Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans

+2
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
6 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans Empty Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans

Post by S7 OC Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Hate the man or love the man it matters no more George Stienberner has passed at the age of 80.
I never liked him but I do feel for his family and his team the Yankees. From the point of view of myself as a Red Sox fan he was the head of the evil Empire known to me and many others as the New York Yankees. But it is sad to hear the news of any ones passing. RIP George.

They say that they go in threes this makes 2 in the last week from Yankee Nation as the Yankees also lost long time Yankee announcer Bob Shepard.

Last edited by S7 OC on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans Empty Re: Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:44 pm

RIP George Steinbrenner. Died today of a heart attack in his Tampa home. 11 penants and 7 World Series titles... amazing legacy.

Next up for the trifecta, A-Rod due to steroid complications.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans Empty Re: Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm

I choose hate... but you never wanna see something actually bad happen to someone... RIP...

And did you hear people are trying to blame this on Lebron James?

This is no joke... after the Cavs owner made that email statement
(which i'm sure everyone should know about by now...)
basically cursing James etc...

People are linking to the two...
Since James is a hardcore Yankees fan...
and Steinbrenner living in FL... James coming to FL...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Leave it to Wiggles to buy into nonsense hook, line, and sinker. LOL

Anyway, it is a sad day. You're right OC Bob Shepard was one, Mr. Stienberner second...hate to speculate and agree but it does usually come in three's.

In my last defense of a great man, I'll say when a person creates a product (or brand) and it does well...you don't hate him for it. You can't hate Stienberner, he never hit a single home run. He was just willing to listen when his guys said we need this, that or those pieces in the outfield...you should respect an owner willing to do that. The real evil empire is one where the owner has money and won't use it to better his team. It's like a country where the ruler won't feed his people yet lives in a palace. Instead he runs around saying "We're a small market team" when clearly you're not... Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans Icon_rolleyes
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm

RIP even though I hated the what the man stood(which was basically spend more money than anyone else could becausewe have no limit and they do) for I agree with you Klown some what about it's not his fault but but for some small markets out there they really couldn't do anything else but watch Steinbrenner spend the money they only wish they could. Now you got a point he had the money why not spend it but look at it the other way say your the Royals or somebody small you clearly can't take contracts like that unless you want to be bankrupt with no salary cap he was smart enough to put 2&2 together. With that being said though Wiggles is way off he didn't die cause of lebron he died due to David Ortiz winning the HR Derby lol J/k.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah, I understand for real small market teams like KC, but the jab about a club pretending to be a small market club when they aren't was aimed at the Red Sox...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm

S7 Smack wrote:With that being said though Wiggles is way off he didn't die cause of lebron he died due to David Ortiz winning the HR Derby lol J/k.

IT ALL FITS TOGETHER... ZOMG... i bet this is how they get JFK too
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by rol3l3akarel3el Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 am

A~roid lol not A rod
rol3l3akarel3el
rol3l3akarel3el

GamerTag : rol3akarel3el

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Wait...you too Rob? Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans Icon_eek
You're a NJ guy rooting for the Phillies right?
Isn't there some type of rule about that? Shouldn't you be a Mets fan or something at least? Or are you "band wagon riders" across the bridge in NJ? LOL Only in the last two years or so...I don't think I ever remember so many "Phillies" fan before then....not even IN PHILLY!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by rol3l3akarel3el Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 pm

nah ive been true blue since i can remember klown i live about 15 minutes from philly so yeah
rol3l3akarel3el
rol3l3akarel3el

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:26 pm

rol3l3akarel3el wrote:nah ive been true blue since i can remember klown i live about 15 minutes from philly so yeah
Okay, cool...just checking. I grew up in south Florida and made the trip to the Yankees camp yearly as a child. There were no "Florida Marlins" back then, and my dad was a Yankee fan and we'd go watch warm-ups, batting practice, etc. So I just don't know another team like I know them. Remember, this was the days of Catfish Hunter, Ron Guidry, Chris Chambliss, Lou Pinella was in the outfield...etc. Bobby Bonds was on the team. I was watching history and followed them like you wouldn't believe with the baseball cards etc.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I still have a ton of baseball card . To bad they charge an arm and a leg for cars now a day or I think kids would still be collecting them. As a kid that is the only real way to know how a player did stats wise there was no internet to look that stuff up on

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:57 pm

I wish I'd had sense enough to hang onto my baseball cards. I got older, started thinking about cars and girls and totally lost my shoe boxes full of baseball cards. I guess my mom threw them all out, and I don't ever remember protesting. Looking back I had some good rookie cards and others I'd traded for. I don't collect cards now, and don't even care about the money...it just would've been cool to have given them to my son (who would have turned around and sold them probably Sad day for baseball *esp for Yankee fans Icon_mad). And you're right OC, that and the sports page...LOL My two favorites.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 pm

yeah mine are all in boxes and binders I don't collect them any more but still have them. should check the prices some day and try to make me some money.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Maybe I (we) should start collecting again. Infact, maybe we can make an S7 baseball trading section for the forums as a subdivision of sports and sell/trade cards. May not have enough interest, but man would that be cool...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by rol3l3akarel3el Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 pm

yeah i used to have a show box full of cards dont even remember what happened to em all lol
rol3l3akarel3el
rol3l3akarel3el

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down