Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3

+7
S7 Glock
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Sticky
S7 Epic
Atrum
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Interseptor
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 am

and to add to the comment Epic made... "Fun"

that's exactly it for me...
Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Lambo, VW, Ford = the vast majority of cars we've used since Season 1... nothing wrong with that but there are sooooo many used/never even attempted to use cars...

I just want to try something new... keep it fresh... but still know that I would be competitive

I've tried in the past which are fun, but hard to actually complete with...
DeLorean DMC-12 (Though I did win with this car, but it was a track without a long starting straightaway, so that AWD boost didn't matter)
'94 Honda Civic (FWD)
'73 AMC Javelin (RWD)
'87 Buick Regal (RWD)
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (FWD)

I wish we could have a race where EVERYONE brought a different car, not like forced to bring a different one.... but because there were those other options available

That creativity/choice is really fun for me
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 am

I think Wiggles has a good point and my suggestion for Forza 4 would be to have tourneys like the tourneys you choose from in the career mode. Generally, between the major class tourneys each year, you have 2 or three tourneys to choose from and each has its own restrictions.

Instead of just having a class specific restriction, we could also restrict drivetrain, body style, manufacturer continent, etc. to make our tourneys more like playing the career mode. I know some of us, me included, tend to only pick the tourneys that work with our favorite cars, however, every once in a while there's a group where I have to choose a car style that I'm not used to because I need to meet the requirements of the toureys I can choose from.

Rather than ban AWD because it's "noob-like" (kind of like banning noob tubes and launchers in COD) I think we should create a more diverse selection of tourneys and tourney restrictions that encourage drivers to use a wider range of cars. I would also like to have a tourney where drivers can pick a different car for each race (more like career mode) or where all drivers have to use the exact same car with the exact same tuning (which levels the field and leaves course knowledge and driver skill to determine the winner).

If we can vote on our top three courses that we would like to run, why can't we vote on all aspects of the tourney and what restrictions should/shouldn't be involved. Someone made a comment about having a demo derby like race where running people over is encouraged and I think that would be fun. Utlimately, for each tourney, I think that the only thing that should be non-negotiable should be the class and that all other restrictions, if any, should be determined by the participants.

I'm just talking here...
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:35 am

Kinda an add-on to my above comment, there's some cars that I would love to try and race (like Wiggles) but I just completely ignore them since they don't have the option to be AWD.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:11 am

Hey wiggles and sock, good points , and why don't you just host your own Forza race
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:13 am

That's an idea. Call it the WigglePuppet Cup!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 am

I think mixing up some restrictions for each season would be cool.

Maybe start Forza 4 as normal and then progress to having the aids off, locking to stock cars, hell, maybe even semi-auto transmission (Manual would be a nightmare for anyone who didn't have a wheel w/ a clutch).
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 pm

I switched to just manual a couple weeks back. I've always avoided it because I don't drive manual in RL so I assumed it would be hard. It's way easy. On the 2nd lap of my test drive for my b-class car on Mugello Club I took off about 3 seconds from my best time with auto for that car. Manual w/clutch would be more difficult but no clutch is easy.

On the main topic, I won't be able to get online until about 7:30 MST (10:30 EST) so guess I'll be missing the races. If there's room when I get on I'll join so send me an invite if there is.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I will not be there this evening. Gotta hang with family from out of state. Seeya next time, and good luck all.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 pm

All good points here but I gotta wonder where all of you have been for the past 2 years? We have been doing different races for a while now. Remember every event in the late night series? RWD only, Classic Car Tourney, Toyota vs Honda, SUV's only, Pink Pony's (RWD), convertibles only etc... We have JFF events every season as well including stock car races.

I have no problem with any of this and it is definitely fun. But I also like a Tourney with NO restrictions. That is why I do the Season the way they are. Remember, no 1 person runs this division. It is a team game and anyone can set up a Tourney or series. For me? I run the standrd series and I prefer the series to be non restricted. Anyone can race anything they want, including RWD etc...

That's just me I guess. Running these things takes a lot of work so I do it the way I prefer. Plese feel to start up a new one with whatever rule you want. I'm down for whetever and would be happy to race in them.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 pm

oh and here is my b-class car...

2010 Audi TT RS
S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 TTBClass2
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I look forward to watching all of these pretty cars pass me by... maybe I should bring my camera. I hope everyone brings their A-game and that we have some good clean races.

As for the last 2 years, I've only had the game a couple months because I wasn't really into racing. However, now that I picked it up I can see why you guys spent so much time playing it and I can't wait for Forza 4 to hit.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:All good points here but I gotta wonder where all of you have been for the past 2 years? We have been doing different races for a while now. Remember every event in the late night series? RWD only, Classic Car Tourney, Toyota vs Honda, SUV's only, Pink Pony's (RWD), convertibles only etc... We have JFF events every season as well including stock car races.

I have no problem with any of this and it is definitely fun. But I also like a Tourney with NO restrictions. That is why I do the Season the way they are. Remember, no 1 person runs this division. It is a team game and anyone can set up a Tourney or series. For me? I run the standrd series and I prefer the series to be non restricted. Anyone can race anything they want, including RWD etc...

That's just me I guess. Running these things takes a lot of work so I do it the way I prefer. Plese feel to start up a new one with whatever rule you want. I'm down for whetever and would be happy to race in them.

All the race you're talking about were wrecking encouraged and redic restrictions... I'm talking clean racing no AWD... And of course you can race RWD and FWD in the normal series... If you don't wanna be competitive

If anything it is VERY RESTRICTED right now... You want to complete? Well here is a handful of cars with AWD that we've all raced for the last 3 seasons...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm

I think his point is that anyone is welcome to start hold races that are no AWD, the reason the main season is Open is so that anyone can use any car they want. I know I've raced AWD cars since the beginning in forza because I like fast acceleration in my cars.'

My opinion is I like the way the series is now. I don't see any reason why we can't have the Open tourney (this one), a RWD tourney, and any other tournies someone wants to start up. If not many people show up to race for a different one it's because they don't like it, pretty simple. So try starting up a no AWD one and see how it goes. If a lot of people show you've got yourself a series.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 pm

My time zone pretty much rules me out of the JFF stuff, so for me the actual Tourney is the one I care about. I'm not looking to see Honda Only races and stuff like that in it, i'd just like some system of keeping it fresh. Maybe have TC allowed some seasons and not in others. Same for ABS. Maybe some seasons we allow tunes, others, maybe not. Hell, we could even do some custom-PI classes, so instead of running at full 600 PI A-Class, we run at 550 instead.

I know theoretically we can all start various tournies but the thing that makes the Forza one special is that it is the only one that really counts.

If the Tourney is kept fortnightly for Forza 4, then I guess we could give alternate weeks a try for other stuff. Personally, i'd like to see a 'Formula S7' series. All racing spec'd out Clio's, where the only difference is the tune and the paint job.

Forza 4 is gonna bring a lot of new stuff, so we'll have to wait and see, really, but there's no harm is discussing stuff now.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm surprised more people haven't stepped up and agreed with me... The only people who really have, havent even really had time to get sick of the AWD cars lol...

And there is no way a second series is going to be able to compete... We've had trouble getting a full regular series lately...

I like change... Since the end of the Late Night Series Forza has been more of a hassle to me than fun... Spent so much time in season 1 & 2 trying every car I could to find my "best" one that there is nothing new as an AWD choice... It's just hard to get excited for watching the leader drive away... Well maybe it's just me...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:39 pm

AtrumX wrote:I think his point is that anyone is welcome to start hold races that are no AWD, the reason the main season is Open is so that anyone can use any car they want. I know I've raced AWD cars since the beginning in forza because I like fast acceleration in my cars.'

My opinion is I like the way the series is now. I don't see any reason why we can't have the Open tourney (this one), a RWD tourney, and any other tournies someone wants to start up. If not many people show up to race for a different one it's because they don't like it, pretty simple. So try starting up a no AWD one and see how it goes. If a lot of people show you've got yourself a series.

This is pretty much exactly what I am saying. Plus unfortunately you can't please everyone. Start racing RWD and what about the people who like to race AWD or FWD. Bottom line is that someone is always going to want something else. At least by leaving it open you have a choice. You can say it's restrictive but it really isn't. I have raced RWD cars in the past and did pretty well.

@ Wiggles - Also, several of the JFF tourneys were standard rules, clean racing etc... Only the late night series stuff was full contact.

@ Epic - Keep in mind that in 2 years we have managed 3 official series. It is not likely that we can run a whole bunch of series in Forza 4. It is probably a better idea to run a series of special events. A whole season of custom 555 pi races would get pretty boring.

By doing things like we are now, we get some variety by doing each of the main classes and giving everybody a fighting chance at winning. I have tried to keep things interesting ove the years but it's not easy. Truly welcome someone else running a series for themselves. Set it up, keep it organized and I will be happy to show up and race if my schedule permitts.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Also, I have always tried to keep it interesting for myself by choosing a new car for eve season/event. I never race the same car twice so it is always interesting to see what I haven't tried. Plus I don't see the problem. If everyone is racing RWD we will all still have the same launch so what's the difference? Once we all get moving it's all the same.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:47 pm

And there will be cars that are superior to all the other RWD cars.
I threw up a poll to gauge interest in different days of the week. Honestly if any day gets fairly strong (6+) interest there's no reason not to start another series.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 pm

I like racing awd cars if you said ban awd cars I would probably not race in to many of those races. There are tons and tons of different awd cars in forza 3 are the some great rwd/fwd cars yeah there are but I don't like driving them as much.
Why would you want to ban something like awd just makes no sense.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Let's just switch our official racing game to F1 2011.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Wow, this tourney thread is getting pretty heated. Hopefully some of this fight comes out tonight. I pretty much don't care what the rules and regs are for the tourneys cuz I'm probably gonna be racing from the back in every race, but I like to spark the conversation and see what the vets think about different types of tourneys and rules/regs.

To me it sounds as though most everyone that races in the series does so because it's open, whereas Wiggles seems to race in it because there's no alternative and it sounds as though there's not really any interest in an alternative (with the exception of Wiggles). I agree with Interseptor that I prefer to race AWD because I get better handling and I need it. I tend to try and tune my cars for handling and acceleration over total speed because I like to rub paint with walls and ride the infields (yeah, sorry in advance if I trade paint with anyone tonight).

On the other hand, I agree with Wiggles in that I like to try and tune all sorts of different cars, many that other drivers wouldn't try, but what's the use if the end result is going to be a car that won't be competitive in a tourney. Last night I spent $120k buying, upgrading, and tuning a car just because I was curious as to what it would benchmark at and how it would handle, however, it's not a car that I'd race in the tourney, rather it's something that I might use in my season if I'm looking for a challenge. In fact, I don't even remember what the car was because when I was done with it I knew I wouldn't use it in the tourney so I went back to clocking laps in my Lexus and Audi B Classers (all three of which are AWD).

All in all, all I'm looking for is the chance to have some fun and get pwned by people that I know, same as when I play COD. I'm not going to win races, but I hope to be able to offer someone some challenge and have some close finishes towards the back of the bus. Like I said above, we could be required to race FWD F Class cars with no tuning and manual w/ clutch and I'd be out there burning up transmission after transmission just to try and win something and listen to everyone trash talking each other.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm

I would like to point out one thing... with practice and tuning, a RWD drive car can smoke the crap out of an AWD car... Loose is Fast.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Maybe on certain tracks but on the whole, I think I'd have to disagree.

If you get an AWD and set the differential to like, 80-90% rear, then you get the best of both worlds and you'll cream RWD's.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Here are the results
Congrats to Wiggles
S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 S3BClass

S7 Forza 3 B-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 S3BClass-1
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Congrats guys
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next