Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Division Beta

+11
S7 mrmiller
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
TheMutatedForm
DerangeMaverick
Air7Cav
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 OC
DeadSockPuppet
S7 DROOPY
S7 Ragnarok
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Division Beta - Page 2 Empty Re: The Division Beta

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:18 pm

Yup I do this all the time for betas pre order and cancel later if I like on I buy digital.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:36 pm

Well I have the code and the Beta is currently downloading and will be ready for me after work
Thanks 'Septor!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:26 pm

played it today and got to say cant wait to see what the full game turns into so far loved the beta
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Wow, this game! Amazing....
That's all I can say.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Got my code today! Gonna download and try and play after practice tonight. If the wife lets me stay up that late.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Got my code loaded and it's downloaded but it says that the severs aren't available until 7am EST. Dunno if that's just me or a PS4 thing. Either way I can't play until tomorrow night anyway.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 pm

In my opinion you're not missing much. It's ok, but nothing spectacular from the little I got to play.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:18 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:In my opinion you're not missing much. It's ok, but nothing spectacular from the little I got to play.

Couple questions miller: 1.) did you play R6 Siege and if so, what did you think of it? 2.) do you tend to prefer COD as your shooter? 3.) what would be the thing you disliked most or liked least about the beta from what you've played?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:05 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:In my opinion you're not missing much. It's ok, but nothing spectacular from the little I got to play.
That's disappointing news. I loved it. Ran through the dark zone screaming "Lerroyyy Jennkins!!" all night. Caught up in far too many battles that had nothing to do with me, and was killed as a rogue agent and robbed of some gear as a result. Once you get the medical lab section of the beta up and completed-- you really should hit the dark zone immediately. That's where the fun will be happening in the full game, and where we (S7) can really loot and pillage like crazy for the best weapons and gear.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:04 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:Got my code loaded and it's downloaded but it says that the severs aren't available until 7am EST.  Dunno if that's just me or a PS4 thing.  Either way I can't play until tomorrow night anyway.
Not just you, that was a PS4 thing for everyone. Not sure why they opened the beta in stages W/ XB1 a day early followed by PC and PS4 today. Everyone should have been on yesterday, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:17 am

Correct. Beta launched first on XB1. Can't wait to get home and play some tonight!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Well, when you're playing the game just remember this:

The Division’s plot is actually based on a real simulation carried out by the US in 2001, called Dark Winter.
look up "Operation Dark Winter".
http://www.upmchealthsecurity.org/our-work/events/2001_dark-winter/index.html

Enjoy Twisted Evil !
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:30 pm

My thoughts on the beta...

I love the customize options, the full game will be full of different perks, abilities, and other skills you can level up to build the character you want. Also I like the variety of gear and weapons and the ability to change your appearance.

Questing seems to be fun and varied, hopefully not as repetitive as destiny. The beta offers a good variety of encounters and side missions to give you a taste of what the full game may offer.

The Dark zone. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, it seems to be free for all of sorts. Not as challenging as I initially thought, but you definitely need to watch your back at all times. I think the dark zone will be a fun place to roam and loot with a full group but as a loner can be more challenging and less fun at times.

My overall review of this beta is definitely good, I will be pre ordering and look forward to playing with the clan. This could be our next be game!
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:37 pm

JT4Q9CD3LBZQ here is my code if anyone wants it
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Maybe I had my sights set too high. It's definitely a good game, I just didnt feel from the beta it was amazing or ground breaking. I felt it was trying to be a lot like Destiny crossed with Ghost Recon mixed with Gears of War. The RPG seems forced and the whole thing overly complex to give the impression that there is "more". It just started me with a bad impression. Maybe I've just played too many shooters, as the missions were more go and fetch and I was bored really fast. I'm sure once I get into the story it will be better. Then again, I don't play the COD single player either and prefer competitive play in multiplayer. Co-Op is Ok when handled correctly (the small three man teams for Destiny, or Halo and even Destiny Raids with the more linear path), but in open world I feel like someone is always just trying to keep up. Maybe just not my style. Again, I only played a little while as the first impression was not good and then I got bored. I'm not trying to defend anything or change anyone's opinion, we all like different things, and I think it will still be a good game. R6 siege is a Rainbow Six game  because Ubi Soft named it that, otherwise it is nothing like the past Rainbow games besides the T-hunt mode, which was a minor mode of an epic series- LOL.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:06 am

I appreciate the input Miller.  I read some reviews beforehand and they pretty much agreed with what you said, almost to a T.  

That being said, I put in about 2.5 hrs, got some solid gear, played a little solo and some co-op with Zak & Kenny and ended up picking up about 2.5lvls on my character.  

I can see where people look at the RPG portion as being a little flat.  I was initially unimpressed that the character selection was either male or female and then all random for looks.  That being said, it's like a 3 day beta and you should be playing the game and not tinkering with your character's looks, that's for the full game.  

I also feel that they give you enough of the RPG and story/mission elements to get the gist of the game without forcing you to grind missions like you'll most likely have to do at the start is the game to build some character levels and game access.  You get to do a little character building and some base building and that's fine.  The one thing you do get a lot of is loot and customizeable parts for your weaps.  And unlike most other shooters, you can cycle between 2 primaries and a sidearm.

I don't personally have an issue with the controls, since I played a lot of Gears and GR and still play a lot of Destiny.  It feels TONS different from COD, which is fine since I haven't played a COD game in like 3 years.  The game is more cerebral in that you have to consider cover and work as a team to create killzones to cut down the enemies while not allowing them to flank you.  

The only portion that I haven't had a chance to play yet is the Dark Zone, which as I understand it is a combo of PvP and PvE.  I'll probably try to hit that up Saturday night and see how that plays out.  

The only real "complaint" I have is that they should put some enemies randomly in the buildings that you can climb thru looking for loot. This would force you to clear the buildings a little more realistically, rather than just run thru them and collect all the unguarded loot.  So far though, I had a great time playing and I look forward to more beta and the full version.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:55 am

This game has not changed much since the alpha. I have only played solo. The only main missions that I played the whole time where fetch missions. Yes there are some side quests where you do other things but unless this is just an intro to the game and after you get past this point the game opens up then I don't see it as much. Graphics- yes I know it's a beta but the graphics did not impress me at all. I would go as far as say they are a tick worse than grand theft auto. Yes these graphics are darker and grittier to get convey the look the want but meh. I have not played the dark zone at all so still hold out some hope. Rpg wise it's mostly weapon modifing clothing and skills. Not super impressed and have been pushed to the side of the fence that is more meh. 
Enemies are always clustered you never just run into one or two. Buildings are odd,they look great but you have very few that you can go into unless they are mission related. That kind of sucks and reduces the about of loot you can find wich by the way is slim pickings as well. So for a game that has been hyped for three years my thoughts on the beta are it might be an ok game but meh. It does not meet the hype at all and most likely will not buy it.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:49 am

Ended up finishing with 6.5 hrs played - 3.5 PvE (level 7) and 3 DarkZone (lvl 9).  I spent the bulk of tonight's run in DZ and enjoyed what it had to offer.  

I jumped on as all the S7 bros were leaving so I ended up lone wolfing and occasionally running with randoms.  DZ will obviously be more enjoyable with a group, but I still had a good time.  My biggest concern was people waking in front of my line of fire and then me ending up Rogue because I caused damage over the "whoops"'amount. Since the damage was minimal, I'd usually be off Rogue in like 10-15 sec so it wasn't a huge concern but just something to try a and avoid.

All in all, I liked what I got to see l and I'm looking forward to getting the full game in like 6 weeks.  This game is what I was expecting from WD (minus the money, vehicles, and hacking).  I can easily see this being the game that I spend most of my time playing in the future.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:50 am

I played the Beta a good bit over the weekend. Overall I really enjoyed my time with it. I pretty much explored every inch of the map, inside and outside the DZ. I mostly played co-op with 2-4 bros in my squad at all times. I can say the game is definitely better with friends. I love co-op games anyway so this was right up my alley. I also like that I can play the whole game teamed up with my bros, PvE or PvP.

Story mode and the co-op portions of the game was a lot of fun. I enjoyed searching the city looking for loot and taking on missions. My only real grip is that everything was a little easy when you had a squad rolling. Especially after spending some time in the DZ. After a few hours in there the rest of the game is a cake walk. I did run the main mission again on Hard and that did actually provide a bit of a challenge but mostly it was very easy.

DZ on the other had can be brutal at times. The combination of much harder enemies and actual players running around make it very challenging. And that is before you hit max rank. I'm not sure how many of you actually maxed out you characters but once you hit Rank 8 the DZ gets even harder. First off, you are in a room with only Rank 8 people. These are the guys playing hard core with all the best gear. It's like night and day. Also, you get access to Purple and Orange guns once you max out so basically the best player, with the best loot are all over the place. It was tense to say the least. One gun in particular was frankly too powerful. I guess that is why only Rank 8's could play with each other and not the gen-pop. Still it was nice to find a challenge.

My opinion is this game with make or break on the DZ and I really don't know how it will play out. Sure the story part of the game with probably be fun but once you beat it, the DZ is the only place left to play. How will the community embrace it? There were sometimes where everyone was too scared to go Rouge and risk the loss so everyone was just running around doing nothing. Those time were super boring but other times it was a wild ride with shootouts everywhere. Time will tell I suppose but overall I really enjoyed it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:14 pm

I only got my character to lvl 7 and didn't have any items beyond blue (about 1/2 blue and 1/2 green at the end) but I did spend most of Saturday night playing in the DZ and about 1/2 the kids in there were rogue so it was shootouts galore.  

It was nice because all the rogues were working together and everyone else was working together.  And if guy ended up flipping sides, especially going rogue, they were welcomed into the group.  There were a couple times that I tried to call for an extraction without over bros and I got wrecked, so you definitely need some help in the DZ.

I'm definitely going to get this game and I hope Zak, Kenny, UC, and Vin end up getting it so there's people to roll with. If not, I'll find some friends like I did with Destiny and R6 Siege.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and pick up a copy myself too. There is a bit of a lull right now anyway and I really enjoyed my time with the Beta. Not sure if it will have the same legs Destiny had for me but it should be good fun for a while at least.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:48 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and pick up a copy myself too.  There is a bit of a lull right now anyway and I really enjoyed my time with the Beta.  Not sure if it will have the same legs Destiny had for me but it should be good fun for a while at least.  

Until Bungie fixes all the glitches on Oryx HM, the raid is pretty much done at Sisters.  I'll probably only run it when the Oryx challenge is up, or at least those will be the only weeks I'll try Oryx on HM.  

Depending upon how the story and DZ work out, I can see myself play this for a while.  And since I have a handful of games to break the time up with (Uncharted series, F4, R6 Siege) I should be able to keep from getting burned out. Still need to run Zombies with you guys at some point too.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:03 am

I Liked it ... for sure getting it
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 am

The critics thoughts...
http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/04/tom-clancy-the-division-preview/

Not to persuade, just a good read.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:04 pm

I didn't play the beta, but plan on buying the game.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next