Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3 Beta Launches Today

+11
Shuntentatsu
S7 wonky
CorpsMan889
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Big M Easy
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
S7 Interseptor
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 Beta Launches Today - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Launches Today

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Will be on tonight.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 Beta Launches Today - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Launches Today

Post by S7 Big M Easy Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Snipers were rampant as usual since it's a one or two shot kill. Depends on game mode but on rush they just hang back and pick you off so not too much fun if your a run and gun kid. Things do change a bit once the points change and they can't long shot ya. I enjoy it and will pick it up so I have something to pass the time till mw3 pops off.
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Big M Easy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Big M Easy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:21 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Will be on tonight.
Same.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by CorpsMan889 Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm a little skeptical right now about this beta...I feel its a tad late to be finding out that people can randomly fall or dive through parts of the map, hit detection is hit(longer ranges) and miss (closer ranges), and to be honest the graphics are not what anyone was being advertised. Albeit, they were advertising PC graphics on every video we've seen but I feel duped in seeing the exact same graphic design as in BC1 and 2...It's still a solid game and I've had a lot of fun playing it today, but to be honest I feel like this would have been a great Beta 2-3 months ago...not 3 weeks from launch date.

CorpsMan889
CorpsMan889
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : CorpsMan889

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

ive been having a good old time with it the graphics are pretty good , um yeah every video you see it says "PC" on it so every one knows the game runs great actions smooth and the knife need some work but over all i'd rather be playing this then gears ( for now)
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Just so it's clear and understandable: This beta is just that, this is the version that was released months ago. most of the bugs and glitches that are present are probably fixed by now.

Since it's a beta go to the Battlefield site and post your opinions, you'd be surprised how many developers actually change things with the game based from feedback they get from an official forum.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah things like falling through a map are very easy to fix (usually). I haven't gotten to play the beta yet but I've been a battlefield fan forever and will be picking this up at launch.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Was trying to download the game today at school. It required me to make an Origin account. "Currently Unavailable" sigh..... d@mn YOU EA...
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Dl the pc version right meow cant wait to play the pc beta ...

xbox beta was fun at lvl 24 right now great times
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:48 pm

just played a good hour of the pc beta on ultra getting 70fps

and got to say alot nicer looking on pc then xbox which is not big surprise as we all know the pc was going to look better but my god freakin\' sexy on pc

going to upload a small clip but if you played the xbox one u can see how much your missing out on.. i suck at fps games on Pc BTW might need to pick up an xbox controller for pc so i can use it

Last edited by S7 Sticky on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah, it's really getting time for a new console to release. 5 years is a Loooong time for hardware to go without an upgrade.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:53 pm

AtrumX wrote:Yeah, it's really getting time for a new console to release. 5 years is a Loooong time for hardware to go without an upgrade.

agreed thats why pc are always win
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Big M Easy Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Yeah but an xbox costs about as much as a graphics card and hard drive for a regular pc.......
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Big M Easy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Big M Easy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 pm

S7 Big M Easy wrote:Yeah but an xbox costs about as much as a graphics card and hard drive for a regular pc.......

that is true its alot cheaper to game on a xbox
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 pm

And I prefer the ease of use, controller, and overall community.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Forgot to leave my xbox on today to DL... taking forever.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 pm

im not the best fps PC gamer but watch in 1080p freakin\' sexy
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:35 pm

I’ve been playing on PS3 and it looks pretty good, IMO. I didn’t go into this beta w/ outrageous expectations – since it’s a beta version of the game. I think that’s the problem w/ most doubters I’ve read about – expectations are too high. Clearly, the vids advertised were from the PC version but I think the console versions are on par w/ what console hardware can provide us.

Being new to the BF series, I see myself having a great time w/ this game. Personally, I’m excited to get away from the ‘run-n-shoot’ mentality of COD and get back to some good ol’ fashion communication and tactics.

The sound is amazing. It feels like you’re really in a battle. I dislike the matchmaking but as long as you’re online w/ some friends, I don’t see that being a big deal. The weapons list is nice, pretty much what you’d expect from a modern FPS. Initially, I didn’t think the rush game mode was worth it but after a few runs, I really started to enjoy it. I’m excited fellas.

Who’s picking it up? I plan on picking it up on the 360. It'll be cool to get back into the mix w/ my clan mates..
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 am

Graphics were fine by me, but I still really dislike the lobby system. I only played about an hour and a half, so I'm still judging it. Feels like more of the same from the Bad Company games, but I liked those too. I'll be getting the 360 one, and almost have mine payed off.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:23 am

I will be getting this no hands down it takes some getting used to but this is only a beta so i'm sure any thing problem wise wll be fixed or already has remember this beta has been out for months and no lie I cant wait to get into a jet...
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:57 am

Played a couple rounds and liked it pretty good.....looks kind of the same but as mentioned above...it's still "Just a Beta"....I'll pick it up at launch
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 am

I played for a few hours last night and I absolutely loved it! Like Miller, I think the lobby system needs a lot of work. We need a game lobby where we can all get together and launch into a game. Perhaps the final version will address this but I kinda doubt it. It kinda sucks that functionality isn't there and may effect clan matches, practice etc... But that is my only real gripe with the game. Anything else can be chalked up to "being a beta".

Now for the good stuff. The game itself is really good. I should start by saying that I am relatively new to the Battlefield games. I played a little bit of Bad Company and Bad Company 2 but not much. I was originally turned off by the fail lobby system that seems to plague almost every BF game. The vary same gripe listed above. Well at any rate, I am pretty new to the franchise and this is the first one that I am going to buy. Controls feel real comfortable for me. I had no trouble getting in and pwning kids. I played with Kenny for a few hours and we were destroying the other team. The map in the beta is huge and really fun to play. It took a little while to start to learn the map because it is so big. Fortunately I did start to learn my way around and I completely fell in love with the gameplay. It is such a nice break from the run a gun feel of the COD games. Kenny and I would ninja almost all the way up the map, hiding in bushes and belly crawling. Secure the base and move on to the next one. It was great. You can run and gun to some degree but this game really rewards the cautious and tactical player. It reminds me a little of the old GRAW days playing siege. Good times.

Graphics? Look fine to me. I am not sure what everybody is all on about. It looks good. Destructible environments, trees falling, sh1t blowing up and it held a steady frame rate and looked sharp. Plus it's a beta. But even if this was the final product I would be fine with it. I think it looks as good as anything currently out on the console and that is good enough for me. Does it look better on the PC? Yes, but so does pretty much every game out there. I play on a console so I compare to console titles and I thought it looked really good.

Sound? I know it was said before by OMG!!! The sound in this game is seriously amazing. I mean I have never heard anything sound even remotely this good. Ever. And I am somewhat of an audiophile. You would swear you were in a real firefight. The sounds of the guns both up close and far off are spot on. Bullets whizzing by, grenades exploding, mortars, trees falling and walls crumbling. It is an unreal experience, especially with a good headset or surround sound system. This is something that every gamer should experience and the best I have heard in any game.

Conclusion? So to sum it all up, the game is really good. The party system (or lack there of) is garbage. Oh, and rolling in a good squad is amazingly fun. I am buying this for the 360 and look forward to it very much. Not sure what kind of support we will be able to have in terms of clan matches etc... but I can promise that it will be a lot of fun to play with a few friends and that is good enough for me.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:34 am

i for one am already payed off and will play the hell!!!! out of this game
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 pm

I played for an hour or so last night. Exactly what I expected. As a BF vet it's pretty funny seeing the massive amount of people sniping. Somehow word got out that snipers have a huge advantage, so a lot of new people are sniping that don't know how to play the other classes. Lots of easy kills there lol.
Graphics look great. I think if it were any other game no one would have ever brought up the graphics, but the PC version does look more impressive. Then again if I play SC2 on my computer (about 5 years old) and then boot it up on the ridiculous PC I built for a work buddy there is an even bigger difference there.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:15 pm

I tried to get in last night but for some reason it just kept saying connection lost. I gave up and played Gears instead. Will try again tonight.

If you guys are in send me an invite...maybe easier to "piggyback" my way into the lobby/room. Not sure why it didn't connect.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next