Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GameFly

4 posters

Go down

GameFly Empty GameFly

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 pm

I got a friend I used to work with that's trying to decide if he wants to use GameFly and whether or not it's still worth the price. I told him I had some friends that used to use it and that I'd check to see if any of you still do.

For those of you that may use it, could you give a quick Pro/Con that I could pass along to him?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

GameFly Empty Re: GameFly

Post by S7 Panzer Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Personally I don't have GameFly but I could give my impressions of the pros and cons.

As a GameFly member, you can rent as many games as you want and play them as long as you want for only $22.95 per month for 2 games at a time, or $15.95 per month for 1 game at a time.

Pros

• If you are constantly bringing in and returning rented games it worth the money

• Allows you to play games you would likely not, but are still interested in

• If you have multiple consoles say the Xbox One is your main console but you are still interested in PS4's elusive titles it gives you that flexibility while possible never really owning a game for another system

Cons

• Still relying on a Physical disk to be mailed to you and the possibility of having a damaged disk

• The need for game fly as most consoles now a days have a renting feature that is all based around downloading the game

• Depending on where you live you might not get that new game right on launch day

• Relevance. With downloading direct to console companies like Gamefly or even GameStop are hurting and could raise prices in the future to try and hold profit margins.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:20 pm

For me it's good to be able to try a game and see if you like it or not although I've probable spend far to much money on game fly and will most likely cancel it. Also a con is having to have a game you want in your q to be able to get it at release of three days later depending where you live.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along to my friend. Sounds like he would really need to go with the 2 game option if he likes hitting games at release, otherwise he'll have a couple days around the game release where his rental will be tied up waiting for the game to drop.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm

I did the one game out and as long as you didn't have a game at home and only had the game that was coming out on that week in my que i 99 percent of the time i got it thursday. One game out for a year is like 200 bucks or less then the price of 4 games. Gamefly great for games like batman, you beat it in like 2 to 3 weeks send it back , not so great for destiny,skyrim, and fallout types, buy them you get your moneys worth. Also go for cod if you just want to play the campaign
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down