Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESO Console release delayed even longer...

+4
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
S7 OC
OneBadHuskerFan
8 posters

Go down

ESO Console release delayed even longer... Empty ESO Console release delayed even longer...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:25 pm

First delay was 6 months, now it's "sometime in 2015".  This game has all but fallen off the radar for me, but I guess if they release it in a slow period I'll probably still pick it up.

The Elder Scrolls Online PS4, Xbox One versions delayed to 2015
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

ESO Console release delayed even longer... Empty Re: ESO Console release delayed even longer...

Post by S7 OC Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Yeah I agree it's just kind of like they have to win me over again because right now I could care less about the game.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

ESO Console release delayed even longer... Empty Re: ESO Console release delayed even longer...

Post by Atrum Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah, lots of delays are always less than confidence inspiring. That being said, maybe they're waiting for a 'lull' to launch the game in so people actually buy it. I think they really missed out on a lot of sales by not doing PS4/XBO/PC simultaneous
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:44 pm

6 months before the release date I was very excited.  Now I had lost all track of it with the glut of games coming out right now.  I'm actually OK with it being pushed back again - like Husker said, I may just be looking for a new game when this finally comes out.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Yeah I canceled my pre order and used the money for more important stuff
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:21 pm

At the rate things are going, I'll probably be deep into a 1st or 2nd play-thru on DAI and won't be up for another RPG.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:47 pm

good thing is  it will be free to play as  the pc  is going to that model very soon
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:14 am

Hmmm, free to play might make it worth a rental.  I have more interest in it now.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:24 am

S7 Sticky wrote:good thing is  it will be free to play as  the pc  is going to that model very soon

Where did you see that (officially)?  People have been saying since before the game came out that it would be F2P but the devs have always said it'll be sub based...unless something new has been said by ZOS.  Only thing I've seen is that they are taking away the 6 month subscription.

I'd actually be less inclined to play if it went F2P.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:10 am

Why would you be less inclined?  Because everyone will be playing instead of just those dedicated fans that are willing to fork out extra cash?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:10 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Why would you be less inclined?  Because everyone will be playing instead of just those dedicated fans that are willing to fork out extra cash?

It really depends on how they would implement it.  F2P scares me due to many times meaning you'll be able to buy gear and items with cash/microtransactions and I'm not a fan of that.  If it's ONLY cosmetic items that's fine, but if they went the pay to win route I'd drop it in a heartbeat.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:57 pm

That makes sense.  I just don't see why they can't do something like Destiny.  The model seems to work well for the players and if they had DLC with new realms or new/higher level missions that would be something I'd be willing to pay for.  

I could see the season pass being like a sub instead of a one time shot and then it could be like PS+ or XBL where you get the DLC for free but you'd have to maintain the sub to play the DLC or pay the full price for the parts you want if you drop the sub.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:15 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:Why would you be less inclined?  Because everyone will be playing instead of just those dedicated fans that are willing to fork out extra cash?

It really depends on how they would implement it.  F2P scares me due to many times meaning you'll be able to buy gear and items with cash/microtransactions and I'm not a fan of that.  If it's ONLY cosmetic items that's fine, but if they went the pay to win route I'd drop it in a heartbeat.

Yeah, pay to win sucks.  I prefer to have a cash shop be cosmetic only.  GW2 went cosmetic for a bit, and then they started adding the "really-hard-to-obtain" weapons up for sale.  I just don't agree with that.  Also in free-to-play you see a bunch more gold spammers and attitudes of players tend to be a bit more "toxic" from my experience.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:18 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Sticky wrote:good thing is  it will be free to play as  the pc  is going to that model very soon

Where did you see that (officially)?  People have been saying since before the game came out that it would be F2P but the devs have always said it'll be sub based...unless something new has been said by ZOS.  Only thing I've seen is that they are taking away the 6 month subscription.

I'd actually be less inclined to play if it went F2P.

its been there model of cutting back the amount of time you can pay to subscribe  they used to have 120 day  then done to 90 days  now  they have said there cutting it down to 60 days ...

with other MMO's  when you see this going on  it always leads to free to play  their cutting the sub times down so when the model  of f2p comes   people are not pissed off they have  120 days left   but going to f2p in a month.

plus  like i thought there would be the lack of  Premium end game content coming out  that  made sub  rate drops like a champ . i really cant see  subscription lasting much longer and really dont see it hitting console's at all  they will more then likely do a season pass type  dlc
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down