Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite game of all time all platforms

+8
S7 OC
DeadSockPuppet
Xpert2010
S7 Coolhand
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Panzer
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 COOP
12 posters

Go down

What's your favorite game of all time all platforms Empty What's your favorite game of all time all platforms

Post by S7 COOP Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm just curious what game got people hooked on. What game finalized the decision of "I'm going to be a gamer"

We've gotten everyones opinions on maps, lets see what y'all have.

As previously stated Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. When i caught myself playing it for hours of the day, i realized i'm a gamer. Yes i was young, but i've gone and replayed this game hundreds of times. It's got adventure, skill, battle, racing, puzzles, all i could ask for in a game.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all [games] are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on [all the gaming platforms] the [gamers] will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that [Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony] will one day live in a nation where they [will share their games] 

I have a dream today!

I only say this because i really want to play a zelda game on the xbox and i really don't want a Wii lol
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite game of all time all platforms Empty Re: What's your favorite game of all time all platforms

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm

I had played games but never considered myself a "Gamer" until Xbox Live (beta tester) came out, so it would really have to boil down to the game "Re-Volt" that came with the Xbox Live beta starter kit (or whatever it was called).  It was the first time I ever had the opportunity to play and have voice communication with a multiplayer game.  Changed my life forever (for better or worse, lol).  I can't even tell you how much fun I had playing that game just because of the excitement of something new.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite game of all time all platforms Empty Re: What's your favorite game of all time all platforms

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 pm

I would say the first game I ever played solidified my love for video games it was Command and Conquer Tiberium Dawn the first C&C game. But I didn't get into multiplayer gaming tell the Xbox 360 surprisingly. Then on that fateful day in Rainbow 6 Vegas Uncle Charles thought for some reason a having a 13 year old kid that had not hit puberty yet was a good idea for a clan mate and here I am lol. Thanks UC  Very Happy

EDIT: To clarify the C&C game was for the PC

Last edited by S7 Panzer on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

I started with what couldn't even be described as 8-bit games on Atari 2600...Starship, Combat, and Street Racer were three of the launch titles I received Christmas of 1977. I've been playing games since. I'm actually not BS'ing here Embarassed Obviously fast forward to the stand-up arcade games with hours and hours of play using quarters for Pac-man and Donkey Kong. Followed by the more advanced systems etc. and I've owned every platform except PS4 (so far) in existence. Unfortunately I'm dead serious about that.

I'm saying all that to say this. I can't possible pick one game and say it's the absolute greatest I've ever played. Impossible.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:01 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I started with what couldn't even be described as 8-bit games on Atari 2600...Starship, Combat, and Street Racer were three of the launch titles I received Christmas of 1977. I've been playing games since. I'm actually not BS'ing here  Embarassed Obviously fast forward to the stand-up arcade games with hours and hours of play using quarters for Pac-man and Donkey Kong. Followed by the more advanced systems etc. and I've owned every platform except PS4 (so far) in existence. Unfortunately I'm dead serious about that.

I'm saying all that to say this. I can't possible pick one game and say it's the absolute greatest I've ever played. Impossible.
My challenge here is to say "You can only play one game for the rest of your life" which one would you choose. Only one. and never another. 
you must make a decision. Weight all the possibilities. Do what you need. I'm curious 

Cause on the MP Map thread people started posting 2 or three maps. I am calling upon an ultimatum. Just one
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 pm

okay, just one game for the rest of my life is easy. It would be a baseball game. I can play, watch, listen to, read about that forever and not get bored. So as long as it's a good game and I can perhaps change/update the rosters myself (since at some point that's going to be a need) I'd never get bored and would play all the time.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 pm

X-Wing
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation is my favorite videogame.  The characters, story, battle system, side quests, music, etc really drew me into the game and I could play through it again and again without getting bored.  I've probably finished the game 10+ times already.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) was the game.  I remember spending many afternoons after school playing this with two of my friends.  I don't remember how many months it took us, but this was before FAQ sites so we'd spend all lunch period running thru scenarios to try when we got out of school.  

As for MP, it's the original Rainbow 6 for the PC.  I remember skipping classes freshman year of college to play it, me in my dorm room in Michigan and my HS buddy in his dorm room in Chicago.  We were a brutal pair that could pwn with any other two noobs, many times we'd let our teammates get caught in our breach charges or meet similar demises so they wouldn't be in the way. 
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:51 pm

I have been thinking and I again these all time ones can't seem to pick one.
N64 Mario kart. Good memories of college times.
Xbox 360 skyrim sticks out a lot. For MP it would have to be Graw 2

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

I should have specified. Maybe gone for.
1. Favorite to just play
2. If I could only play one game for the rest of my life
3. Best multiplayer.

Lol
Cause that's where the line stands to differentiate all these games.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 am

Doom.

I have lots of other favorites from Atari to the Xbox, but Doom is the hands down winner with CounterStrike and Rainbow 6 close seconds and Tempest, Diablo 2, Combat (invisible tank pong), Bionic Commando, Mario Cart, Castlevania SON, Halo, Riddick, and COD being in the running and honorable mentions.

~mrmiller

Last edited by S7 mrmiller on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 am

i would have to brake this up 

PC
X wing
Diablo series

PS3
Uncharted 
God of war

Xbox 
Halo  series
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:02 am

Atari 2600
Pack Man
Pitfall

NES
Super Mario Bros
Legend of Zelda

PC
Doom
Rainbow Six

Sega Genisis
Shadowrun

PS
Metal Gear

Xbox
Halo

Xbox 360
Mass Effect
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 am

Interesting...

I went to the arcade daily since I was 3. Played Genesis quite a bit, had all the nintendo's, loved zelda. Played N64 an absurd amount. That was the first time I played with friends, all the Bond games - along with Super Smash Bros.

Played all the big PC titles going way back, but never online a lot.

I don't think I really considered myself a gamer until I started High School and went to LANs for some game called "Halo". That got me hooked but I never owned the original Xbox, I just went to LANs weekly to get my fix.

Then the 360 was announced and I became hooked. Coincidentally, that's also right around the time I joined the clan.

To answer the question:

1. Pokemon Red/Blue - favorite to play
2. Mass Effect - Blew my mind, could play it forever. Zelda games close second
3. Halo 2/PDZ - Both tied for my favorite MP all time. GRAW close behind.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:36 am

If I were to follow the new format:

1. Favorite to just play
2. If I could only play one game for the rest of my life
3. Best multiplayer.

1. Final Fantasy VII - Love the side quests, characters, story, music, etc.  The game that introdiced me to RPGs, my favorite videogame genre.
2. Final Fantasy XIV - Already been playing it every day for the past 6-7 months, which is the most I've been kept interested in a game at a time.
3. Halo 2 - My first and most enjoyable multiplayer experience.  Forming lobbies with friends to enjoy glitches, or friends hacking to create flying-mountable-warthog turrets was just as fun as actually playing the game as it was supposed to be played.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:35 am

PDZ, kinda sad that I didn't get to the clan early enough to play this MP with everyone.  By the time I was in the group it was COD4 and PDZ was relegated to the back burner.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down