Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console...

+2
DeadSockPuppet
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console... Empty This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:31 pm

People are combining addons like these with hotspot macro's that allow them to instantly and with no effort interrupt targeted players depending on what abilities they are using.

Playing as an archer with the Venom Arrow? Just make a macro that makes it so the instant your opponent casts a big nuke or heal and you can auto-interrupt them every single time.

That's going to destroy balance in PvP, and people that don't use it will be victems of those that do, and pvp will largely become addons and macro's auto-playing characters against each other.

I really hope ZOE rethinks giving out this much data to players, and hides buff information. You can tell quite easily if a player is casting a spell, and most of the ones with casting times have fairly unique animations that allow you to see instantly what it is. Why should you be able to have a system that tells you what it is in a UI window instead, pulling you out of the game, and allowing abusable macro's to be created to benefit from that information?

I'm sick of playing MMO's where all you do is stare at UI's and progress bars and macro screens in order to be competitive. I really would like a game where I can actually look at my character and their animations, and the enemies, instead and actually feel immersed and engaged with the game instead of the UI.

Taken from a thread on Reddit.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console... Empty Re: This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console...

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Very good point.  My thing is I'd rather not have to keep up with a gaming PC so I can play them.  I'm fine with them being for my console that might not be top of the line in graphics and such, as long as I don't have to keep upgrading parts every 6 months to be competitive.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console... Empty Re: This is why I actually would prefer to play MMO's on console...

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm

I would say this has to do more with the game then the platform you play on. I personally am looking forward to WildStar as it requires skill without something like an aimbot.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:I would say this has to do more with the game then the platform you play on. 

I see it differently.  Seems to be all about the platform, as consoles won't be able to use these types of addons and everybody will be on the same playing field.  "Skill" will be determined from actual humans playing the game instead of code doing it automatically.  I want to be able to play with people that actually know what they are doing instead of an addon making an alarm sound when they are standing in the fire prompting them to move out of the way.  I like to know if I won a fight it was because I did the right thing, not whether or not I followed the scripted instructions properly.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Coming from PC for the past 7+ years and I would like to say that upgrading your PC every 6 months to stay current is a myth. I ran a GTX 560 1gb video card for about 3 years before I finally upgraded and with that 560, I was hitting a stead 80 fps on med-high settings. But to the point of this post, I must agree that they are just coming to a giant macro war and I hated that. I am hoping they come out with a good MMO game for the consoles. ESO is coming to consoles right? I would also like to see a good Final Fantasy mmo game come out since there hasn't been one in forever. But I love playing MMORPGs because they provide a nice world to get immersed in more than your standard FPS game because you have to wait in between rounds but the MMORPG is as long as you are online. I actually want to see if they bring D3 to the XB1/PS4 because of the updated hardware would be able to handle it a lot better and maybe make the game more fun.
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

GamerTag : KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 pm

PC> ANY console
for mmo gaming /most games....... f#ck it PC MASTER RACE WOOT WOOT lol jk jk kind of  rofl  taco's
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:53 am

@Stevo - both Elder Scrolls and FF are coming to MMO on consoles with ESO and FFXIV.  ESO will be $60 with a $15/mo sub and FF will be $40 with a $12/mo sub.  See the respective threads in Misc Games (I think) for more info on each.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 am

Sweet thanks. I am hoping ESO will be as good as I hope it will be, but time will tell. I only played the Beta in the early early stages so I wasn't too impressed but It has a ton of potential.
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:43 am

Final Fantasy MMO will only release for PS3, PS4, and PC and allows cross platform multiplayer.  Elder Scrolls MMO will release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC and does not allow cross platform multiplayer.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 am

Awe bummer.. I was looking forward to FF. Oh well. I planned on getting a PS4 eventually anyways for some Planetside 2
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:24 am

KCCO Stevo wrote:Awe bummer.. I was looking forward to FF. Oh well. I planned on getting a PS4 eventually anyways for some Planetside 2

yeah, Microsoft didn't want to share with Sony.  Separate servers would need to be created just for Microsoft and Square Enix wanted everyone to be able to play together, so releasing for Xbox 360 and Xbox One wasn't an option.  I agree with Square Enix's decision.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down