Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG)

4 posters

Go down

Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG) Empty Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG)

Post by S7 Vision67 Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:56 am

I stayed up ALL NIGHT working on this because the ideas just kept coming and I kept building. So I've worked on it for... *checks clock* 12 hours straight now. Please download it and let me know what you think of it Very Happy

Drowsed is a Medium-Large sized map designed specifically to accommodate competitive play at the highest level. It is a Three Tiered, two main base with two smaller side base map, using nearly every available part (I actually ran out of two categories). It also features a waterlogged bottom level!

Due to the intricate nature of this map, I will also be providing a walkthrough of the map through my own perspective. That will come up in a little bit.

Download Drowsed v1.4 Very Happy

===
QUICK STATS
-x6 DMR spawns (x2 each base side of level 2, x2 on Yellow and Green sides of OS Tunnel (Level 1); 30s Respawn)
-x4 Plasma Grenade spawns (x2 on each base's Level 1 Spiral Ramp; 30s Respawn)
-x4 Magnum (One located directly in front of each base; 30s Respawn)
-x2 Needle Rifles (One located on level 3 in front of both Yellow and Green Bases; 60s Respawn)
-x4 Frag Grenade (One located on each corner of level 3; 30s Respawn)
-x2 Sniper Rifles (One located on the third floor of each base; 2m respawn)
-x1 Rocket Launcher (Located on center level 3 [TEAM SLAYER/CTF/HILL]; 3m Respawn)

===
Coming Soon/In-Progress

Custom Powerup > Overshield?

===
FINISHED MAP EDITS

v1.4
# Fixed some geometry
# Added hard kill zone on top of center structure if you try to jump on the corner ledges to get on TOP of the structure; Standing on the ledges above third floor walkways is still OKAY.
# Added TONS more spawn points, including throughout the whole bottom floor and now includes side bases. Slayer Gametypes should flow a lot better now.
===
RENDERED WALKTHROUGH

===
Screen Shots
[Initial spawn points] Front shot of the base

Looking Outward

The Right Side (Facing outward) of each base features a spiral staircase leading to Level 1, as well as a shield-jump to the sniper nest (where the sniper is located)

The Left side (facing outward) of each base features a spiral ramp-well which can be used to get to snipe nest from this side as well (Glass Cover provides some cover to walk up ramp, but not much)

The bottom of each base features a tac-jump from level 1

Level 1 has water up to the player's waist. No lag or slowdown noticeable in my testing

Center Level 1 has an Overshield, 2 minute respawn, All Gametypes

This is the catwalk system (Level 3) and the center structure. Snipers can still snipe at each other across level 3 Very Happy

This is the view of Center 2. Notice that you can tac-jump on the rocks to get to Center 3 from here Very Happy

Also featured on level 2 is an easy way to drop down into level 1. This will leave you in the corner on the opposite side of Overshield. There are four of these drop downs, one for each corner

Center 3. I fixed the mistake that was producing two rockets, don't worry about that.

Shot of Green Base (Yellow looks exactly the same). The hill will spawn in the center of the base on KOTH

Overhead Shot of the map

=====
Design Philosophy

A Good place to start would be to point out that I worked on this for 10 hours straight. I had the idea in my head to start with the center piece of the level, and the level grew rapidly from there. Initially my main focus was to incorporate the water in forge world on a playable two tiered level, inspired by ImGodLike's level Tempest. As I started to build the tiles surrounding the center, and then the base, it became clear that I could use the three floored base to enlarge the level.

Having read comments on other people's maps, I wanted to make sure that my map got noticed, and stood out from every other two-base map out there on the forums. That's what started Yellow and Green bases. Naturally from that, I started thinking about multiple Gametype implementation, so I started to build accordingly with movement, Lines of Sight, Vertical Variation, and skill-jumps in mind.

When I finished the two floors of the level, I realized I had enough left over pieces to create a catwalk system, so I did. I had to raise my original center piece because it blocked the snipers from being able to see each other.
===
Current Problems

A few pieces are off by one or two markers. I need to go fix them (Noticeably, one of the ramps to Blue Base is off by a foot).

Need to go back and look for Z-Fighting
===

Inspired by ImGodLike's Tempest, and Inspired by the maps Sanctuary, Warlock, and Beaver Creek.

Last edited by S7 Vision67 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG) Empty Re: Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG)

Post by S7 OC Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Looks like a great map

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG) Empty Re: Drowsed - Competitive 3-CTF/Slayer/FFA/KOTH/Ball/Bomb (Symmetrical, 3 tiers! ZOMG)

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 pm

I can't wait to play it...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Amazing Vision!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down