Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Endgame

+6
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 mrmiller
Xpert2010
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Destiny Endgame Empty Destiny Endgame

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:00 pm

Awesome video and article over at IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/destiny-the-endgame-is-only-the-beginning-ign-first

I am super psyched now!  Bring it on!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Destiny Endgame Empty Re: Destiny Endgame

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:15 pm

its cool to know its just another MMO

dont get me wrong i love it but everything there talking about just points me  to a  

halo + swtor+wow =destiny  

still should be fun and ill buy it
i just really hope the end game is there bungie made such a solid game with halo hope this  turns out better then 99.9999% of other mmo
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Man, we need to make a day of the week just for Destiny nights!  Raids, dailies, weeklies to do!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:46 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call it an MMO.  Sure you can interact with other players on the fly, but the number of players you are able to interact with is limited... like 6 players per zone except for whenever you visit the Tower/Guardians HQ from what I saw when I was playing.  Just my opinion, but I just don't think players should come into this game expecting it to be an MMO.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 pm

I feel the same way.  Granted I don't have a lot of experience with MMO's but to me it feels a lot more like an FPS with MMO aspects.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm

I wonder if they will let players drop in and out of the raids (I would guess not). If they take 2 hours and you need 6 to start, I see many of raid stalling out as people drop off. It would be nice to be able to invite a replacement if you get down too low.

I'm still on the fence about certain aspects of the game, but what I played in the beta was really fun. In the end that it what it is all about- fun. So maybe I will not be doing raid or whatever doesn't seem to work for me, but the game is so fun I feel I will find something to keep me enticed for a while and I'm looking forward to it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I wonder if they will let players drop in and out of the raids (I would guess not). If they take 2 hours and you need 6 to start, I see many of raid stalling out as people drop off. It would be nice to be able to invite a replacement if you get down too low.

I'm still on the fence about certain aspects of the game, but what I played in the beta was really fun. In the end that it what it is all about- fun. So maybe I will not be doing raid or whatever doesn't seem to work for me, but the game is so fun I feel I will find something to keep me enticed for a while and I'm looking forward to it.

~mrmiller

I imagine there will have to be some sort of system where the players are limited in what they can do as far as raiding.  You don't want to be able to bring in people for the last boss of a raid that haven't taken the time or put in the effort to get there.  (Well, at least that's how I feel about it anyways).  I want to know that if I'm wielding a weapon that only drops from a particular raid boss that it actually means something and not that was just invited to join a group for one boss fight and got a lucky drop.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:54 pm

But at the same time, do you want to lose out after 2 hours of work casue a few guys disconnected/quit?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:43 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:But at the same time, do you want to lose out after 2 hours of work casue a few guys disconnected/quit?

No, not at all.  I think the "best" system would be some sort of save point after each boss of a raid that save your individual progress and you can start back at that point that you've made it past.  People that have not progressed to that point can't join.  I don't think that's too harsh.  That way if there are drops/disconnects you can at least start back at that point.  I can't fully remember but I think WoW was like that.  Once you progressed to a certain point (beat a certain boss) you were able to progress past that if you left.  You didn't have to start all over at the beginning of a raid and defeat every boss again just to get back to where you were before...but I could be wrong.  I didn't raid enough in WoW to really remember the specifics.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:But at the same time, do you want to lose out after 2 hours of work casue a few guys disconnected/quit?

No, not at all.  I think the "best" system would be some sort of save point after each boss of a raid that save your individual progress and you can start back at that point that you've made it past.  People that have not progressed to that point can't join.  I don't think that's too harsh.  That way if there are drops/disconnects you can at least start back at that point.  I can't fully remember but I think WoW was like that.  Once you progressed to a certain point (beat a certain boss) you were able to progress past that if you left.  You didn't have to start all over at the beginning of a raid and defeat every boss again just to get back to where you were before...but I could be wrong.  I didn't raid enough in WoW to really remember the specifics.

That's kind of how it's done in FF14.  There are certain raids that are split into "Turns".  Once you beat Turn 1, you unlock Turn 2 and so on.  You cannot join a party doing Turn 4 if you have not beat Turn 3 yet.  They do lift/add restrictions based on how old/new the content is, but I like the core idea of it.  Instead of spending hours trying to get to the end of a raid from the beginning, you can start at the final battle.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Being able to join on your own is one thing, but being able to send invites for "help" would be nice.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call it an MMO.  Sure you can interact with other players on the fly, but the number of players you are able to interact with is limited... like 6 players per zone except for whenever you visit the Tower/Guardians HQ from what I saw when I was playing.  Just my opinion, but I just don't think players should come into this game expecting it to be an MMO.

The game reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Online, which I played way too much of on OG Xbox. You have the main lobby (The Tower) where everyone hangs out and then you form smaller teams (4 in PSO, 3-6 in Destiny) to go on your quests.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Wow..good read.
This just gets better and better!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 pm

dont worry ill crack out on this for a month or two for sure XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:20 pm

One thing that I do love is that you don't have to use the holy trinity (Tank, DPS, Healer).  You are all DPS.  While I'm sure there's strategy needed I'm hoping it won't be as unforgiving as WoW with needing an absolute perfect setup of people to do so (although I'm sure certain elements will come into play).
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 pm

This just keeps looking better and better.  Going to be nice to get the PS4 crew together on Friday or Saturday nights to nerd out end team up on some raids and stuff.  Might need to take another week of vacation early in September.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 pm

FYI there will be no matchmaking in raiding (Per Bungie) so we'll definitely need to have a consistent team of 6 people that are fairly dedicated to raiding (Or at least friends not in the clan).  I don't mean to get all serious and sh1t, lol, but just wanted it to be known at least.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:34 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:This just keeps looking better and better.  Going to be nice to get the PS4 crew together on Friday or Saturday nights to nerd out end team up on some raids and stuff.  Might need to take another week of vacation early in September.

I have a feeling I'll be taking the 10th off of work due to playing WAY too much the first night.   Very Happy
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 pm

PS4 should hopefully have a solid group of 6 with Interseptor, Kenny, Magus, Evol, Charles, and myself.  It will just be a matter of getting Evol and Charles on at the same time as the rest of us.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Just have to find a few new guys do some recruiting if that's something you guys are going to want to do often.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 am

Or get an Xbox one and Destiny on there Wink

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:Or get an Xbox one and Destiny on there Wink

~mrmiller

agreed with that  can name at least 10 people who will have this off the top of my head 

new people are always welcomed back XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:50 am

The PS4 group is on almost all the time at the same time on weekends and once Destiny drops I pretty sure Charles and Evol will be on more often so we should be good.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:03 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:The PS4 group is on almost all the time at the same time on weekends and once Destiny drops I pretty sure Charles and Evol will be on more often so we should be good.

I've been thinking about the Destiny PS4 bundle. I'll probably know sometime after this weekend whether I will be going for it or waiting on the PS4 and buying Destiny on the Xbox instead.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 am

I am not worried about it at all.  The PS4 guys are pretty active and we all play together.  Plus, this is end game stuff. I have a feeling it will be a while till we have to worry about being strong enough to attempt this.  You have to be lvl 20 to even try it and realistically, you need some high level gear to make it possible.  I also have friends I have met on the PS4 that play Destiny too and I expect to make more along the way so I am not worried about being able to do the Raids in general.

The biggest hurdle for both consoles will be who gets a team of 6 to the end game in order to attempt it.  Some of us will get there pretty quickly, others will take a lot longer due to RL obligations etc...  And even then, they probably won't have the right gear to complete it.  Should be interesting to see how everyone progresses within the clan.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next