Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Wake Review/Impression

+4
S7 Epic
S7 Sticky
S7 Zalacious
S7 Smack
8 posters

Go down

Alan Wake Review/Impression Empty Alan Wake Review/Impression

Post by S7 Smack Fri May 14, 2010 7:21 pm

So I just finished up Alan Wake for the first time today, I'm about to go through the game again on Nightmare difficulty seeing as some of the pages to the story you pick up can only be found on this setting but it's totally worth it. This game lives up to expectations to say the least it has great character build up a strong very strong gripping story IMO it might even surpass Bio shock as the best story telling games literally.

Let me start off by saying this game brings you in right from the start your always looking behind you shoulder just to make sure nothing is following you that's how intense it could be at times the voice acting is something out of a movie if you ever like a Stephen horror book or movie well this is exactly how this game plays out, honestly it's like reading a book, watching a TV show, and playing a game boiled all in to one seriously the games epic it's a must rent at least. You play as a writer named Alan Wake and while his main objective is to find his wife there's a lot more to to the story with the twist and turns it takes it's awesome. Your main tool is light but don't let that fool you cause light just makes them vulnerable doesn't fully kill them so there is plenty of shooting to be had you get the standard revolver,Hunting Rifle, Shotgun and pump shotgun, flares, flare guns, flash bangs all to help you along the way and even though it pretty linear there's plenty of searching to be had and area after area looks like your in another place none of that wasn't i just here stuff every area is unique so it actually makes the game world a big place again I don't want to divulge to much I just wanted you guys not to pass this one up it's a great game and deserves the attention it deserves lol. Everything works in this game the lighting the mechanics they all feel smooth and like your in full control the world itself is breathless seriously and it feel like you really in a town in Washington you hear Alan speak about real life people like he references Stephen King a bit he has a Verizon phone instead of something dumb like Ferizon lol it's just an awesome game and I recommend it to all it comes out this Tues. for anyone still living under a rock get out there and play it.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake Review/Impression Empty Re: Alan Wake Review/Impression

Post by S7 Zalacious Sat May 15, 2010 2:42 am

Nice little write up. I am on the fence as far as getting this right away just because of what else is comming out the same day. Still going to get it, but I do not know if I have enough time for two game atm.

Would you say that the game is pretty suspensful?
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sat May 15, 2010 11:37 am

@ Zalacious it is suspenseful cause of how the story is set up IDK if i would buy it, only cause it's a SP game and a lot of MP games coming out. But if you got the extra dough go for it you won't be disappointed I would go for it. I'm telling you it'll feel like your in a good tv mini series by Stephen king It's about a good 10-15 hrs depending if you just go through the story or do a little searching for collectables and stuff of that nature you have six episodes each of them taking up 1-2 hrs a piece at the end of each chapter it closes just like a TV show woul. Then when the next chapter begins it'll again be the same thing as a show on TV would be, it gives you a run down of past episodes, and leaves you off where the last one ended pretty good stuff and something never really done before I say this game delivers when it says it's a true TV experience is the best I can explain it. It sucks if you end an episode right before you go to bed cause it leaves you with that feeling you get when your watching a good show on tv then you got to wait another week to see what happens lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat May 22, 2010 1:44 am

just started to play this now that i finished red dead

so far this game is really fun can wait to play more and see whats going on
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sat May 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Believe me it has a hell of a twist I wont ruin it but it was a good one though. The next episode will be released July 28, for anyone interested. This game is awesome though IMO I hope they keep releasing episodes on a regular basis after they release the first one it'd be interesting for them to keep it going.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat May 22, 2010 9:13 pm

ya just finished it today and you were right smack its an epic story cant wait for the free DLC
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat May 22, 2010 10:17 pm

The twist is that the dude is his ancestor and there's a massive war going on between the templars and the assassins....

...wait....wrong game. My bad.

And if you've not played Peggle, sorry for spoiling the ending for you.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat May 22, 2010 11:43 pm

S7 Epic wrote:The twist is that the dude is his ancestor and there's a massive war going on between the templars and the assassins....

dont see the point but never really got English humor
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed May 26, 2010 1:00 am

Just got the game today and though I only played 30 mins or so, the game is amazing. Only problem is the voice acting, wtf the lip animations look like they are from the Nintendo 64 days. I have no clue how they managed to screw up so badly in that aspect when the rest of the graphics and animations are gorgeous.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 am

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:Just got the game today and though I only played 30 mins or so, the game is amazing. Only problem is the voice acting, wtf the lip animations look like they are from the Nintendo 64 days. I have no clue how they managed to screw up so badly in that aspect when the rest of the graphics and animations are gorgeous.

thats true. I noticed that when i was playing. its like its not synched or modeled properly.

Oh well, its still a beautiful looking game.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Wed May 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah I thought it was just me or my TV but I guess it's not lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu May 27, 2010 9:14 am

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:The twist is that the dude is his ancestor and there's a massive war going on between the templars and the assassins....

dont see the point but never really got English humor
lol burn
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

total agree with smack, I just finished the game last night, probably took me about 7-8 hours,but I didn't read any of the manuscripts(wish you could have selected them and he read them as you play). I found most of the stuff in the game and I played it on the difficulty level above normal. I got 35 of the 50 achivements and just missed about 5 barely. It's a good creepy game that has a lot of oh sh1t moments. Story was cool but I give it an 8 out of ten. I give the whole game a 9. Really reminds me how much fun the horror games are. tip don't horde your weapons you pretty much loose all of them at the end of each episode. Go rent it and knock it out before halo comes out. Its one of the better games that I've played even if Its short.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down