Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site

+3
OneBadHuskerFan
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Sticky
7 posters

Go down

'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site Empty 'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Sony's "The Interview" will get its wider release -- on the Internet.

"The Interview" may get wider distribution thanks to YouTube.
Sony Pictures/Screenshot by CNET
The comedy film, believed to be the impetus for the hack that led to the exposing of thousands of Sony e-mails and private documents, will be available at 10 a.m. PT today through Google Play, YouTube Movies, Microsoft's Xbox Video and a dedicated Sony-built website, Seetheinterview.com. The film will cost $6 to rent and $15 to purchase, according to Sony.

CNN earlier reported that Sony and Google had worked out a deal to distribute the movie on YouTube and Google Play.

Having YouTube on board greatly enhances the profile of "The Interview," which saw its chances of a wide release die out after national movie theater chains declined to play the movie. YouTube is the world's largest video site. The deal would also mark one of the few times that a major film would debut in both the theater and at home.

When Sony first approached Google last week, the search giant said it was "eager to help," but hesitant to get involved. "Given everything that's happened, the security implications were very much at the front of our minds." David Drummond, Google's Senior Vice President of Corporate Development said in a blog post.

But the company eventually came around. "Sony and Google agreed that we could not sit on the sidelines and allow a handful of people to determine the limits of free speech in another country (however silly the content might be)," Drummond said.

The deal isn't believed to be exclusive, according to CNN, and Sony is talking to other partners. Apple reportedly nixed a deal to bring "The Interview" to iTunes despite a request from the White House.

Apple, Netflix and Amazon declined to comment on their prospects for distributing "The Interview."

The film stars Seth Rogen and James Franco as a producer and TV personality who get the chance to interview Kim Jong-Un, the leader of North Korea. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said North Korea was behind the cyberattack, although North Korea officials denied the accusation.

Following the hack, threats made against any movie theater that would play the film convinced the major chains to pull out, leading Sony to initially scrap "The Interview." But widespread criticism, notably from President Obama and actor George Clooney, convinced Sony to release the film in limited locations on Christmas.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site Empty Re: 'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Good to see 'Murica didn't give up on this one.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site Empty Re: 'The Interview' to stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox, Sony site

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:25 am

Just finished watching it (Didn't take long to hit the internet airwaves after being released earlier today).

Wasn't expecting much but turns out it was actually pretty d@mn funny...to me at least with my sense of humor, lol.  I was more than ready to say it sucked and wasn't worth the watch but I enjoyed it for what it was...just a stupid funny movie and nothing more.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:44 am

Rented it from Google Play tonight - not bad - it had slow parts but the beginning and end were really funny.  It was one huge "f#ck you" to North Korea and Un.  I can see why they would be upset, but they played right into the insecure image they have in the movie.  This was definitely one I am glad I watched and paid for.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:50 pm

This why Xbox has been down for hours now?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:43 pm

No, it was stupid Lizard Squad again
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:14 am

watched it free not to bad at all had me LOLing  

hey coolhand 
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Watched it yesterday @ the Texas Theater in Dallas. Missed a couple of minutes because I kept getting up to get another pint of Community Mosaic IPA(in a glass!). Definately thought it was better seeing it with a crowd since everybody cheered and clapped when Kim Jong got blowed up. I laughed my ass off.
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : The JDG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down