Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

magic jack question

4 posters

Go down

magic jack question Empty magic jack question

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Gotta give some background before I ask my question.
I work from a home office and 4/5 days a week (other day is in the field) I'm glued to the phone. My employer won't pay for my phone. They provided me with a long distance phone card to use and offered me a pager I refused. I'm currently paying for a land line with the same provider of my internet, Cox. Since I'm running my phone through them, they replaced my Motorola surfboard modem with one that runs the phone through it as well, but it has crashed a few times randomly, just reseting itself and kicking me from any game I'm in. I'm also paying a lot extra for this land line (over time) and am trying to find a cheaper option. My business cards already have my Cox land line on them. If I sign up for Magic Jack, can I take my number with me? What would you do? Some of my colleagues use their own cell phones and just block caller ID before each call with *67 but I don't want to do that because I will eventually forget. Thanks for any suggestions.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

magic jack question Empty Re: magic jack question

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I have Magic Jack and have had it over a year and at 20 bucks a year it's a BIG FAT WIN. It works with your internet without any extra equipment. It's a money saver, I was paying about a hundred dollars a month prior to making the change. You can take it anywhere and use it! Buy it, as long as your internet is a good speed it's worth it...Mine is 12 mb down and 1.5 upstream works fine.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Any idea about transferring a number to it or do you have to use a number they assign?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Any idea about transferring a number to it or do you have to use a number they assign?

Yes! check this out!

http://www.magicjack.com/6/faq/
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:18 pm

Cool, I added my number to the "want to port it" list and they will email me when they can do it.
Thanks!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 am

FYI Majicjack isn't the only VOIP provider out there, although they are one of the cheapest.
I use Vonage and I have two lines through them for my business and I have no problems to speak of and have been using them for over three years now.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 am

Coolhand I too have cox cable Internet phone, but I have it on a separate modem, and have no problems! FYI if you or your wife have an indian role card, you can get the Internet phone for $1/month from cox . I Also have an old white motorala modem if ya need it.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down