Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts and early tips.

+9
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Uncle Charles
Evol Recovery
S7 DROOPY
Atrum
S7 COOP
S7 OC
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thoughts and early tips.  Empty Thoughts and early tips.

Post by S7 OC Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:24 am

I am liking the game play it is very smooth. The interface and class set up is a bit odd/confusing. I am liking the pick 13 very cool. Weapons I've been using, an ak12 variant,k5, the existing suit doesn't change the game play to much.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and early tips.  Empty Re: Thoughts and early tips.

Post by S7 COOP Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

Who else expected the jumper pack on the back to be more like the slide effect destiny has. I thought it was more of a controlled flight than just an extra boost. Maybe i didn't use it right in the local play lobby i was messing around in. It just didn't keep you up there for long.

Here are some quick thoughts i've had:

-I tried some duel wielding weapons and they aren't near as easy to turn the corner and own people. 
-Guns seem cool, most are pretty stable once you shoot, so i'm liking that. 
-I like the earning system, not i played and saved to get the best gun.
-I haven't found it yet, but i'm missing my c4, maybe something similar, but i need to remote detonate.
-Haven't run in to many quickscopers, but they only need time to adjust.
-You can't just panic knife anymore, you have to have your crosshairs on the opponent and be close enough, no more lunging 10 feet.
-Maps seem pretty cool, a little on the small side compared to past COD maps.
-Had a few lobby issues, but for the first night, i didn't see any server crashing or anything so yay for that.
-The exo abilities don't seem to last very long, but are cool and have a lot of variety to game styles, run and gun, or sit back and hide.

Here are some tips:
(you may know these already but some i picked up)

-Once you are in the air with your double jump or even the single jump, click your left thumbstick for a quick boost. This will help getting on roofs, and getting tags quickly on KC.
-Once you get ready to launch your grenades, double tap A to get a longer distance throw, release the grenade at the peak of your jump.
-Because of the small amounts of ammo in the magazines, using the arm shield exo ability helps. -Once you are being shot at, use the shield, by the time it runs out the enemy usually needs to reload, giving you the upper hand on the 1v1 situation.

I'll keep posting as i learn more. Hope some of this helped.

Enjoy!!
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:19 am

I think the best tip for anyone right now is to work on your jumps/strafes. Be very comfortable double jumping, side-strafing, etc.
It should be very easy to survive a lot of situations or get a lot of kills using these right.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:58 pm

You can melee while your sliding
boost exo suit abilty + lightweight = cranked and you slide farther
suppose to be a ground punch like nova boom but idk how to do it yet
customize your kill streaks! and you can have some of them be used as support (death do not reset kill streak bonus.
Use the mic attachment to see silenced weapons
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 pm

How do you use the kill streaks as support? I used the BAL more today I am liking it a lot but at close range that KF5 is a great smg.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:31 pm

highlight the killstreak push button that lets u customzie the kill streak /add attachments like rockets for the drone and support is on the car package and all other non lethals it will change the amount of points need to get the kill streak
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:32 am

I really like the team kill streaks. This version has to be the best one since mw2 hands down. If the other cod don't have this double jump, dash mechanic then they are stupid. Idk if I could go back to the other style.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:01 am

Ya the jump thing kinda changes the whole game i get killed from the roof tops a ton. The active camo is crazy hard to see if your in the shadows
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:11 am

Yeah....I've played a couple hours.  Lots to learn.  Droopy...I get shot from rooftops as well.  Atrum is right....if you pull up your shield it will give you a chance to pop them when they reload
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 am

AtrumX wrote:I think the best tip for anyone right now is to work on your jumps/strafes. Be very comfortable double jumping, side-strafing, etc.
It should be very easy to survive a lot of situations or get a lot of kills using these right.
Hmmm...sounds like you're referring to the Klown dance strategy!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:18 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I think the best tip for anyone right now is to work on your jumps/strafes. Be very comfortable double jumping, side-strafing, etc.
Hmmm...sounds like you're referring to the Klown dance strategy!
Indeed. It's a lot more effective in some games. I've already survived quite a few tough spots by crazy side-strafing/quick jump-strafes.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Minimap Rundown:

Reloading Faster: (you'll lose lots of ammo doing it)

Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm really liking this game, but have yet to pick a favorite weapon or exo ability. Hold "B" while in the air to do the ground slam. You can also manually detonate your grenades, making them more like C4.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:55 am

all i know  for  people who run and gun  SMG's are a must  best over all guns in the game

i know i  ran the sac3's  for a full prestige and  a half  dam  good   near to mid range guns

and for people running   care package    add  trap to them  its good for a few extra kills
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:30 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:Ya the jump thing kinda changes the whole game i get killed from the roof tops a ton. The active camo is crazy hard to see if your in the shadows

Jumping (boost) makes it more like Halo MP so now everyone is flying around and shooting downward or throwing nades below themselves. Crying or Very sad   Agree, the high ground is king now since everyone can get up high. Big advantage when you are up high as it is easier to shoot down and the guy below has a bad angle when trying to shoot up. Something to think about, building a team with 1-2 dedicated snipers would be a plus. (Suggest they outfit 2 primaries weapons so they can join the fight while they are looking for position.)

Love the active camo in Dom. Allows me some advantage in protecting the flag - I get to sit there with my Auto SPAS and clear the house when company comes. (SPASalicious!!!) cheers cheers

Noticed that the new thermal sight is wicked and already experienced snipers wrecking havoc. Love the LMG Paytek (?) but most maps are more CQB or small with a lot of urban so little opportunity to really use it. (Love the shooting jumpers out of the sky. cheers )

Dom is showing that there are some points of advantage that must be held to protect a flag, e.g. the temple overlooking C in Distinct (?). Defenders get raped as attacking snipers overwatch their assault team. Turrets are a must for defense so teammates that can drop them add to the defense.

In KC, the knee slide is king for getting tags - smaller target and much quicker than running. Noticed that teams that run in groups of 2 or 3 get more tags as they have teammates that backup the initial kill to clean house in both confirms and declines. So trying to link up with teammates is a good thing.

Jury still out on most of the weapons. Seems like there was a better and more varied selection in previous CODs. Given the Exo and new armor, it far too often takes most of a clip to get a kill with any of the SMGs or ARs.

My 2 cents.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:39 am

Minimap vid was very useful. Wondered what all those symbols meant. Will have better SA now.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Air7Cav wrote:Given the Exo and new armor, it far too often takes most of a clip to get a kill with any of the SMGs or ARs.

My 2 cents.

Gotta love Hardcore mode. You can actually get 3 or four kills in one clip if you see a group of them. That's the primary reason i don't like Core. I see five guys and know that i'm only taking one of them down with a gun and will probably die. 

MK14 on Hardcore, one shot one kill, 2 if you're far away, but not often.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:05 pm

I still can't figure out the ammo/reload. Sometimes it does it correct, but most of the time it drops the whole clip no matter how you press reload.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:55 pm

This has been a blast so far. Constantly having full rooms of 6 to 9, or having multiple rooms. I do miss having Dead Silence as a constant perk, and I still don't know what weapon I like best. The "odd ball" game mode is great as well.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:20 pm

My thoughts...

Don't like the game at all and should have known better.  Not going to make any excuses, it's just not fun at all when I'm that last name in the scoreboard every game.  I thought this time around I'd give it a shot, but it's clear CoD just isn't where it's at for me.  I CONSTANTLY get caught getting the first shot on somebody only to get killed before they do.  I don't know if it's "lag compensation" or just pure lack of skill anymore, but either way I can't stand it.  Completely kills the game and any fun I would have otherwise.

Unfortunately this is the bad part about buying digitally.  $60 wasted when I knew better.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Sounds like the hardcore modes might work better for you Husker.  Give a shout if you want company for giving it another shot.

I really like the Ameli. With a stock the mobility is 10 so not too encumbering.  Add lightweight and the exo speed boost and I'm moving around pretty quick.  Using a quick draw grip and silencer too.  No room for a thermal scope, but I see some players having a lot of success with those even against coldblooded.

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:55 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:My thoughts...

Don't like the game at all and should have known better.  Not going to make any excuses, it's just not fun at all when I'm that last name in the scoreboard every game.  I thought this time around I'd give it a shot, but it's clear CoD just isn't where it's at for me.  I CONSTANTLY get caught getting the first shot on somebody only to get killed before they do.  I don't know if it's "lag compensation" or just pure lack of skill anymore, but either way I can't stand it.  Completely kills the game and any fun I would have otherwise.

Unfortunately this is the bad part about buying digitally.  $60 wasted when I knew better.

It sucks that you feel that way. If you want to give it another shot let me know. I'd be more than happy to help with anything I can.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:34 am

Sadly there are only 2 remedies...

1 - Put large amounts of time into the game and get better

2 - Stop caring about kills and start putting large amounts of time into drinking... or just go for objective control

I suppose there is a third option...

3 - Hit me up when I'm online and I can explain how to do decent at CoD.

If you don't like the gameplay, that's one thing. No helping it. If you're just annoyed at doing poorly there are quite a few things you can do differently in CoD to do well. You might not be like Sticky or anyone else who puts lots of hours in, but you Anyone should be able to stay around even K/D and post decent scores.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Yeah, maybe find a different mode that you like. Just defend the objective maybe. I'm a run and gun guy so I accept that I'll get killed more but I'm scoring and helping my team win with multiple flag scores, etc.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Husker I'll tell you I generally have the worst Kd in game but I never focus on that I focus on wins and objectives. If we are playing kill confirmed I grab all the tags I can, domination cap and defend the points the best I can and communicate with the team. Playing with sticky sucks if your trying to get a good Kd but playing with him is so win because he is going to win at a high rate. Find your niche role and play that the best you can. There will be times (mostly) I'm at the bottom of the score board, times I'm in the middle and times I'm on top (very few) but if I do my job and my team wins we have fun and make fun of stickys mom then that's a great game for me. Give it a bit more of a chance you seriously can't jump in to a few games and expect to pwn any game.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next