag the processors. I'm very impressed with the graphics in general. Remember Urial Septum in Oblivion? This is how he looks in Skyrim now. Skyrim graphics are... Oblivion-skyrim

Careful bustin on Urial Septum. He is Dragonborn after all. LOL! But seriously, I never noticed how much he looked like an old lady LOL! Still, the graphics are much improved and I think the draw distance is pretty good also. Especially for the major landmarks. On a clear day, you can see mountain ranged from across the map. Texturs and trees pop in from time to time but it's not that bad.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 am

I do understand exactly what you guys are saying about the graphics, especially on the micro level but I still continue to be impressed with the graphics, detail and just overall look of this game. I was playing yesterday and had an experience I wanted to share with you.

I was walking through a snow covered forest at sunset yesterday and was absolutely blown away by the scene in front of me. The sun was low on the horizion and shining through the snow covered pine trees with a light amount of snow falling and the effect was nothing short of amazing. The trees were shining a brilliant silver when hit by the sunlight with a bit of a "god light" effect bleeding through the open spaces and in between branches. And perhaps one of the most impressive parts to all of this is that is was not a scripted event. It just happened. It wasn't made specifially for me and there is no way to recreate that moment exactly ever again. It was a passing moment in a living world so masterfully crafted that I am continually blown away by this game every day. This is absolutely the Best Game of the Year for me. Maybe the last 10 years.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:15 am

I gotta stop being lazy and play the d@mn thing personally so I can tell who's blowing smoke and who's being honest about it. I bought the game last Saturday and played 2-5 mins. tops Embarassed
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:21 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I gotta stop being lazy and play the d@mn thing personally so I can tell who's blowing smoke and who's being honest about it. I bought the game last Saturday and played 2-5 mins. tops Embarassed

And pick up a new mic while your busy not being lazy. I had to mute you again the other night. Wink
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:43 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I was walking through a snow covered forest at sunset yesterday and was absolutely blown away by the scene in front of me. The sun was low on the horizion and shining through the snow covered pine trees with a light amount of snow falling and the effect was nothing short of amazing. The trees were shining a brilliant silver when hit by the sunlight with a bit of a "god light" effect bleeding through the open spaces and in between branches.
And then a dragon dropped on your head and ate you... the end.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:46 pm

LOL! Actually not 500 feet later I was fighting 3 Frost Trolls (no easy feat) but that is part of the beauty of this game as well.
Surprisingly, I haven't seen any trolls yet - I see lots of troll skulls and books about trolls, but no trolls.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down