Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Kevin McCarthy - actor in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, UHF, and many more

Go down

RIP Kevin McCarthy - actor in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, UHF, and many more Empty RIP Kevin McCarthy - actor in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, UHF, and many more

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:50 am

He was 96 when his heart gave its final beat. He has a very long filmography you can read at Wikipedia that included Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the original 1956 movie), Innerspace, and Twilight Zone: The Movie, but I remember him best from UHF as RJ Fletcher of the evil VHF channel 8. I love that movie! Here's a few of his quotes:

"I don't know how many time I've told those boys, never call chicks broads."

"You IDIOT! CAN'T you do anything I tell you?! Does THIS look like a Number 2 pencil?!?!"

"You THOUGHT?!?!! I'm not paying you to THINK!!!"

R.J. Fletcher: What's your name?
Stanley Spadowski: Spodowski, Stanley Spodowski.
R.J. Fletcher: [Smiling pleasantly] May I call you Stanley?
Stanley Spadowski: Okay.
R.J. Fletcher: Stanley, YOU'RE FIRED! GET OUT!!!

R.J. Fletcher: This is an embarrassment! A disgrace! What do you think R.J. Fletcher Senior would be saying if he were alive today?
Richard Fletcher: "Help me out of this box, I can't breathe in here. Help, let me out."

R.J. Fletcher:[laughing smugly with a present in hand] Ha ha ha haa, Aw Richard, you shouldn't have.
Richard Fletcher: Happy Fathers Day Daaaad.
R.J. Fletcher:[looks in the box, throws the present back at his son and jumps up infuriated] What is this piece of crap!!! I thought I told you I wanted a ROLEX!!!!! A ROLEX!!!!!

"This community means about as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot!! You think I CARE about the pea-brained yokels of this town?! If you took their combined I.Q., and multiplied it by a hundred, you might have enough intelligence to tie your shoe, if you didn't drool all over yourself first!! I can't stand those sniveling maggots. They make me want to puke. But, there is one good thing about broadcasting to a town full of mindless sheep. I always know I have them exactly where I want them. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!"

"This is a business, not a home for irresponsible pus-brains!"

Invasion is a classic, but UHF was sidesplitting. RIP Kevin McCarthy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McCarthy_(actor)#Selected_filmography
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down