Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General speaking

+2
DeadSockPuppet
CALi3PRiM3
6 posters

Go down

General speaking Empty General speaking

Post by CALi3PRiM3 Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:51 pm

If u was in a conflict n a higher manager was in tge wrong would u cofront them.tell someone higher r let it go
CALi3PRiM3
CALi3PRiM3
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : CALi3PRiM3

Back to top Go down

General speaking Empty Re: General speaking

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

That depends:
1.) If the manager was your direct manager, I would contact either their supervisor or HR/ER
2.) If the manager is from another department/division, I would contact my direct supervisor

In my experience, confronting my direct supervisor has been met with mixed results.  Some of them have respected me for it and some have "punished" me for it.  That's why I would suggest going to their supervisor unless you know that they're open to possible criticism.  While most all companies have a no retaliation policy, sometimes you have to get HR/ER involved to make sure that the instance gets documented and your boss doesn't just blacklist you.  

When dealing with a manager from another department/division, I would say about 95% of the time I would go to my supervisor and have them address the issue/pass it up the ladder.  The 5% of the time I would address it directly with the person would be if I have a good working relationship with that person or I work directly with them frequently.  

Either way, you have to look at the fact that you either work for this person or could potentially work for them at some time in the future.  Just make sure that if you think there could possibly be an issue, to document all of your communications (verbal/written/electronic/phone) and go to HR/ER if you're positive there will be an issue. Ultimately you want to fix the problem/address the issue, but you don't want to make your time at work a living hell by pissing off the wrong person.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:07 pm

CALi3PRiM3 wrote:If u was in a conflict n a higher manager was in tge wrong would u cofront them.tell someone higher r let it go

All depends on the nature of the conflict and the job.  If it affects the job in a negative way and it's something that won't go away then I'd first deal with it with the manager.  If the problem persists then I'd go higher up.  At least that's how I've done things here where I work.  Very few things, in my opinion, should go directly to the higher up.  Unless it's something you know can't be taken care of without doing so.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:15 pm

As the others have said, depends on the issue.

My general advice - write down EVERYTHING related to the conflict, as it happens. If there are related emails, save them. If it's all verbal, take notes at the end of each day. You could even do something simple like recording a self-video each day going over what happened.

This way, if sh!t hits the fan it's not just your word vs his. You've got some documentation to back up the events.

That being said, anything that's making you uncomfortable that you've made clear makes you uncomfortable - go to HR with.
Just about every companies HR will have policies in place to protect employees who report incidents.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by CALi3PRiM3 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Oh i video recorde it n took pic
CALi3PRiM3
CALi3PRiM3
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : CALi3PRiM3

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Just reach far back and slap a ho! Bring that strong pimp hand down like a mac and get yo twenty four fifty!

Really do a combo of atrumx and husker advice

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Sexual harassment is never a joke. You shouldn't be treated like a piece of meat, Prim.

Sexual harassment is never a joke.
Oops!

Really though I would always address it to the direct supervisor unless it is such gross misconduct that it affects their integrity, or if they are unresponsive to a legit problem that is detrimental to your work environment. For those two reasons I would take it a step up.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down