Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes

5 posters

Go down

Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes Empty Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

OK, so I’m gonna throw this out there. What are the advantages of paying $10/month to use Spotify mobile versus just using iTunes which has all of my music, iTunes Radio, and genius recommendations? Now, I do like Spotify, and think it’s a great service, but is it really heads and tails above iTunes on the go, especially at $120/year.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes Empty Re: Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:32 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote:OK, so I’m gonna throw this out there. What are the advantages of paying $10/month to use Spotify mobile versus just using iTunes which has all of my music, iTunes Radio, and genius recommendations? Now, I do like Spotify, and think it’s a great service, but is it really heads and tails above iTunes on the go, especially at $120/year.

I thought Spotify mobile was free now?

S7 Wiggles1778 wrote:Doesn't really matter what you're listening to... but Spotify is the greatest.

They finally made their mobile app free, and I really do love it (from the What are you listening to? thread)
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes Empty Re: Mobile Spotify versus mobile iTunes

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Well, I guess that answers that...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote:Well, I guess that answers that...
Only remember that because I posted in that thread.  Glad I was able to help with that decision.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:40 pm

I thought Spotify mobile was always free but had the limitation of only allowing for radio stations like Pandora, so you never know what you will get playing. I personally have Google Music which is just like Spotify but I got it during beta so I only pay $8 a month, regular price $10. The only reason I got Google Music is because it was browser based from the beginning and just seems cleaner. So to each his own.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah google music was cool during beta but as an ios user it didn't pan out to well. Spotify is free to use the streaming but you have to be a member to listen to full albums other wise it is just streaming "radio". I use iTunes Match because I can hear all my music from my computer/cloud on my iPad/phone with out having to take up space on them.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 pm

does iTune Match allow you to download playlists to your devices? If not Spotify and Google Music do that.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:34 am

No iTunes is the least feature heavy service in those aspects. But is also the newest service of all.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 am

I did notice that you can bring your iTunes playlists into Spotify. So, that could be a solution. I'm testing out Spotify ad free for 30 days...then I'll decide if I want to pay or just do the free version. So far so good. Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Jwriter if you entered you credit card for that 30 day trial make use that if you don't want to continue after 30 days you take you card off your account or it will auto bill you. 
Spotify is also good for listening to music to decide if you want to buy it or just not have to buy it. I do that often but will also buy music from iTunes to support the artists I like.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Xbox music is nice too, and on most platforms (maybe not iPhone, but now on Android). And you can stream easy from the Xbox for your home theater.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Miller, first Zune now Xbox music...lol...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Well it's sort of the same thing right. Lol

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:11 pm

It is the same thing, and works great. $10 a month for all the music you can handle.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:31 pm

I dunno, Matt, that sounds like the Zune defense you've made in the past ;-)
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 pm

I've never had any problems with the service. You should try it. Now that you have graduated you can spot MS $10 for a month run at it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down