Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

+5
Atrum
S7 Epic
S7 OC
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 pm

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Ladies and Gentleman we have arrived at the A-Class. Only 2 more Tourneys left this season and things are closer than ever...

Forza News -

Last week was the B-Class Tourney and things have really started to heat up. Turnout was a little on the low side (7 of us in total) but the races were as close as ever. This also marked the debut of SockPuppet in his first official Tourney with the clan. Congratz on a good race Puppet, you did very well for your fist time out. Keep it up and you'll be racing with the best of us in no time.

At the top of the standings was an all out battle between Glock and Wiggles and as usual it came right down to the last race where Wiggles took the gold and the B-Class Champion title for Season 3. Congratz Wiggles, well done. Due to some bad luck early on, and some bad racing on my part, I had a really tough start to this tourney finishing in 6th and 5th place for the first 2 races. This proved to be a crippling blow to the night and as much as I tried, I just couldn't catch the leaders. I finish in the top 3 and won a few of the races after my bad start but it just wasn't enough. Right there with me was Epic who was having a good night, with some bad luck as well. Epic and I battled all night and he ended up finishing just a few points behind me. Good racing for sure. Sticky also seemed to be a little off and had some bad luck as well and found himself fighting all over the board. Some of the races he was battling the front of the pack and others the back of the pack. All in all he finished just above OC, who incidentally was having a very good night. In fact, OC got his first podium last night finishing 3rd on Sunset Infield! Congratz bro! Rounding out the field was SockPuppet. As I mentioned earlier, this was his first event and it's not easy out there. He did very well and gave it his all for every race.

It was some great racing and a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who showed up. At the end of the day the final standings looked like this: 1st - Wiggles, 2nd - Glock, 3rd - Interseptor, 4th - Epic, 5th - Sticky, 6th - OC, and 7th - SockPuppet.

Overall Season Standings are as follows...

Interseptor - 43pts
Wiggles - 38pts
Sticky - 27pts
Epic - 22pts
Glock - 18pts
Kenny - 17pts
Atrum - 11pts
Coolhand - 11pts
OC - 11pts
Pooty - 11pts
Chippy - 9pts
SockPuppet - 3pts

It's still amazingly close out there! Wiggles has made up some ground and closed the gap on first. Epic has moved back to striking distance of Sticky and Glock is rapidly moving up the pack. The top five are sure to do some shifting as we close out the season. Can Wiggles take first? Or will I hold on to the lead? Only 5 points separate us and only 2 races left to go! Can Epic catch Sticky and finish the season with a podium? 3rd place is up for grabs and only 5 points separate them! Plus Glock threatens to ruin the whole thing and move up to take 3rd for himself. Kenny is sitting nicely in 6th right now but anything can happen and just below him is now a 4-Way Tie for 7th! Atrum, Coolhand, OC and Pooty are all fighting it out to see who is going to finish on top. The rest of this season promises to be a good one. Stay tuned as the tense Season 3 rolls on...

----------------------------------------------------------------

So, with that out of the way, let's move on to A-Class! One of my 2 favorite classes. I literally wait all season for these last two classes to come along. We finally have access to pretty much any car we want. Everything from the Japaneses Tuners to the Italian Exotics are up for grabs and any way you chose to go the cars are FAST! Parts, tuning, car choice and driver skill all come together to see who has what it take to win it all. You have to be at the top of you game of you want to survive here and with the standings as close as they are, this promises to be an epic showdown. Tensions will be high and some wrecks are sure to shatter dreams. You're not going to want to miss it. A-Class, here we come!

Here are the details for this event:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday July 21 , 2011
Time: Qualifying starts at 8:30pm sharp Eastern Time (if necessary)
Car Class: A-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: Random - Player based
# of Races: 7
# of Laps: TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track. The person with the most points will be the A-Class Champion for Season 3. Your overall placement will go towards your season standing.

PRIZES:TBA

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 am

Oh God... Puppet's racing! That's right, I'm going to mark this one on my calendar and try and "adjust" the work schedule so that I can make this tourney and race really, really fast... at the back of the pack.

As with the B-class tourney, I'll probably be on a couple of nights trying to create some solid A-class cars, especially since I'm not really that familiar with that class. If anyone is looking to test out a new car, hit me up if I'm on and I'll be there to be pwned.

I look forward to racing and actually being able to earn some points, since my 2 points came from another driver getting torn up. Oh, and that douchebag that's probably coming into the turns hot and using your bumper as a brake... that will probably be Puppet!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 OC Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 pm

My a class ride 2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6
S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Cf

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

I'll just use whatever's on the leaderboard. Viper SRT10 for A-Class is it?

Nah, j/k. It'll probably be the Zonda I usually run with. That thing grips like a demon and is great for overtaking...though might not have the raw pace to put me in contention with Zak, Glock & Wiggles...i'll have to do some testing and see.

Will take something with a little more top end too, in case Nurburgring or Le Mans come up.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:23 pm

That's a pretty machine OC.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 am

While I appreciate the sympathy point, I only received 2 pts in the B class tourrney, 1 pt from 6th place in race 6 and 1 pt from 6th place in race 7. I think it's only fair to update the record here and on the forza news post.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:07 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:While I appreciate the sympathy point, I only received 2 pts in the B class tourrney, 1 pt from 6th place in race 6 and 1 pt from 6th place in race 7. I think it's only fair to update the record here and on the forza news post.

No no Puppet. The Overall Season points are different from the Tourney points. Finishing 7th place in a Tourney nets you 3 points so you are all good. Points remain the same no matter how many people show up. Here are the points earned for placing in a Tourney...

1st = 10pts
2nd = 8pts
3rd = 7pts
4th = 6tps
5th = 5pts
6th = 4pts
7th = 3pts
8th = 2pts

(and showing up for qualifying will net you one point for participating even if you don't qualify for the Tourney.)

These points are added to your total after every Tourney depending on where you place and determine your overall standing in the season.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Ah, thanks for the info. As that was my first tourney I hadn't really been aware of how the point system works. Now say one qualifies for a tourney and finishes 8th overall, would they get 3 pts for the tourney, 1pt from qualifying and 2 pts for 8th?

Now I just need some time to put together like 3 or 4 A class cars and get them tuned so that I might have something for a couple different types of tracks and I'll be good to go for this tourney.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:07 pm

No, extra points for qualifying. If somebody fails to make it through quali, they get 1pt for showing up. Otherwise, the points are as Zak listed.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 pm

I suppose I better show up so I can pass Kenny in the season standings.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm working on hitting many of the tracks that people have been listing so that I might have a better chance in the races. Also, I've been retuning my cars using that more advanced tuner that Glock posted and I seem to be getting some solid cars.

Right now I'm working on some peculiar vehicles and hopefully I can get a couple of them ready for the tourney cuz I'd like to roll something odd for at least a race or two, in honor of Wiggles looking for something other than AWD Audi's. I look forward to meeting everyone on the track and might be on for a bit tonight tuning cars.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm pretty sure this is gonna be my car for the tourney. I'm still running hot laps and running it on a wider selection of tracks to see how it performs, but I really like how it's working out so far and it is a good balance of speed and acceleration. It won't be the fasted car but it should help me keep competitive, I think. The pic isn't the best but I'm still learning how to work with the pics in Storefront (the actual pic is on my Storefront and on my online Forza profile).

2004 Lancer Evo 8 MR
Photobucket" alt="" />

DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Very nice job Puppet. It certainly looks the part. Keep putting in the work and it will start to pay off.

EDIT: Now we need to get you an official #. For example I am #3, OC = #2, Wiggles is #78, Glock = #18, Sticky = #69 etc... Pretty much everyone has their own number. You need one too and then you can add it to your rides.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:33 pm

I always do 12 if I have time to custom paint. The Evo 8 is an interesting choice, I've always tuned the 9 for A-class but should definitely be fast.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Then I'm gonna snake 42 if nobody is using it, cuz that's what 8 use for everything else.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am

Murrica! WRX STI - Can keep up with my LP640 so should do fairly well. Need to make a short and long track version too.

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Merica
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:39 pm

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
Rear Wheel Drive Goodness !

S7 Forza 3 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 FlyingLizAcls
Naught to 60 in 3.63s
Naught to 100 7.7s
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:29 pm

I think my Porsche is faster...

Shame I can't say the same about my driving, lol.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

My STI is about the same as that glock. with .1 for 60 and 100.
My LP640 was faster but the handling was a pain.

Also, Epic if you're going to be there I'll throw down a 1v1 challenge. Higher placement in the tournament wins.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:31 am

Yeah, i'll be there.

Fancy getting in on the action Sticky? Us three are pretty much the 'midfield'.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:03 am

Sounds like there might be a bit more action in the A class tourney. I'm working on a second car to back up my Evo 8. I really like the Nissan 307Z. I'm still working on the paint/decal job, but I'll try to post a pic up here before the tourney, if I can. I have yet to really put it thru it's paces but I think that it will be the car I use if we get a track that has more room to "stretch one's legs" so to speak. The Evo handles like a dream (when I'm paying attention) but the 307 has the speed that I couldn't shoehorn into the Evo. I look forward to meeting everyone on the track and maybe I'll actually be able to earn my points. OC I'm gonna be gunning for you this time!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:28 pm

Here's my probable "backup" car:

SPMS Nissan 307Z #42
Photobucket
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Most wanted feature for forza 4:
Upgrades, Tuning, and painting via Forza Website.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:42 pm

There'd be far too many sync problems.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Upgrading parts and tuning? I really don't think that would be too difficult, especially for the tuning. I could see how the upgrades would take more effort as you have to take discounts that have been unlocked from singleplayer in to account, but tuning really shouldn't be a big issue.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next