Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice, please and thank you

+10
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Atrum
S7 Coolhand
S7 DROOPY
S7 Epic
S7 Sticky
DeadSockPuppet
S7 OC
S7 mrmiller
TheatricalPyro
14 posters

Go down

Advice, please and thank you Empty Advice, please and thank you

Post by TheatricalPyro Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:02 pm

So to be an active member in this awesome clan; I need help getting better. I'm not bad, but I'm not good. My play is a 5 most of the time. Can you guys share some 1st player advice? Especially for COD. BO was my very first shooter. I mostly camp and I'm good at it, but I would prefer not to be known as a camper.
TheatricalPyro
TheatricalPyro

GamerTag : TheatricalPyro

Back to top Go down

Advice, please and thank you Empty Re: Advice, please and thank you

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Know the difference between camping and defending. Playing with the clan in opjective based modes, you need defenders to hole up and protect the base/flag/objective. The cool thing about MW3 is it actually rewards these types of players!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:37 pm

In all honesty get a xbox 360 play with the clan and you will learn to play as a team player. That will get you away from being a lone wolf camper.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:24 pm

The guys are right. When we run against eachother and the public there's different niches that need to be filled. Some guys naturally gravitate towards being assault troops and some towards defenders.

I'm kind of like you in that I'm a 4/5 on my gaming level so I try to do whatever is needed. I'm really good at the meatshield/bullet magnet rabbit role but I can defend too. While it sucks to be killed a lot, sometimes we need a sacrifice to draw out enemy defenses in order to take a point, especially on Domination type modes were you can die a lot more.

Depending upon what role you're looking to pick up, there are probably like 10 guys that play that way in COD that will be willing to help you. You'll really start to see members of the clan come out of the woodwork as this clan tends to gravitate around COD games. While that's obviously not all we do, that's what drew me to this group and I played only those games with these guys for a long time.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:36 pm

best way to win not matter how cheap it may be

find the most OP gun and set up an roll with it !!!
what ever works best for you be it camping/run n gun /support
do it

but really all fps are the same so if your having fun in bf3 then mw3 you will like as well..
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 pm

If it's a game type where you need to defend an objective and have limited lives. Find a good choke and camp the hell out of it OR if the team already has enough guys defending, then try and sneak around the flanks, getting some easy kills and taking out their guys in strong positions.

In games like TDM where you have a little less responsibility towards a particular objective, then you should learn the maps, learn chokes, common routes, etc. Use that to your advantage, get a few kills in one spot, then move on to another - you don't want to be predictable.

Also, when you're choosing spots, don't be afraid to try new things. You'd be surprised at some of the places you can sit and guys will just run straight past...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Here are my tips

Learn the maps, choke spots and cover spots on the maps
Find two or three guns and get real good at them and know if that gun is good for that map or game type

Communicate as much as possible with your teammates the location of the enemys

Know the maps landmark buildings and domination spots

Shuffle your camping spots

Use the radar

Use your granades to flank enemys toward you
Use flash,conc, and smoke granades to detect enemys by there hit markers and sounds

Don't run around looking through the sights on most guns, cod games have an auto aim function sort a, when u see an enemy, pull the trigger to aim down the sights and the game will move the gun toward the enemy, so alt between sights and hip views often. Also if the enemy is close, start shooting as your bringing up the iron sights

Know your perks and how to use them

Really get some headphones, any are better then none, as long as they are stereo they will help, you can really hear what direction people are coming and where they are at

But really if you play with good teammates you will get better overall
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:50 am

Flak jacket, slight of hand, silencer, communicate, memorize the maps.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 pm

It's also worth noting that there is a big difference between being good and roflstompin the public. I have a lot of friends that Have kdr's above 3 and go 50-5 all the time but when they try game battles or play a serious team get owned because all they know how to do is kill noobs.

Learn the maps, where the good angles are, an the "death zones". From there just work on positioning an map awareness (knowing where your team is, where the other team is, and where both teams are spawning, and where they are pushing.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Personally I'm the runner/gunner in most games. Perhaps it's just my personality, but I like being the front man or achieving the objective in capture the flag, etc. There's a time and place however for either and it takes more discipline to understand that your strong suit maybe to hold a position once captured. Don't consider it as a camper! It's really learning more of what the team needs at the time and listening to the comm. chatter and providing support no matter what's needed. The more you play with the clan you'll see and understand what everyone is and as you run in groups will learn to be ready to provide the needed support. For instance, I know that Sticky is a blast-master and will kill nearly everyone so watching his back isn't necessary. My job when running with him is merely to achieve the goal (i.e. get to the flag, etc.) as he has my back while running across the bridge etc. What I'm saying is you'll learn your niche and what you're good at quick and we'll in turn learn your strength and weakness and be there to support you. That's the beauty of playing in the clan-- we all know what the others are thinking, and as soon as they say something we take our prospective corners for support. Don't worry about it too much, you'll get it. Oh, and I'll tell you now playing with these guys will elevate your game no matter what because we have great players and playing "clan practice" against them is harder than any group of random n00bs. After leaving a few clan practices you'll be more comfortable and realize that you can face nearly any public group and personally win with ease. I say personally because you still can't stop the guy that's AFK or the guy running in a circle shooting the ground...so you may still lose but your personal K/D will improve greatly.

So, with that said I'll leave you with a simple video lol!