Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle

+2
S7 OC
S7 Sticky
6 posters

Go down

call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle Empty call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:33 pm

This year's Call of Duty is in development at Sledgehammer Games, Activision revealed during its investor earnings call today.
"For the first time, this years Call of Duty game, and future Call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle," the publisher also revealed. There are several advantages to doing this, the first is of course quality This will give our designers more time to envision and to innovate."
This would put developer Treyarch's presumed next Call of Duty in a 2015 release window, with Infinity Ward following suit in 2016.
Earlier this year, Sledgehammer posted a job listing for a "next-gen Call of Duty game." Sledgehammer previously assisted on development of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
For more on Call of Duty's future, stay tuned to IGN.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle Empty Re: call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle

Post by S7 OC Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Very cool I hope sledge hammer innovates a little more in call of duty. I know they had part in ghost but this next one being fully them I hope they put out a little more than the norm.  Any ideas on names/time period?  I have heard every thing from MW4 to a WW2 time period.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle Empty Re: call of Duty games, are being built on a three year development cycle

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:19 pm

This sounds about right. Really, a 2 year cycle should be sufficient time, but having that deadline of the pre-Christmas makes moving it back 3 or 4 months impossible. With the 3-year cycle we should see some better quality, but in all honesty, how many more "cycles" can we go?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Might also help to avoid COD burnout.  Seems like with getting a new one every year that you're always playing COD to keep up and there isn't as much time for other games.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 am

At first, I read this as a new Call of Duty game being released every three years and I thought I might actually try Call of Duty if that was the case, and then I realized that wasn't the case.  They're still doing their yearly releases. Lame.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:04 am

Xpert2010 wrote:At first, I read this as a new Call of Duty game being released every three years and I thought I might actually try Call of Duty if that was the case, and then I realized that wasn't the case.  They're still doing their yearly releases. Lame.
Exactly.  This really doesn't change anything as far as yearly releases go, they just have 3 different studios working on their respective games at the same time.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 pm

I don't see why yearly releases are lame. I'm sure people would go crazy if they put Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead on a 3 year cycle. They sure did when the Sopranos went to 18 months.

Just like all good things, everyone will eventually burn out. Not everything can be the Simpsons.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down