Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2

5 posters

Go down

Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2 Empty Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon May 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Man, I miss the excitement of planning clan matches and having something “on the line” while playing. I was reminded of my competitive nature Saturday night when Droopy basically dropped a wager on us all.

There were 6 of us playing some Mosh pit and Team Deathmatch, when someone dropped (forgive me if I forget all the details, it was late and many glasses of Scotch had passed). We backed out to pick them back up and actually added a seventh. We had all been doing well, and pretty much had been even with each other most of the night. Droopy must have had a MicroSoft points card burning a hole in his pocket as he proposed a FFA wager. Whoever could beat him and have the best average ranking on 3 maps of his choice, with his restrictions, would win the points cards. Of course, it was on then.

No “propelled” explosives, No Snipers, and no Commando/Knife Class. Played Rundown, Karachi, and one other map I forget (Storm maybe- remember my disclaimer above). It was Me, Droopy, Tyson, Middy, Bing, Coolhand, and a highly inebriated Bear who we had just picked up.

The first match was a blow out, with Droopy winning, Tyson coming in second, and I made it in third with Middy in 4th. Bear was really far behind, and really far gone and backed out after that 1st round. The next round was a close one and Tyson took first, Droopy second, Middy third, and I was Fourth (really we tied in points, but Middy had less deaths). So the set up for the third round was basically between Tyson and Droopy, unless Middy or I could finish 1st with Tyson and Droopy finishing below 4th place.

The map was Karachi, and it was close most of the way through. Towards the end, Droopy and Tyson pulled ahead of the pack, but they were very close to each other. At about 30 seconds left, Droopy was in the lead when Tyson hit his kill streak. One sentry gun later, and Tyson gets 3 kills in a row (2 on a respawning Droopy) to take the map by 2 points.

It was good stuff all around, and had my adrenaline pumping. Congrats to Tyson for winning, and props to Droopy for making an impromptu wager and coming through with the points. Also, thanks to all who played Saturday night, as it was a good dose of camaraderie and tons of fun. Actually, thanks to everyone I played with the whole weekend (Fri and Sat nights). Friday there were only 4 of us on Team Tactical, but we owned the public pretty much all night long, only loosing one game in Team Tact that I remember. Then on Saturday night we had some real competition for several matches, but came out victorious the majority of the time. It’s good to be able to play with a solid group of guys who like to have fun and compete. Much better than spending my night in the Mercenary TDM room, reporting moders and muting all the idiots.

~mrmiller

Last edited by S7 mrmiller on Mon May 10, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2 Empty Re: Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon May 10, 2010 1:36 pm

d@mn my warm blood. I had a awsome time playing with everyone fri and sat. We had some really good matches, we were slaying people in teamtac . My heart was pumping pretty hard during the competation. Pavelow saved my ass congrats Tyson on your win. We did run into a tool that night that makes you really glad your in this clan. Look forward to doing it again, there will be a rematch ,
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2 Empty Re: Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

1600 MS Points - pretty kickass prize for a spur of the moment tourny. That was a ton o fun (like your mom) and really capped my night well. I got blown out though coming in last or second to last. I was almost as drunk as Bear though Droopy's wager, and a weekend of owning in MW2 Icon_geek plus I handicap myself with herbal remedies.

Grats Tyson! I guess you won't have to wash Glock's car to get points for a while now lol
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Mon May 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Nice I wish I wasn't working but congrats Tyson and everyone else that had fun sounded like a night that should've not been missed and props for droopy for putting that wager out there and sticking to it lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Shikaga Mon May 10, 2010 4:10 pm

ty gain droopy. and omg i dont think my hands have sweat liek that before
S7 Shikaga
S7 Shikaga

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down