Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short...

5 posters

Go down

The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short... Empty The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:27 pm

As in the game can be beaten in around 5 hours and platinum can be done in around 10 hours.  Just a head up to you guys that are spending $60 on it.  Might want to wait until it drops in price.  I'm sure it looks great, but 5-10 hours for a single player game?  Yikes.

Taken from a poster on NEOGAF...

Hi guys! Razz

I'm gonna offer you a detailed breakdown of my playtime with the game since you brought me up into this discussion.

It took me almost 10 hours to finish the game (from 12:45 from 22:30) on normal mode without aim assist. But I also took a lunch break of almost 30 minutes and another small break of 15 minutes. So that's somewhere around 9 hours.

I got the first trophy after almost 2 hours of gameplay.

I didn't rush through the game at all. I explored every possible zone in the game. I have admired and took pictures (that gore picture that is around the internet is made by me, I even posted here on GAF). I listened to all pedestrians conversations. I got almost all collectables except for 2 (I would also like to point out that the game doesn't keep track of your collectables somewhere so I didn't know where to search for them). I even restarted some checkpoints intentionally where there were a lot of enemies to get some combat related trophies.

After finishing the game I took a 2 hour break I think. And then restarted the game on easy in order to find the missing collectables. After some chapters of playing I remembered a I didn't get to explore a room completely because a cinematic was triggered and it got me out of the room. Fortunately, the last collectables where in that room.

Yes, the game is pretty short. I think someone can even finish it in 7-8 hours on their first playthrough if they don't go after trophies/collectables, just following the objective.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short... Empty Re: The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short...

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:01 pm

that is kind of sad as i did have plans to pick it up...

guess ill just red box for a day
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short... Empty Re: The Order: 1886 is said to be disappointingly short...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:18 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:that is kind of sad as i did have plans to pick it up...

guess ill just red box for a day

Yeah, that's why I thought I'd mention it. Stuff like this is why I rarely pre-order anything anymore.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Another quote from a thread started on Reddit...

Youtuber PlayMeThrough completed Order 1886 and answered questions about the game.
No spoilers.

Took me a little over 5 hours on my first playthrough (including all cutscenes)

Not much replayability. You can't level up any skills or anything and there is no New Game+. And you cannot skip cutscenes either, so it would be the exact same experience I'm afraid. Pretty much the only side thing you can do is looking for collectibles, but that's it. No challenges or whatever.
Well maybe it's 2 hours or 2,5. I didn't measure the time, but the majority of it is cutscenes. So 1,5 hours or 2,5 hours doesn't seem like a big difference either way. Obviously depends on the player.

If you really get into finding collectibles I'm sure you can spend much more time with it. Or if you play on hard difficulty (which I wasn't). But my best guess, based on what I have captured it's around 1,5h-2h gameplay and rest was cutscenes. Take the first 4 chapters for example, maybe 35% of that was gameplay. Some chapters consist only of cutscenes. And often times there are these "interactive" cutscenes with QTEs where you need to press some buttons, but I wouldn't count that as gameplay.

It's more of an interactive movie to me, which isn't a bad thing. Hence the film stripes. So calm down everyone. Jesus Very Happy

Well sort of... the game doesn't always tell you where to go or what to do exactly. Sometimes you have to figure that out on your own (like moving a cart to climb up to the next area). Or you have to interact with certain objects or need to wait for your teammates to do something. But all in all it doesn't require too much thinking and all objects you can interact with are highlighted when you stand close to them.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Hmm. I got my wife a Wii U for her birthday and have been playing some games there. I still plan on getting a PS4 in the future, just not sure how far out it'll be. That's pretty short for one of the big games I was waiting on :/
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Well, hopefully I find some more to this game or my game play style gets me more out of it, cuz I just preordered it today.  If not, I at least used Amazon gift cards and can try to beat it fast and then trade it in towards a preorder for Project CARS at GameStop.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:46 am

Something about this game has screamed stay away ever since I started seeing trailers. They always show the same section of the game and whenever a journalist asks about it, the answers are always vague.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down