Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILER ALERT ... Tips for SP

2 posters

Go down

SPOILER ALERT ... Tips for SP Empty SPOILER ALERT ... Tips for SP

Post by Air7Cav Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Note: All that follows is relative to my playing solo at Normal difficulty. Higher difficulty levels may change some aspects. Also, I went through without using the Guide - it is that intuitive as to what to do or wheer to go except at a couple of places.

BLUF - there is resolution to this story. Twisted Evil

1. Always keep a Lancer - either Retro or new model. It comes in handy to succeed in certain chapters.

2. Always find and use a power weapon, i.e. Scorcher, Boom Shot, One Shot, Mulcher, HOD, Mortar, Vulcan. They are critical in certain engagements for victory.

3. Your AI will do a lot of work for you so don't get in their way.

4. Stay near your AI as best you can so they can revive you and you will need it in certain missions.

5. Always look for the flank (only exception to #4). Critical else the battle will turn into a fur ball quickly because the enemy AI are aggressive and your AI can go down.

6. GoW now has their version of "zombies" - much nastier.

7. The enemy I hate the most (sure kills - there may be others):

a. Corpser (all variants) - I hate spiders in real life too. The Mother - go for the eyes. All the others bigger than the babies - this is where power weapons come in handy unless you are lucky enough to get a close range shotgun blast off.
b. Armored Kantus - real MFs and they make you pay every time. Extremely hard to kill unless you time it correctly. Power wpns allow you to wear them down. Once they start to scream, hit them hard with power wpns or a perfectly timed melee - focus on the face.
c. Serapede (centipede thingies) - Totally armored so the trick is to use a grenade or power weapon to take off a rear section. Although it is still alive and functioning, you must shoot it in the rear (aim for the gooey parts). Each good hit will knockoff another rear section until you work your way up to the head.

8. Gnasher shot gun is a beast. Great for indoor battles when things are up close and personal. The aggressive enemy AI make this much more fun than previous GoW.

9. One-Shots will kill anything!! Problem is that sighting is a b#$ch.

10. If you see a catapult, use it. 'Nuff said.

11. Cleaver is fun for a while, but don't get wedded to it as the enemy AI are near perfect shots. Try it once then move on.

12. Torque Bow - not a fan but the enemy AI are deadly with it. See any equipped with it, make them a priority by putting some rounds in them to knock them off their aim. Otherwise you will get tagged by multiple shooters.

Guess that is enough to piss off some of you. Laughing
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

SPOILER ALERT ... Tips for SP Empty Re: SPOILER ALERT ... Tips for SP

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:15 am

On a side note:
Armored Kantus - Tag with a Frag grenade. On easier difficulties it's an instant kill.
Serapede: Melee the back end. Each section blows up after being meleed. You can alternate hitting 3-4 sections with a teammate and they're easy.

I usually avoid power weapons unless A) there is a very obvious use or B) I can grab replacement ammo. It really doesn't matter on casual but when I'm going through on insane I really can't afford to be stuck there with no ammo in a boomshot.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down